Penn c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Although I too am in CA, I might as well be in a different state than you folks since I'm Norcal. Here, our beaches are muggy and the water is dark. We have redwood trees and Lake Tahoe. Totally different worlds.

I'm a lonely sock from Norcal too! Totally understand the world you're in...
 
Add me to the lonely sock club as well. I am only waiting to hear from 2 schools, UPenn being one of them.
 
I haven't even gotten a notification of an interview yet. I called a few weeks ago and they said that if I didnt get a rejection letter, then I was still being considered for an interview. I'm an OOS student. Did they just forget about me?
I don't think they forgot about you. I just got my interview offer a few days ago for the 2nd of March and I'm an OOS student as well.

Speaking of rescheduling, how bad does it look if you had to reschedule the interview? I actually had to reschedule this date due to an NCAA competition.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they forgot about you. I just got my interview offer a few days ago for the 2nd of March and I'm an OOS student as well.

Speaking of rescheduling, how bad does it look if you had to reschedule the interview? I actually had to reschedule this date due to an NCAA competition.

From what I've heard, Penn is not big on rescheduling at all. The may make an exception in extreme cases, though.
 
Lonely Sock Clubbers, please welcome our newest member: Zpearl.
:welcome:


Don't fret, Zpearl. Penn hasn't forgotten about you. They just like torturing young people. Let us hold you against our collective bosom and shield you from the cold winds of neglect, for we are the friends of the friendless. You are no longer a lonely sock hanging on the line, but a collection of many individual socks, each diverse, colorful, comfortable, unique in our own way, poised in a row - an army of foot-shaped cotton (or nylon, if you'd like) gathering together catching the sunny rays of hope. Welcome.


Sock it to Me: WildWoman, FluteStar, LMMS, Virginger, TigerWillow (lil pink sock), Bisbee, Emiloo, VacaMeansCow, Raimes, spoondiggity DVMDream, August West, Zpearl.


This might be the greatest thing I've ever read in my entire life. Thanks guys!
 
This might be the greatest thing I've ever read in my entire life. Thanks guys!

We're a tight knit little group, and all rooting for each other. I'm sure it won't be long now until some of us get emails and calls for interviews. Good luck to everyone! (And stay tuned).
 
Thank you everyone who responded. It is certainly an incredible Valentine's Day for me! Now, just down to the decision...👍
 
Accepted!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited! Especially since I am wait-listed at 2 other schools, but now I know I'm going to be a veterinarian! My decision will be between Penn and my IS, VA-MD (if I get in there).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited! Especially since I am wait-listed at 2 other schools, but now I know I'm going to be a veterinarian! My decision will be between Penn and my IS, VA-MD (if I get in there).
Congratulations! When did you interview? Were you part of the large animal interview group last week? Good luck with V-M, too!
 
This lone sock just got taken off the line!!!

And thrown into the trash. +pity+


(Don't feel bad for me, though, my friends. I was planning on staying on the west coast either way. Just wanted to report to duty for those still hanging...)
 
Thanks guys... I really fell in love with Western when I interviewed there so I am hoping to get good news from them and pretty much have my heart set on going there now :xf:

But still... 7 rejections in one cycle... ouch, my pride. 🙄
 
Spoon and AW - You got rejected and not even interviewed? I'm so sorry. I know it hurts. I'm bracing myself for same. Hang in. You will both go elsewhere and do great!
 
Thanks guys... I really fell in love with Western when I interviewed there so I am hoping to get good news from them and pretty much have my heart set on going there now :xf:

But still... 7 rejections in one cycle... ouch, my pride. 🙄

You will get into western. And those 7 rejections will fade away into the ether.
 
Spoon and AW - You got rejected and not even interviewed? I'm so sorry. I know it hurts. I'm bracing myself for same. Hang in. You will both go elsewhere and do great!

Thank you. I am at peace. A bit humbled, but at peace. And still probably far too confident. 😏
 
Thanks guys... I really fell in love with Western when I interviewed there so I am hoping to get good news from them and pretty much have my heart set on going there now :xf:

But still... 7 rejections in one cycle... ouch, my pride. 🙄

Aw, spoon! I get that pain... that was my 10th rejection...

