Pharmacy to Medical school

Started by tykoon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tykoon

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a 24 YO male who is interested in pursuing a medical school after I am done with my PharmD. programme. I am currently a 5th year pharmacy student and I struggled through many classes. I was just wondering if there is anyone who is/has done it? I am not a very good student, my current GPA is 2.95 and my grade card at the end of the semester usually consists of a lot of Bs sprinkled with some As and Bs.

Does a PharmD. mean anything to the admission office? Where do I stand on this and what's my chance of being at least selected?

Please let me know, I would be interested in what you guys have to say!
 
tykoon said:
Hi, I am a 24 YO male who is interested in pursuing a medical school after I am done with my PharmD. programme. I am currently a 5th year pharmacy student and I struggled through many classes. I was just wondering if there is anyone who is/has done it? I am not a very good student, my current GPA is 2.95 and my grade card at the end of the semester usually consists of a lot of Bs sprinkled with some As and Bs.

Does a PharmD. mean anything to the admission office? Where do I stand on this and what's my chance of being at least selected?

Please let me know, I would be interested in what you guys have to say!

I have done it. I worked for awhile as a pharmacist before starting med school this year. In terms of how Admissions Commitees look at pharmacy? I don't think they treat your GPA any differently, so if your current GPA is 2.95, that might be a stubbling block. You have to score well on your MCAT, get great letters of recommendation and be able to explain your reason for switching careers.

Good luck.