Post-Bac 2021-2022 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview for Thomas Jefferson today! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Edit:

So overall it went well. In total, I spoke with Dr. Byrne and Dr. Heine. Initially starting over the phone then moving to facetime after I was asked. I received a full briefing on my own application (what they liked) then moved into talking about the school. I then had an opportunity to ask questions about the program. By the time my interviewers finally got around to asking questions I was 40-45 minutes into the interview. The questions went:

Teach me something.
What achievement in your life are you most proud of?
If you were a good witch and had to give your patients a special potion that gave them a superpower what kind of potion would you make?

I was cut off because we ran out of time for the last question but I believe it was something like:

What three things would you change if able in the American health system?

Then my next interview came on and immediately asked me "why are you on this call?"

She followed up with "what is an achievement you are proud of?"

We then finished the last 20 minutes of the interview talking about bread and pizza ovens.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All- just was accepted to Bryn Mawr. That completes my cycle, since I only applied to Goucher and BM. Today is the 8th day since interview. Good luck all.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Could anyone give me a gpa range of students who get accepted to BM and goucher?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Could anyone give me a gpa range of students who get accepted to BM and goucher?
Hi Rosalin- I am in the ~3.5 uGPA range. I think you will find a lot of students who are 3.5 uGPA or above, but I think that anything close gives you a good shot “on paper.” Caveat being that (I think) BM and Goucher take a lot more than “paper” into consideration.

Best of luck and hope that gives you peace of mind.

Hi everyone! Has anyone been offered an interview for LMU (Loyola Marymount) and have any advice?

Hi all, just accepted my Goucher offer. Really excited to be joining some of you as classmates! All the best to those attending other programs and to those who are still waiting. If any applicants have questions about Goucher/BM interviews, feel free to message me.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I'm happy to say I'll be heading to Bryn Mawr in May!

The other prospective students I met... (SDBiotech, you may have been one of them, I think)
Congrats on your acceptance and best of luck at BM! So exciting. I think I may remember you, too- if so, you have an incredible academic background and I look forward to the day you’ll be a double-doctor. Glad to see we both ended on a positive note!

Reactions: 1 user
Side question- does anyone know the linkage GPA floors/stats required for BM and/or Goucher? If so, can someone PM me?

Side question- does anyone know the linkage GPA floors/stats required for BM and/or Goucher? If so, can someone PM me?
There is a PDF floating around on google of stats required for linkage through Columbia's Program. They overlap with many of the same linkage schools. Generally UG GPA at least 3.6 and Post Bac GPA 3.7+

There is a PDF floating around on google of stats required for linkage through Columbia's Program. They overlap with many of the same linkage schools. Generally UG GPA at least 3.6 and Post Bac GPA 3.7+
Doesn’t Columbia openly list their requirements on their website? If not, would appreciate a PM of the link. I don’t see why this info should be a secret

Thank you for letting me know your GPAs! I was wondering how much weight is put into SAT scores? My SAT scores were pretty bad (980), however, my undergrad GPA is pretty good. I was also curious how much emphasis they put into ECs? My ECs are pretty standard, I have clinical experience, volunteer experience, little research experience, and very little shadow experience.

Would also appreciate a PM of the link!

The Columbia linkage information is on the website, here. I don't know anything about a PDF, but I would imagine the site provides a general sense. In interviews I did, some students at BM mentioned that they received a document with details on each of the linkage requirements, so maybe you could reach out to someone there who might have it. The students at UVA were keen on linking to Pitt because they did not require an MCAT score, however it seems to me if you are going to be a rigorous program you would likely do fine on the MCAT anyways, but to each their own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for letting me know your GPAs! I was wondering how much weight is put into SAT scores? My SAT scores were pretty bad (980), however, my undergrad GPA is pretty good. I was also curious how much emphasis they put into ECs? My ECs are pretty standard, I have clinical experience, volunteer experience, little research experience, and very little shadow experience.

