PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hear ya,

I was in such a rush to get my application in, that I submitted it minutes after my pharmacist uploaded her LOR. I found out the next day that she put the primary relationship to me as "co-worker" instead of pharmacist. I think that might wreck me because a lot of schools I applied to don't even accept LOR's from coworkers

have your pharmacist contact pharmcas so they can fix that, and besides...i think most adcoms KNOW that if you're applying to pharmacy school and there's a letter from your pharmacist, they're most likely a supervisor, not a co-worker.

If they were your co-worker...you'd already be a PharmD :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ok how does this work. Schools due November 1st want Pharmcas app received FROM pharmcas by deadline or you e-submit Pharmcas by deadline of school?

my transcripts took about 2-3 weeks

didn't have to take pcat for cali schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 06/22 it took about a week to calculate my GPA and the mail out date was 07/27

Well thats annoying. I submitted mine on the 12th of october and im still waiting.

finally got everything in....hit the esubmit......now the wait begins
i'm not going to check for at least 3 weeks....everything should be sent by then.....feel so stupid sending in my stuff now...

The money is only a waste on Pharmcas if you allow it to be. You apply to 10 schools.... no matter what, you are going to lose a large sum of money.... whether you are accepted or not. As for me, I came up with my #1 choice in March.... I researched that school backwords and forwards and took care of everything I needed for pharmcas as soon as possible after filling out the information for the first time. The biggest trouble I had was getting a transcript from a community college I went to 10 years ago to send in a trascript. All of that said though, I had my information completely in by the end of July, had an interview in early October, and I have been accepted to my first choice. I got lucky, but taking time and doing research at the beginning of the process may make the long-term process easier on you. Just something to consider if you have to go through this "hell" again.

Sincerely,
FutureRxGuy

^^ Yeah retrieving transcripts that were generated pre-computerization involves a lot more work. Basically, the staff will have to dig through microfiche archives, project it onto something, and make a photocopy.

Only affects a minority on this board, but something to consider none-the-less.

I have a million stupid questions about how to fill out pharmCAS - I am so nervous about messing things up! I've emailed them about a couple things, so maybe you can help me with this - when you type in your classes, are you typing exactly what is on your transcript (for example, Intercultural Communic or Intro Res Meth in Psy) or are you typing out the full words (Intercultural Communication and Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology)? I don't want to either not follow directions or to be unclear.

Thanks!

Report ALL coursework completed...exactly as it appears on your transcript.

Nothing ambiguous here...exact means exact.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the PCAT before I submitted my PharmCAS.

In my PharmCAS application, under "Official Tests" on the right hand side, nothing is listed. PharmCAS was one of the three that I chose when I took the PCAT (August). I did note my taking of the PCAT under "Tests". I submitted my PharmCAS fairly recently.

Do I have to re-send my scores because I took the PCAT BEFORE submitting? Or does it take time for it to show up? If anyone else took the August PCAT and submitted their PharmCAS, please let me know!

Well it should have shown up on the PharmCAS site with no problem no matter when you submitted. Under Official Tests on my PharmCAS it says PCAT Date Taken August 07. I would give PharmCAS a call and think about resending.

tell me about it.....i applied to 13 schools , only to find out 1 of em doesnt offer visas, the other two require a long ass essay and for one of them 2 diff essays ....like i would just keep repeating myself......anyhoo i think i'm just going to apply to 10 of em.....dos

anyone think dropin -uni of appalachia, mercer and thomas jefferson a good idea?

also i'm done with the supplemental applications of the other schools that require it now, i just esubmitted on pharmcas yesterday....can i send in my supp today to the schools?

can i get a reply please.....do i have to start another thread

nappyroots, what's the question? :confused:

I am. I don't see a question mark.

I e-submitted on July 30th, and the application was mailed out on August 6th. Pharmcas received my transcripts before I e-submitted so the GPA was already calculated.

Type it in so the employee working on your application to calculate / verify your coursework doesn't run into ambiguous sections or problems. As the previous reply stated, exact.

what you can do is delete that recommendation from your file. and add her again and have her resubmit it.
Sorry, but once she has submitted, deleting it isn't an option. A candidate may only delete a reference if and only if it hasn't been e-submitted by the professor or pharmacist. I'm sure they will understand that she is your boss.

