Please review my step 1 summer study plan!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted674723

I just finished up my MS1 year at a school that does organ blocks and definitely doesn't teach to step 1. This summer I want to review everything I learned for MS1. This is what we covered:

(Anatomy, Macromolecules, cell phys, genetics, histology, pharm, path, Epidemiology)
Dermatology

Immunology
Microbiology

Heme/Onc
Neuro
Psych

My plan to review this stuff is to buy a 3 month USMLErx sub and do all of the questions for each of these blocks. I've heard its best not to start using UWORLD until dedicated time. I will use FA to review questions in USMLErx that I don't know and annotate FA in accordance with the USMLErx questions. I will also review the relevant Pathoma chapters for each section and watch SketchyMicro videos for mico. Is this a good strategy to reinforce my boards learning through from my first year? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished up my MS1 year at a school that does organ blocks and definitely doesn't teach to step 1. This summer I want to review everything I learned for MS1. This is what we covered:

(Anatomy, Macromolecules, cell phys, genetics, histology, pharm, path, Epidemiology)
Dermatology

Immunology
Microbiology

Heme/Onc
Neuro
Psych

My plan to review this stuff is to buy a 3 month USMLErx sub and do all of the questions for each of these blocks. I've heard its best not to start using UWORLD until dedicated time. I will use FA to review questions in USMLErx that I don't know and annotate FA in accordance with the USMLErx questions. I will also review the relevant Pathoma chapters for each section and watch SketchyMicro videos for mico. Is this a good strategy to reinforce my boards learning through from my first year? Thanks!
Do sketchy micro and pharm if anything over the summer. That's it. You're not going to remember things from this summer.

Sdn teaches neuroticism early on, don't fall for the trap.

How do people make it through 2-3 passes of qbanks if they dont start before MS2?

Three passes isn't necessary
I don't even think two is imo if you thoroughly learn it the first time. I think it would be a waste to do questions so early on

But take my advice with a grain of salt, I didn't get my scores back yet

Dermatology

Immunology
Microbiology

Heme/Onc
Neuro
Psych

I personally didnt do this, but i wish i had. Last summer all i did was FA for biochem, pharm, cardio and resp. Questions probably wouldve been more stimulating.