Hi there, I know this is probably not what you were hoping to hear, and I only intend this to be helpful and not snarky at all, but I don't think anyone here can tell you how much weight is placed on any one part of an application, for any one applicant. I know questions like this are at least partly born out of anxiety about the "black box" around admissions, especially if you are someone, like me, who maybe came from public schools or are 1st gen, or doesn't know anyone who has done what you're attempting to do. So I get the worry, but I question the utility. Obviously, like with all things, having high grades and test scores is viewed positively. But from my cycle and what I know of others', there is not really a hard and fast set of rules at work. All of the schools I applied to were very interested in me holistically and my motivations and experiences bringing me to make this massive decision. Moreover, you have a good trend in earning a high undergrad GPA that I think would be viewed favorably. You can submit more tests, too, so if you are worried about your score significantly, its not totally set in stone. You can study for standardized tests. You can take the GRE or even the SAT or ACT again, and submit a new score. I don't think there is some magic formula of extra curricular and numbers that anyone can really give you. I think my general advice is that if you feel like you have strong reasons, sincere experiences, some semblance of academic success, and a good sense of your own narrative, that will shine through in your experiences and application. Don't discount the things you have to offer by obsessing over areas you view as a weakness.

You do not have to be perfect to get into a post-bac. Really, you don't. It seems like you have clinical experience, which is great, and as long as you can articulate your vision and how you got to this point, you have a shot as much as anyone does. People hark on stats and comparing bullet points on this forum so much, but realistically those things don't give you much insight into what is possible for you, individually. Don't get stuck in the trap of thinking that because one part of your application might not be perfect, you won't shine in other areas. Its really easy to read into these threads, compare yourself to anonymous people on the internet, and discount your own unique experiences and attributes that are strengths. I know this because I used to do this, and it was incredibly tiring and anxiety provoking. I think its more important that the experiences you speak to in an application be authentic and sincere, than that they meet some arbitrary benchmark for "competitiveness." You got this!

Reactions: 4 users
To echo goforit, I think postbacs look for people who would make strong/compelling med school applicants within a year or two. The main point of PBPM is to matriculate to med/dental within a year or two, and those are the results, upon which, post bac programs are judged (acceptance to med school). The stronger a med school applicant you’d make, I would guess, the stronger a post bac candidate you are. This is why gpa is important, but not everything.
But then again, I don’t know anything, and I’m just guessing based on what I’ve read/heard.

Most of my classmates at BM had above a 3.5GPA but some had below that. Don't read too much into the numbers. The more interesting your background (and demonstrated commitment to medicine and service) then then better your chances will be. I've said in previous posts that getting into BM, Goucher, etc. is a numbers game.

It doesn't hurt to apply. The worst they can say is no.

Does it even really matter where you do your post-bacc from a medical school's perspective? Looking at top medical school's (top 50 or so) websites, it seems they are more open to non-traditional or more unusual expressions of one's commitment to medicine and service than a post-bacc may be. For instance, University of Michigan lists the different ways previous applicants have met the school's core values they seek out in students, and the examples given are much broader than traditional volunteering and shadowing (though those are mentioned, as well.) It seems like medical schools really value diversity. On the contrary, it seems like post-bacc programs don't necessarily value diversity and perhaps want the opposite -- candidates who are similar to ones they've admitted in the past that history has shown have gotten into medical schools. Anyways, all this to say, it seems like one shouldn't let one's rejection from any post-bacc get themselves feeling too down or vice-versa -- regardless of where one goes, there is much hard work ahead, and it seems medical schools as a whole are more likely to take on a "risky" candidate, perhaps someone who doesn't hit the numbers mark at all, but has shown commitment to the profession in other exceptional ways.

