Penn c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard that if you get put on "hold" after an interview it is because they could not come to an agreement. So they set your file aside and then come back to it again later to discuss it.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you going to be in Penn V16? It is hard for me to keep up with all of the names since I am not on as much. If you are, I would like to pass the torch off for "pennwe school spirit". I no longer have time to adequately fulfill these duties :D

I'm 90% sure that I'll be Penn V16. Wisconsin is pulling at my purse strings, but Penn won me over at the interview. I would be proud to hold up the pennwe school spirit torch :D:laugh::love:

Hi! I just wanted to let you all know that I just canceled my penn interview for this friday to accept my offer at Tufts. I hope that will help someone a little bit! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Penn on Friday and I absolutely loved it. I am anxiously awaiting an acceptance/rejection. This is my second year applying so I will be beyond devastated if I don't get in. Fingers crossed!!!! :xf:

I interviewed at Penn on Friday and I absolutely loved it. I am anxiously awaiting an acceptance/rejection. This is my second year applying so I will be beyond devastated if I don't get in. Fingers crossed!!!! :xf:
Any news yet?

Just got a rejection email. Why no love, Penn?

Congratulations HorseLuv! Let me know if you (or anyone else) have any questions about Penn or Philly :)

Awww Nstarz. Really sorry

Not sorry enough to erase my suspicions of you in WW, but that sucks

Awww Nstarz. Really sorry

Not sorry enough to erase my suspicions of you in WW, but that sucks
:laugh: Yeah, maybe you got rejected because you're a wolf! :p
Just kidding, sorry to hear this... glad you have other options!
YOU'RE GONNA BE A VET!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bisbee -
Since I can't ask you to stay off this thread, and I know how much you enjoy congratulating people, I will just sit hear and grit my teeth everytime I see your name :smuggrin:.:D.

=(

they probably don't do any interviews past this friday's, right? sad face. whyyyyyy the drawn out torture.

The email said through march. I'm not losing hope yet!

Plus, my boss just brought me a brownie from le pain quotidien!!! I'm so excited!! NOM NOM NOM

OMG THOSE BROWNIES ARE SOOOO GOOD.
jealous.

...friday IS march. mehhhhhh hope lost.

But the key words were THROUGH march. I'm expecting the whole month. More distinct grammar would be to the BEGINNING of march.

Bisbee -
Since I can't ask you to stay off this thread, and I know how much you enjoy congratulating people, I will just sit hear and grit my teeth everytime I see your name :smuggrin:.:D.

Ooopsie! And here I am again. I'm trying. I really am.:oops:

But the key words were THROUGH march. I'm expecting the whole month. More distinct grammar would be to the BEGINNING of march.

I was told by the Admissions Committee that the last interview date would be this Friday the 2nd of March. But, the interviewees only have up to a certain date to accept the interview and so spots might open up. As is, I was supposed to interview this Friday and had to reschedule so my spot is technically still open as far as I know. If you haven't heard anything yet, maybe give them a call?

Stay positive...things will work out one way or another!

Ugh! Seriously??

Well since I have my IS Davis interview on Friday, I'd say Upenn is out for moi.

I still enjoyed my brownie!!!

I was told by the Admissions Committee that the last interview date would be this Friday the 2nd of March. But, the interviewees only have up to a certain date to accept the interview and so spots might open up. As is, I was supposed to interview this Friday and had to reschedule so my spot is technically still open as far as I know. If you haven't heard anything yet, maybe give them a call?

Stay positive...things will work out one way or another!

Did they reschedule your interview? Wow! I had interview date conflict in January, and i was told by the admission committee that it is current Penn policy: no rescheduling. So i missed my spot. It's pity to know that they still did rescheduling - but not for me. :confused:

I still enjoyed my brownie!!!

BTW, those brownies are honestly the best brownies on the face of this planet...jealousy...

And good luck this Friday at Davis! :xf: You're gonna do awesome! :D

BTW, those brownies are honestly the best brownies on the face of this planet...jealousy...

And good luck this Friday at Davis! :xf: You're gonna do awesome! :D

Thanks!! I'm going to be preparing tonight. The WW game is taking my mind of it.

Did they reschedule your interview? Wow! I had interview date conflict in January, and i was told by the admission committee that it is current Penn policy: no rescheduling. So i missed my spot. It's pity to know that they still did rescheduling - but not for me. :confused:

:eek: Seriously?!? They were actually really accommodating for me when they rescheduled, which honestly surprised me. Though, looking back, it was probably cuz of my conflict...I have an NCAA competition on the same weekend and absolutely cannot miss it. So...I guess it just depends on your reason? Idk...

:eek: Seriously?!? They were actually really accommodating for me when they rescheduled, which honestly surprised me. Though, looking back, it was probably cuz of my conflict...I have an NCAA competition on the same weekend and absolutely cannot miss it. So...I guess it just depends on your reason? Idk...

Wow, I'm totally jealous. It's all water under the bridge since I made it to my interview and was accepted, but I had to spend $1400 to get back from overseas a few days early in order to interview. They were pretty firm about no rescheduling. Perhaps they were more flexible with later interview times?

Wow, I'm totally jealous. It's all water under the bridge since I made it to my interview and was accepted, but I had to spend $1400 to get back from overseas a few days early in order to interview. They were pretty firm about no rescheduling. Perhaps they were more flexible with later interview times?

