Possible jobs for patient interactions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

b.nguyening

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I am having some trouble finding jobs that involve patient interactions because I was looking into pharmacy school until very recently. Thus, I have no additional certifications so that narrows down the jobs available. Could you guys please give me advice on possible jobs or if I should volunteer instead?
 
Hello everyone,
I am having some trouble finding jobs that involve patient interactions because I was looking into pharmacy school until very recently. Thus, I have no additional certifications so that narrows down the jobs available. Could you guys please give me advice on possible jobs or if I should volunteer instead?
Receptionist in a medical office requires no additional training. Neither would Dietary Aide in a nursing home.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are you a CphT or have you worked as a pharmacy technician?

I currently work in retail and while there are the usual pangs of a customer service industry, healthcare is becoming more patient satisfaction driven. I love learning about pharmacology, medication management, and how pharmacists and doctors must work as a team to best treat patients. There is also TONS of patient interaction. Legally, I cannot counsel except what my Rph trusts me to convey without error, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to listen to a patients entire life and medical hx before I ask them if they mind being put on hold to wait for a Rph. The pay is good enough depending on company and if you have the right pharmacists , you will be well supported and learn a lot of valuable information!
 
So are you a CphT or have you worked as a pharmacy technician?

I currently work in retail and while there are the usual pangs of a customer service industry, healthcare is becoming more patient satisfaction driven. I love learning about pharmacology, medication management, and how pharmacists and doctors must work as a team to best treat patients. There is also TONS of patient interaction. Legally, I cannot counsel except what my Rph trusts me to convey without error, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to listen to a patients entire life and medical hx before I ask them if they mind being put on hold to wait for a Rph. The pay is good enough depending on company and if you have the right pharmacists , you will be well supported and learn a lot of valuable information!
Yeah, I'm currently working as a pharm tech. However, I was looking for something in a hospital setting. I do agree that I learn a lot, but I do not really know if it would help me reach my long term goal of medical school.