Possible jobs for patient interactions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b.nguyening

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am having some trouble finding jobs that involve patient interactions because I was looking into pharmacy school until very recently. Thus, I have no additional certifications so that narrows down the jobs available. Could you guys please give me advice on possible jobs or if I should volunteer instead?

Members don't see this ad.

Volunteering is generally easier. You could also scribe, which is usually paid and a 9-12 month commitment and training is infolded.

Hello everyone,
I am having some trouble finding jobs that involve patient interactions because I was looking into pharmacy school until very recently. Thus, I have no additional certifications so that narrows down the jobs available. Could you guys please give me advice on possible jobs or if I should volunteer instead?
Receptionist in a medical office requires no additional training. Neither would Dietary Aide in a nursing home.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are you a CphT or have you worked as a pharmacy technician?

I currently work in retail and while there are the usual pangs of a customer service industry, healthcare is becoming more patient satisfaction driven. I love learning about pharmacology, medication management, and how pharmacists and doctors must work as a team to best treat patients. There is also TONS of patient interaction. Legally, I cannot counsel except what my Rph trusts me to convey without error, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to listen to a patients entire life and medical hx before I ask them if they mind being put on hold to wait for a Rph. The pay is good enough depending on company and if you have the right pharmacists , you will be well supported and learn a lot of valuable information!

So are you a CphT or have you worked as a pharmacy technician?

I currently work in retail and while there are the usual pangs of a customer service industry, healthcare is becoming more patient satisfaction driven. I love learning about pharmacology, medication management, and how pharmacists and doctors must work as a team to best treat patients. There is also TONS of patient interaction. Legally, I cannot counsel except what my Rph trusts me to convey without error, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to listen to a patients entire life and medical hx before I ask them if they mind being put on hold to wait for a Rph. The pay is good enough depending on company and if you have the right pharmacists , you will be well supported and learn a lot of valuable information!
Yeah, I'm currently working as a pharm tech. However, I was looking for something in a hospital setting. I do agree that I learn a lot, but I do not really know if it would help me reach my long term goal of medical school.