So, PharmCAS calculated my GPA's and they're not right. (I was expecting them to be a little off, but there are classes that are not classified correctly) I emailed them to take another look and make some adjustments. Has anyone else had to deal with this and how long did it take?

Thanks!

From what I'm understanding you can submit up to three LOR's to PharmCAS to send out to the schools you are applying to. Now let's say one particular school only requires two LOR's instead of three. Can you tell PharmCAS which two to send to that particular school? I was just wondering how that worked. Thanks.

I had something similar happen. Pharmcas left one of my course grades blank. When I noticed it, I emailed them and they responded the next day and fixed the grade. They mailed a revised version of my application 1 week after the first mailing. It was pretty easy. (This happened in August)

One question:

I took the PCAT in August, and again in October. Of course I haven't received the October scores, but I hope and feel I did better on that exam. My question is should I refer to the August or the October PCAT in my PharmCAS application?

Thanks!
gensin

ARGH! :wow: AND HOLY CRAP! PharmCAS requires that you manually enter details on all college courses taken! That's about 200 credits for me!!! LOL. I think I'm heading to Starbucks to treat myself to a caramel frappuccino.

Ah, nevermind. I located the FAQs link and found my answer.

Ok...my GPA is calculated when I click on the link, but there is no date next to the link. I do have a date next to my Transcripts like though. Does PharmCAS put a date next to the GPA link?

Also, I applied to ACP, should I just send them the $100 right now before PharmCAS sends my application?

ha ha, I hear you. I've attended 6 different schools. I don't think I had quite 200 credits but it was a pain nonetheless especially the requesting transcripts part.

Good luck with it all.

Did you get me Starbucks too?:D

I totally believe colleges try to weed out people by adding a bunch of useless information to their applications. Deters the less industrious types!

Just curious, but is the wireless internet at Starbucks free in AZ?

Hell no! It's expensive and run by T-mobile. You have to go to the little coffee shops for free wireless. I unfortunately worked for Starbucks in high school and only like their coffee. I never stay for the wireless though. I don't think Starbucks wireless is free anywhere. I went to a UK Starbucks and they still used T-mobile.

I don't think they put a date next to the GPA link. it wasn't there on mine. I do think they enter a date when they submit your application.

not sure about the 2nd question.

Oh come on...with all the people on here who have used PharmCAS I know that SOMEONE can answer this question please....

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if you submit 3 LORs, then all your schools will receive 3 LORs regardless of only requiring 2 LORs.

I don't think they put a date next to the GPA link. it wasn't there on mine. I do think they enter a date when they submit your application.

not sure about the 2nd question.

how long did it take for them to submit ur appliaction after youve e-submitted?

Hi! I recently got married in August. In June/July 2007, my transcripts were sent to Pharmcas with my maiden name. Will that confuse them or delay the processing of my application?

I found the answer to my question :)

I had a quick question regarding this portion of the application. I am pretty sure this is for certifications relating to the pharmacy field. However, i dont have any certifications and think that may look bad. I am MOUS certified in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, but those are the only certifications I can think of that may have a slight chance of being useful here. Any help on if this should be included or what some of you used under this section would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had a quick question regarding this portion of the application. I am pretty sure this is for certifications relating to the pharmacy field. However, i dont have any certifications and think that may look bad. I am MOUS certified in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, but those are the only certifications I can think of that may have a slight chance of being useful here. Any help on if this should be included or what some of you used under this section would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think you can put these on there, it might make you a more intriguing candidate. However, I think you're correct in that they're probably looking for things related to pharmacy (first aid, CPR, etc).

i think there was a thread about this but i cant find it..

soo.. how long did it take for pharmcas to finish the gpa calculations for everyone?

and also how long did it take for the schools to get ur pharmcas after u e-submitted?

I took exactly 2 weeks for GPA calc. I e-submitted 10/16, gpa capculated 10/30.....I'm still waiting for them to mail it though. I heard they only mail weekly, so I'm hoping Friday..or Monday.

It really depends on when you submit it. If a lot of other people are submitting at the same time (around deadlines) it could take quite awhile.

I submitted sometime early October. It took them 2 business days to calculate my GPA (I submitted on a Friday and it was calculated by Wednesday morning.. that Monday was a holiday). They mailed it to my school Monday morning. I had 3 schools worth of transcripts. So I don't know why it was expedited so quickly.

Crystal

anybody else got any experience with this issue