This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doggo5

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
So i am looking to apply to dental schools and my undergrad GPA is 2.9. I am currently doing a Masters of Biomedical Sciences program at Rutgers. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about which schools i have the best chance of getting into as well as what i should do in order to increase my chances of getting accepted. I already have shadowing experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
 
Yeah, do everything you can to get a killer DAT score, and be prepared to explain the relatively low GPA in your personal statement/interviews. If you're currently in a masters program and getting decent grades, that might help too! I don't think GPA is everything, especially if you can show you're growing and have improved since then. Good luck!