Does it even really matter where you do your post-bacc from a medical school's perspective? Looking at top medical school's (top 50 or so) websites, it seems they are more open to non-traditional or more unusual expressions of one's commitment to medicine and service than a post-bacc may be. For instance, University of Michigan lists the different ways previous applicants have met the school's core values they seek out in students, and the examples given are much broader than traditional volunteering and shadowing (though those are mentioned, as well.) It seems like medical schools really value diversity. On the contrary, it seems like post-bacc programs don't necessarily value diversity and perhaps want the opposite -- candidates who are similar to ones they've admitted in the past that history has shown have gotten into medical schools. Anyways, all this to say, it seems like one shouldn't let one's rejection from any post-bacc get themselves feeling too down or vice-versa -- regardless of where one goes, there is much hard work ahead, and it seems medical schools as a whole are more likely to take on a "risky" candidate, perhaps someone who doesn't hit the numbers mark at all, but has shown commitment to the profession in other exceptional ways.
I think of the post bacs mentioned in this thread as a sort of fast-track, which is why I was interested in them. Scheduling your classes is never an issue and there’s the opportunity to link. I think you’re right though you could do it a lot of ways and be successful. My first plan was to do a DIY post Bac.

Longtime (and appreciative!) lurker on this thread. I second boxalarm in that structured postbacs seem to offer a fast-track in terms of academic requirements. However, it also seems like successful applicants to these programs already have diverse and meaningful experiences, and then they attend these programs for the targeted curriculum and advising. Of course, that isn't to say that one can't have a super compelling background and not go to one of these programs or that the personal interests have to stop just because one goes to a structured postbac. To answer your opening question, the received opinion that I've encountered is that to a certain extent, no, medical schools don't care where one completes the premed requirements. But I think that well regarded one-year programs can be a great fit and a good boost for certain students.

Anyway, hello all! I've been accepted at Goucher and am awaiting a Bryn Mawr decision. I'm happy to share about my interview experiences, especially as a reapplicant at Bryn Mawr, as well as stats, etc. if you PM, and I'd love to contribute to a wrap-up of information like that at the end of the application cycle if people think that would be of interest to future applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you, and congrats to you, too! I just sat in on the physics class (the one during my interview week was delayed due to the election) and it was great--I can't wait to actually learn the laws of thermodynamics in a compelling way haha. All past/current/prospective students whom I've met have been so encouraging and thoughtful, and I'm grateful to be entering this exciting, intense, and supportive little world.

This is a good question that more people should ask.

The answer is yes and no.

Yes. Getting into a "top" career-changer post bacc program requires either a.) amazing grades and extracurriculars (if you're fresh out of undergrad) or b.) a compelling/interesting/successful professional background and pretty good grades (if you're a true career changer). These programs also have very high success rates in sending their graduates to medical school often because they screen applicants heavily on the way in and usually only admit people that are sure bets. This begs the question: are these top programs really good because medical schools look favorably upon the program or because the quality of applicant coming out of the program is already very high? Obviously it is a bit of both, as these two aspects compliment each other.

No. If you're a competitive applicant in any situation, then where you go doesn't matter. There are, however, many trade offs that should be considered. The best formal post bacc programs offer excellent advising in the form of reviewing your application literally dozens of times before they will give you the green light to hit submit. If you go to a lesser known program, you may not have the quality of advisement or worse, get lumped into undergrad weed out classes where organic chemistry is designed to make you fail. But like I said, if you're a competitive applicant in any context then these factors won't matter and you will do well anywhere.

Like others have mentioned, formal post bacc programs are the fast track to get in and get out to where you want to be. The price, fiscally and emotionally, is steep. Even the top programs where you see high matriculation numbers are not a walk in the park and the work is challenging. You're knocking out in 12 months what most pre-meds do over the course of 2-2.5 years. I found myself studying upwards of 6 hours a day outside of class when I was at BM. This included both days of the weekend. If you can afford a top program and get in, then I'd recommend going. If you can't afford it or don't get in, then you can still get the job done elsewhere. It just may require more work outside of the classroom to figure things out, rather than having a bright lit and well-groomed path laid before you.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all,

I was recently accepted to post-bac programs at Washington University St. Louis, Columbia and University of Michigan (MEDPREP). Does anyone have any advice or insight into which program to attend? I would love to hear about anyone's experience at these programs and/or the decision process to attend the program.

