Pics of terrible orthotics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's see if we can keep this from devolving into how Podiatry is a terrible return on the investment.

Let's post pics of terrible orthotics.

Me first. This was made by a company that says they go to people's houses to fit them instead of having a office location. This is a multi-state organization. The best part is the patient said they just dropped him off at his front door after they were made. Of course he came to me with a new ulcer approximately 3 weeks after getting these. I've had other issues with this company. How do I file some type of whistleblower complaint or something and say Medicare there's no way you should be paying for these things?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 20240104_141616.jpg
    20240104_141616.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 91
Members don't see this ad :)
I casted a patient, sweet 90 year old lady with terrible pes planus. They then mailed her a set of otc orthotics from ali-express. XD

I casted a patient, sweet 90 year old lady with terrible pes planus. They then mailed her a set of otc orthotics from ali-express. XD
90 years old with terrible pes planus.

Did you let her know people weren’t meant to walk comfortably for that long?

Reactions: 3 users
90 years old with terrible pes planus.

Did you let her know people weren’t meant to walk comfortably for that long?
I told her, she needs a flat foot recon, likely Triple. Severe osteoporosis 2/2 titanium deficiency. Might have to frame her. But heck, she can die at 90 or walk with slightly less pain and large cicatrix at 91. She went with the orthotics.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
IMG_4076.jpg

Not a ‘bad orthotic’ but funny nonetheless

Patient of mine with a healing Heel ulcer, just livin on the edge with her DM insert and daring sub-1 to get in on the action

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 380692
Not a ‘bad orthotic’ but funny nonetheless

Patient of mine with a healing Heel ulcer, just livin on the edge with her DM insert and daring sub-1 to get in on the action

I almost didn't see the push pin there while I was busy being disgusted by all the pubic hair.