My friend started at Western this year and he loves it 🙂 I hope to see you on the acceptances thread soon 😉 :xf:
 
Congratulations! When did you interview? Were you part of the large animal interview group last week? Good luck with V-M, too!

Thanks! I was a part of the large animal interview group. Everyone there seemed really nice and I LOVE New Bolton!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was a sign. Rain storm in Los Angeles. Let the rains wash away the dust that has settled on we hopeful socks, as we have flapped far too long in the winds of chaos. Let us brace ourselves for the oncoming deluge, celebrate the triumphs of others, and mourn for our fallen friends. +pity+

Soggy Socks: WildWoman, FluteStar, LMMS, Virginger, TigerWillow (lil pink sock / Davis leftover underwear), Bisbee, Emiloo, VacaMeansCow, Raimes, DVMDream (fuzzy warm sock), Zpearl, Whyevernot55 (veterana), CorporateFatCat (hirsute), NStarz, Myotis


Fare thee well: spoondiggity, August West
 
I've been lurking for a while, but I am also still a lonely sock. Haven't heard a word... starting to get a bit too anxious
 
I'm still waiting.. fearing that I have been rejected way long ago and that it just never got back to me.

The winds pretty fierce.
 
I'm still waiting.. fearing that I have been rejected way long ago and that it just never got back to me.

The winds pretty fierce.
Many of us are feeling that way, too. But in reality I think the admissions people are very organized and will get to us as they move along through the files. Apparently everyone heard by the end of February last year, so it won't be much longer.
 
I've been lurking around on these forums since July.........but I'm interviewing at Penn tomorrow and am SO EXCITED/FREAKING OUT it's my first interview ahhhh. To all those who are still waiting I remember a friend not getting an interview invite until at LEAST mid-March last year, so don't give up hope yet 🙂
 
I'm still waiting.. fearing that I have been rejected way long ago and that it just never got back to me.

The winds pretty fierce.

Many of us are feeling that way, too. But in reality I think the admissions people are very organized and will get to us as they move along through the files. Apparently everyone heard by the end of February last year, so it won't be much longer.

I am HARD CORE rooting for you both!!! Raimes, I know how tough this has been for you over the years and I have every appendage of mine crossed for you! :xf: Your persistence is amazing.
And Bisbee, you know I have nothing but 😍 and encouragement for you! I want to see your name on an acceptance thread almost as much as you do. No seriously, I think I will be the most excited person besides you!!! 😉
Hang in there guys! :nod::biglove:
 
Idk bout that Emiloo, I'll be pretty damn excited too!!

I'd say bisbee is the sweetest person on this thread. She's like the SDN prevet house mom. 🙂 Upenn Would be super lucky to have her!!!

Go Raimes also!!!
 
I'd say bisbee is the sweetest person on this thread. She's like the SDN prevet house mom. 🙂 Upenn Would be super lucky to have her!!!
seriously right? i love her motherly presence on the forum, always giving such wise advice 🙂 man penn would miss out if they didn't accept you!

everyone else waiting to hear back -- don't give up yet!! penn notoriously drags out the admissions process for a verrrrrrrry long time so hang in there! :xf: :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh...you guys! I just got home from my dog obedience class and see that you've been saying such nice things about me...made me cry. Thanks so much. I've been rooting for all of you, too, and am so happy when I see you get invites and get in. It is so exciting. I hope I get to meet some of you at Penn and be the real class mom.😍
 
Many of us are feeling that way, too. But in reality I think the admissions people are very organized and will get to us as they move along through the files. Apparently everyone heard by the end of February last year, so it won't be much longer.

Just FYI, not everyone heard by February. I was left hanging till mid-March last year. Not too much longer, but they really do drag things out.
 
Just FYI, not everyone heard by February. I was left hanging till mid-March last year. Not too much longer, but they really do drag things out.
Thanks for letting us know. I guess we could be in for a long one! Maybe no news is good news.
 
No news is definitely good news - I got my rejection email yesterday! hooray! Last year I didn't hear until March. The year before that I heard at the veeeeeery end of March.