For some background, I am looking for a program where I can fulfill my premed requirements, boost my undergraduate GPA, and get involved in research/volunteering. I am also interested in completing classes within a year and applying to linkage programs.

Thank you in advance!

Wanted to follow up and share that I was fortunate enough to be accepted at Bryn Mawr and plan to enroll there for the coming year. @englishtomed, @turning_pnt, @microfisher91, and any others who are also going, let me know if you want to get in touch!

@anonymous2127, congrats on your acceptances, and I wish that I had something substantive to contribute. I have had people caution me against considering Columbia's post-bac program (even from somebody happily attending their med school), but I can't say anything from personal experience and don't know anything about the other programs, though it seems like you're in a good position being able to choose between the three. I hope this comment can act as a bump for your post.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi all,

I was recently accepted to post-bac programs at Washington University St. Louis, Columbia and University of Michigan (MEDPREP). Does anyone have any advice or insight into which program to attend? I would love to hear about anyone's experience at these programs and/or the decision process to attend the program.

For some background, I am looking for a program where I can fulfill my premed requirements, boost my undergraduate GPA, and get involved in research/volunteering. I am also interested in completing classes within a year and applying to linkage programs.

Thank you in advance!
I'd be curious too on anyone's impressions of these schools. All I can say is I attended a virtual Q&A for Columbia's program with current students. They said the program is hard but not as "cut-throat/competitive" as many people have posted on SDN. Three of the five current students from that Q&A were also talking about going into another master's program after their postbac (rather than medical school.) They talked about getting a master's in nutrition as being a good option because you're already so close to it with your postbac classes -- which was kind of a turn-off for me, personally.

I'd be curious too on anyone's impressions of these schools. All I can say is I attended a virtual Q&A for Columbia's program with current students. They said the program is hard but not as "cut-throat/competitive" as many people have posted on SDN. Three of the five current students from that Q&A were also talking about going into another master's program after their postbac (rather than medical school.) They talked about getting a master's in nutrition as being a good option because you're already so close to it with your postbac classes -- which was kind of a turn-off for me, personally.
Also, living expenses in St. Louis are the cheapest out of those three options.

I am actually working on the applications now... is it too late? Do I even have a chance?

Attended BM. If anyone is curious about it lmk...I see a fellow alum also above hahaa, I wonder if we were in class together
Hey! Just wondering if you could give some insight on what the BM program is ACTUALLY like once you’re in it. I understand it’s a truly intensive program but was it manageable? Looking for any possible advice...

Sorry if this is a bad question, but how do y'all think postbacc programs look at you on the basis of age? I am about to turn 27 and am thinking I will apply to a program in the coming fall, but I don't know if they will see me as someone not worth investing in if I would be starting medical school ~30 years old.

Sorry if this is a bad question, but how do y'all think postbacc programs look at you on the basis of age? I am about to turn 27 and am thinking I will apply to a program in the coming fall, but I don't know if they will see me as someone not worth investing in if I would be starting medical school ~30 years old.
I'm 30 and am going to Goucher. I think it's great and they will not ding you for it, it's not a bad thing to have a little life experience before becoming a doctor.

I am pretty sure they have spots all the way through the process!
Thank you! I’m really happy I found this thread! I have been thinking about changing my career for a while and this year I am finally take the steps to start. I am 28 so I think we are all on the same boat. Better late then never. I hope everyone the best of luck!! I don’t have much experience in the medical felid and I took two science classes this semester at my local state college to see if I still can study and hang with the undergrads. I was wondering if you think the post bac programs will look down on the fact that I took two science classes ?

I am in my late 30s and got in. You'll be just fine.

If anyone has some insight on what a "typical day in the life" of a career-changer formal post bac student looks like I'd be very grateful to hear! Of course I understand that there is probably no typical day in the life but with the lack of information out there anything would be helpful!

I'll be 27 when I start in the spring, and, to echo others, I think that having a few years of meaningful work/life experience is an asset, if anything. These are career-changer post-bac prorams, and though they do take some students just finishing their undergraduate degrees, I think that these are in the minority.