Ouch...that completely sucks. I guess they were more flexible later on? Either way, I still made it, though got rejected in the end, which at this point honestly doesn't matter.

Depends on the reason? I had Missouri interview scheduled and confirmed before i got interview invite from PENN. I called them 3! times ( and sent couple e-mail before) and got the same answer every time: "I need to choose between the schools. Penn does not do rescheduling. It is the policy". I was very sad about it (and now i feel even worse).

Depends on the reason? I had Missouri interview scheduled and confirmed before i got interview invite from PENN. I called them 3! times ( and sent couple e-mail before) and got the same answer every time: "I need to choose between the schools. Penn does not do rescheduling. It is the policy". I was very sad about it (and now i feel even worse).

:( I honestly, truly wish I had an answer for you and I'm sorry but I just don't know why they did what they did. :(

i wish they would just get this rejection over with so i can stop forming desperate hypothetical situations in my mind...

If the last interview day is really this Friday than they should just reject me because there is no way I could afford to buy a plane ticket from AZ to PA with a 3 day notice, I could barely afford it with a 2 week notice. But the good news would be that my work schedule would actually not conflict with an interview this Friday...;)

My poor fuzzy, warm sock is ready to abandon the clothesline...

If the last interview day is really this Friday than they should just reject me because there is no way I could afford to buy a plane ticket from AZ to PA with a 3 day notice, I could barely afford it with a 2 week notice. But the good news would be that my work schedule would actually not conflict with an interview this Friday...;)

My poor fuzzy, warm sock is ready to abandon the clothesline...

Is it really true that this Friday is the last interview day? If so, I wonder why we haven't heard anything. Maybe they're trying to let us down gently (let it sink in that we didn't get an interview)? Can anyone confirm for certain that this Friday is the last interview date?

zanydogz mentioned it yesterday... GRRRRRR. why couldn't they have done it in an earlier wave of rejections? they are cruel.

Is it really true that this Friday is the last interview day? If so, I wonder why we haven't heard anything. Maybe they're trying to let us down gently (let it sink in that we didn't get an interview)? Can anyone confirm for certain that this Friday is the last interview date?

I'm going to call, bisbee, as a double check.

Just let me put in my contacts!

To my dear little socks:

I just called UPENN and talked to Roseanne. The news is even more dire than we believed.

All interviews have been scheduled, and invites have been sent out. There will be no additional invites. Rejection letters are soon to follow.

Very truly yours,

Lil' Pink Sock

Tiger Willow - Thanks for calling on behalf of the pink socks. It must have been hard to hear the answer. I know we're all hugely disappointed. I guess we now just wait for the official rejection letters to arrive. Many of the pink socks have already been accepted and/or waitlisted at other schools, so that should help ease the pain. For the rest of us, we will also be okay and move onto Plan B.

Hi Bisbee,

You're very welcome. I was expecting it though and have many options that I still am waiting for. I just feel really awful for those of you who were riding on this. But, life goes on, and we all must go on with it.

Just wondering, what is your plan b? Are you applying again?

That's RIGHT! I totally forgot about your trip and all that. That was a miserable decision you had to make. SO glad it ended up being worth it! Congrats! :D

Bisbee - I'm so so sorry that we had to hear this bad news today. I am sure I'm not alone when I say we were all voting for each other, but had special hopes for you inparticular. I can't say anything nearly as nice, motivating, and reassuring as you would to the rest of us, but we all :love: you here and truly wish you the best! YOU ROCK! :D

TW - Thank you so much for giving them a call to put an end to this ridiculousness. You're one brave soul... If I don't hear from them this week, I may just have to sneak out of work and take the bus up the street to inquire exactly what's taking them so darn long. They're an ivy league institution for crying out loud - supposedly the 'smart' ones!! :smuggrin:

And Bisbee, I second Emiloo - you are a prized member of the SDN family. We wish you nothing but the best and will support you in anything you plan to do.

Haha thanks LMMS! I was happy and cheerful too... Wonder why

Sorry for all of my fellow Penn rejects, especially Bisbee :(

I don't know anything about admissions really but what about waitlist?

I don't know anything about admissions really but what about waitlist?

I *think* that the waitlist will be comprised of students who were put "on hold" after their interview. Does that sound right?

This thread has been a mixed bag of news... sad to hear of rejections for some great SDN members, but I'm glad that many of you have acceptances/waitlists elsewhere and it's just Penn that's missing out on some fantastic students. But congratulations to all of the V16ers! :love:

It's hard not to cry, but I don't know if it's because of not getting into Penn or because of the heartwarming sentiments of everyone here. I wish my fellow pink socks all the best. My Plan B is med school (osteopathic probably). I will write a post on the support thread in a little bit here.

It's hard not to cry, but I don't know if it's because of not getting into Penn or because of the heartwarming sentiments of everyone here. I wish my fellow pink socks all the best. My Plan B is med school (osteopathic probably). I will write a post on the support thread in a little bit here.

Well. You'll make more money than us!!

It'll be sad that we won't have you as a colleague :(

Will there be an official "Taking Down of the Socks" ceremony to commence? I play a mean cello. +pity+