Forum Members Pharmacy Job Market and Financials Subforum - Feedback Needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How to Integrate the Job Market Topic?

  • Single Thread: Pharmacy Job Market

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Subforum: Pharmacy Job Market

    Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Subforum: Pharmacy Job Market & Financials

    Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Merge threads on a case by case basis

    Votes: 3 7.9%

  • Total voters
    38
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no subforum created; don't merge my new thread to the mega thread (please for the love of god).

The poll is set to run until today so it would have been premature to do anything before now. Even once the poll closes I am sure it will be a few days before a new forum appears, assuming that is what even happens.

I am not opposed to leaving your thread alone for now but I am curious what is so objectionable about the megathread - you could have easily posted there to begin with?
 
The poll is set to run until today so it would have been premature to do anything before now. Even once the poll closes I am sure it will be a few days before a new forum appears, assuming that is what even happens.

I am not opposed to leaving your thread alone for now but I am curious what is so objectionable about the megathread - you could have easily posted there to begin with?

No one goes in the mega thread, no traffic there.
 
No one goes in the mega thread, no traffic there.

EXACTLY.

I ignore everything in the first grouping. If you make subforums, I'll ignore the subforums. Everyone will ignore the subforums. Whenever you put anything in a cornered off little area, it gets ignored. That's how it works. That's how it always winds up working. I made a new thread about CVS's 401k going to Vanguard and numerous people commented and thanked me for posting because they either didn't know about the transitioned or appreciated the advice in the thread. Laymen won't go into the financial advise forum. Sometimes important things need to be on the main posting area. And if the new theoretical forum paradigm was in place, how many people would be having 401k issues unbeknownst to them?

I'll say it again.

Stop overmoderating. Just let us post however we want.
 
Last edited:
If no one will look in the subforum knowing that's where things will be located, I guess no one actually cares about those topics.
 
I am probably one of the instigators of the thread, because I was kind of sick and tired of the trolling and the topic derailment to "pharmacy is doomed" from every thread (up to and including @BMBiology 's Investment and other hustles one). I feel that a reasonable compromise would be a subforum (that because of the topic interest, won't go the same way as Clinical Toxicology), and a fairly liberal hand to post there. That said, I'm actually not in favor of doing nothing due to the topic derailment.
 
So what’s the verdict, since it appears per the survey that most want a subforum, yet “do nothing” as not an choice to pick from? I would change my answer to this one if that was an option.
 
Update: A subforum is currently in the making. This goes beyond our abilities to create as mods, so we are communicating with the super-admins.

This may take a few days but the final phase is in process.

How do we communicate with the super admins that we prefer "do nothing"?
 
As if to prove my point, I completely forgot about this thread because its cornered off in its own area. I missed that the mods are ignoring our pleas to do nothing. Lame.

The mod that started this nonsense has only been a user on this forum for 4 short years. Why does this person have this much power? Everything was just fine before the current set of power hungry mods came around. Can we stage a coup against the mods?
 
As if to prove my point, I completely forgot about this thread because its cornered off in its own area. I missed that the mods are ignoring our pleas to do nothing. Lame.

The mod that started this nonsense has only been a user on this forum for 4 short years. Why does this person have this much power? Everything was just fine before the current set of power hungry mods came around. Can we stage a coup against the mods?
The fact that the mods are annointing new mods to the forum who aren’t even in pharmacy school yet tells you everything you need to know.
 
As if to prove my point, I completely forgot about this thread because its cornered off in its own area. I missed that the mods are ignoring our pleas to do nothing. Lame.

The mod that started this nonsense has only been a user on this forum for 4 short years. Why does this person have this much power? Everything was just fine before the current set of power hungry mods came around. Can we stage a coup against the mods?

If you looked at my past posts, you’d realize my primary section is being a mod for the Veterans' Benefits

Your intelligent enough to know not to correlate the mod who started this poll as the mod who decided to “change-the-forum”. Go back to our TOS and look at the mission statement. It’s respected that many of you voice your concerns, but many more users who wish to not voice there thoughts think otherwise (many more).

As stated, it’s pending change for admins in charge of sdn as a whole to assist in the subforum. To assist, I’ve sent a hyperlink to admins above me taking into account others’ concerns such as yourself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you looked at my past posts, you’d realize my primary section is being a mod for the Veterans' Benefits
This isn't relevant to me. I don't go there.

Your(sic) intelligent enough to know not to correlate the mod who started this poll as the mod who decided to “change-the-forum”.
Am I? This just came out of nowhere with no explanation as to why it needs to happen or who came up with the idea.

Go back to our TOS and look at the mission statement.

I see nothing relevant to this issue in the TOS. Nor the mission statement.

It’s respected that many of you voice your concerns, but many more users who wish to not voice there(sic) thoughts think otherwise (many more).

Do they? And these people are? If a bunch of people come out of the woodwork and started posting in support, I'd still gripe about the unneeded changes, but I'd concede that apparently the will of the posters is otherwise. But right now all I see is a new decision coming out of nowhere and a poll that 38 people voted in. There are hundreds of active posters on here.

As stated, it’s pending change for admins in charge of sdn as a whole to assist in the subforum. To assist, I’ve sent a hyperlink to admins above me taking into account others’ concerns such as yourself.

Good.

Dear SDN overlords,

Hey, guys. It's Mikey. Been here a while. Me and a few other people pretty much built the PharmD forum up from a few posters to the top active pharmacy forum on the internet back in the early to mid 00s. We've had some great times, overlords. I had to live in a shack in Eastern Maryland once. Also, my car caught on fire one other time. Please don't let these Johnny-come-lately mods ruin the joint. Financial and job market threads are integral to the fabric of our community. Isolating them in subforums will only make important threads and news either off-topic in the main forum or ignored in the new subforums. Subforums don't work here. They never have. Whenever they've tried one, it's failed. Trust Mikey. Mikey knows best. Mikey good. Mods bad.

Thanks,
Mikey.
 
The fact that the mods are annointing new mods to the forum who aren’t even in pharmacy school yet tells you everything you need to know.

In fairness to the newbies, this has been a historical trend. When I first started creeping on here, there were 6-7 mods at the time. Almost all of them at the time were pre-pharm or pharmacy students. In fact, Owle is the only one I’m aware of that didn’t check out as soon as they got their first paycheck deposited.
 
In fairness to the newbies, this has been a historical trend. When I first started creeping on here, there were 6-7 mods at the time. Almost all of them at the time were pre-pharm or pharmacy students. In fact, Owle is the only one I’m aware of that didn’t check out as soon as they got their first paycheck deposited.
What do you even get for being a mod??
 
For as long as I have been on SDN we have always merged threads with the same topic. The only reason that hasn’t always been done consistently is the lack of man power to do so. This really shouldn’t be thought of as a change at all. The subforum idea was really a compromise so that people that want to discuss it endlessly in a hundred different threads may do so with less interruption. Truly I would be just as happy to stick to the current policy of merging related threads.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.