PCOM or UHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcpetruc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

While I am happy at UHS, I would have gone to PCOM if given the choice. The opportunities in a city like Philadelphia for rotations and residencies is high class in my opinion. The biggest thing to me was the fact that PCOM has a joint DO/MPH program through Temple. I would have liked to do that. That program is not yet available at UHS. Also, UHS did just undertake a new curriculum for the class of 2004. The students seem happy, but I know they have had some organizational problems and I'm not sure I would volunteer to get involved with any new curriculum this early in it's application. As far as atmosphere and faculty, UHS is top notch in my opinion. UHS students can try and get a spot in Philadelphia during our 3rd and 4th years also, so coming to KC wouldn't shut down any hopes of rotating in Philly. Both schools will provide you with a great education...for me the biggest reason I would have gone to PCOM was that MPH rpogram. That may not be important to you. Good luck.

UHS03,
Quit playing with your computer and start studying OB-GYN, MED, Path & Pharm. We have nine tests next week! Also, you need to work on your ping pong too.

Members don't see this ad :)
who dat??

you left out micro, peds, FCM, and ODT!

I can't get away from the computer...it keeps calling me. Can I possibly learn all that crap in 3 days?? No! I may apply to VCR repair school next year.

[This message has been edited by UHS03 (edited 02-09-2001).]

Some high-yield facts to help you out:
1. Peds pts. are NOT little adults.
2. Whipple's Triad
3. Dilantin can cause gingival hyperplasia or hirsutism.
4. Posterior 1/3 of tongue to anus - GVA RULE - oh that's last year.
5. 2.0 = D.O.
6. "C" stands for Ceep(keep) on going!

man, If you've even looked at Peds you're way ahead of me. I've been wrestling with OB and IM all day (and night!)

You talk trash about my pong game...you better be ready to back that up!

I just made it through OB for the first time. Tomorrow is IM. In my opinion, you don't have any "pong game!"

e-mail me who you are so that I know who's ass I'm kicking next time I'm at the pong table
biggrin.gif

It should be painfully obvious to you who I am. I am the person who has OWNED you on the table. Complete and thorough DOMINATION!
On a serious note, I took a scintilating and euphoric journey through the menstrual cycle last night. Good luck next week!

I'm currently taking a wonderful journey through Human Papilloma Virus.

I can only think of one person who would claim to have OWNED me...I think not. Humor me and send an e-mail
smile.gif

Hey UHS03,

good luck on your tests next week. I am busy eating "humble pie" on my surgery rotation!

Thanks. I would love to hear about your 3rd year so far. If you have time, send me a mail ([email protected]).

Hope all is well (you're getting hammered in surgery huh?)