Pill Mill Drs & RPhs Beware............

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealistRPh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two cases already since 1/1/11 of pill mill docs and pharmacists disciplined (suspended licenses). New law in Texas where pain mgmt. clinic must be owned by a physician & be on site at least 33% of time in operation led to Texas Medical Board's improved ability to shut these darn things down! WOO HOO! Makes my life easier & saves countless lives IMO. I'll have to try to post the Houston Chronicle articles.:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

They will still need their highs. Now without a legal-ish way to get it, they will turn to stealing **** and buying smack from some hopper on a street corner.

Now is a good time to buy a pawn shop in Houston.

I'm glad that they still have work for pharmacists in Texas, but their laws are nuisance to border states. I hate working in a state that borders Texas!

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I don't even know what to think, is this a Texas or Louisiana problem? (at least something was done about pill mills in Louisiana 3 years ago), but I'm so tired of it all. How about they do something more in Texas than require 3 copies of a C2 prescription? What a joke!!! Thanks for making everyone in this state suffer when they travel to Texas, too. "What? Do you mean that Little Johny can't get his Daytrana patches, because his prescription doesn't have 3 copies to it?" Oh the stupidity...

I'm tired of the local ER departments requiring patients to fill all of their prescriptions or none in a free market economy because of opiod abuse, tired of healthcare waste due to overly conservative, insufficient pain management by ER rooms and internal medicine clinics, fed up with dispensing methadone to addicts at 2 or 4 o'clock in the morning the day that they run out or the day that the rx is written- like freakin' clockwork!, tired of people calling in the middle of the night to verify a drug from a drug deal, and I'm sick of the hysteria and paranoia surrounding pain management prescriptions from out of state pain management clinics, eg "We HAVE to verify this script!"

I am not a cop. I want my profession back!

Last edited: