PCOM(on the ball)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raptor5

Fooled by Randomness
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some people out there have said bad things about how admissions are ran at PCOM but my experience has been much different. I had a secondary application one week after I submitted my application via AACOMAS and received another letter letting me know my application was complete a week after sending in my secondary. So far they seem to be on top of things. I guess we will see when it comes interview and/or accept/decline time.

It is not what you know it is who you know. This ,I believe, is key in searching for LORs. For example go to the schools Faculty page. A very long list and see if any of the adjuncts are located in your area. These are physicians that have solid ties with the school. When they write a letter it means so much and if they call to check the status of an application of yours the admissions dept. takes a look at your applicatin. This is good. If your application was looked at before it may move them to reconsider. If they haven't looked at your application if may get it fast-tracked.

I just thought I would share everything I learned this summer from sources that will remian anonymous

Members don't see this ad.

Good post.

Good advice for others.

thanks for the post. advice is always appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh...and...once my secondary was recieved i didnt get confirmation until after i called the school to check status on a LOR--this may be coincidence.

In the letter I received from them it said that they received my preprofessional commitee letter and recommends D.O. letters. They should have received 3 D.O. LOR's. I emailed PCOM admissions. They have not received any LOR's.

Saturday Aug. 23 - received interview invite in the mail today for Sept. 15.