As for taking two science classes at your local state school, these will probably strengthen your application if you did well, since they provide recent data points for academic success in related subjects. However, I'd check to make sure that you haven't taken too many premedical prerequisites to qualify for certain post-bac programs.

Hi all! Long-time lurker, happy to finally have something to add to the conversation after accepting my offer of admission from Goucher today! Thank you so much to everyone who has posted here throughout the process, it was incredibly helpful as I navigated through post-bacc admissions myself. I hope that by sharing my own experience and timeline that I can give some insight to others who are still going through admissions, or those who will be applying in the future. Happy to answer any questions or connect with the other future Goucher post-baccs in this thread :)

First off, some background: I am freshly 30 years old and have been considering medicine for the last 3 or so years since graduating with my master's degree in a medicine-adjacent field (think nursing or one of the therapies) from a well-regarded state school. My undergrad degree was in a liberal arts field, and I have a high (3.9+) GPA for both of my degrees and relatively good SAT/ACT scores (~90+ %tile) (I was glad they didn't ask for my GRE because I did not do as well on that one haha). I also worked in a research lab for a year in grad school. I've been practicing in my field for 2 1/2 years in the SNF, ICU, and private practice settings. I'd emphasize what others have said- stats may help to get you in the door, but for the big name career changer programs I sensed that they are looking for much more, like diverse experiences, a cohesive narrative, and unique skill sets.

I applied towards the middle of the cycle, which runs from mid-August to mid-February for most schools. I was stressed about this at the time (partially because I was reading this thread haha) but in retrospect I feel like this was a fine time to apply and I don't think that it's too late at all for folks to still be throwing their hats in the ring. I applied to 4 schools- Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Scripps, and UVA. I was lucky to be offered an interview by each, time from submission to invite was as follows:
UVA: Submitted 11/3, invited 11/6 (3 days)
Goucher: Submitted 11/3, invited 11/6 (3 days)
Bryn Mawr: Submitted 11/4, invited 11/18 (2 weeks)
Scripps: Submitted 11/15, invited 11/30 (2 weeks)

I interviewed with Goucher on 11/20 and received an acceptance on 11/24 (which seemed mercifully quick, though I suspect it may be partially attributed to a desire to get the news out before they went on break for Thanksgiving). My interview totally gave me the Goucher-fever you see people talking about in these forums- the current post-baccs were warm, thoughtful, helpful, and had rave reviews for the program and its staff. I connected really naturally with the program director and especially the assistant director during my interview. As others have said, the interview was very conversational and passed in a pleasantly quick manner. It felt like they were trying to get to know me and get a feel for me, and there was a genuine curiosity behind many of the topics we covered.

I was pretty sure I wanted to go with Goucher after this experience (the fact that they are eligible for Graduate PLUS loans is admittedly also a huge bonus), but I'd already taken off of work for my BM interview and I wanted to be sure that I had considered other options before committing. BM has an amazing reputation and killer linkages, so I wasn't going to pass that up without some consideration. I was very impressed with how polished their process was. They had a website specifically for interviewees with a recorded address from the program director and a wonderful video about the learning experience with a former student and one of the teachers. My interview itself definitely felt much more formal, though I think that there are multiple staff members conducting interviews and it is likely luck-of-the-draw who you wind up with. This is another difference between Goucher and BM, but it makes sense since Goucher's class is only 32 and BM's is closer to 75, so it's probably too much for the same people to do every single interview. Regardless, even though I think this interview went well, I finished it feeling extremely drained rather than excited as I had with my first one. Definitely got grilled a bit and felt like we got bogged down in some arbitrary details of my application. Despite not clicking with my interviewer, I will say that I got very good vibes about the program from the current students and it was with some sadness that I withdrew my application from consideration. I also withdrew from consideration at UVA and Scripps.

I apologize for the wall of text I've written already, so I'll wrap up with the biggest tips I think I'd have benefitted from at the start of this process:
1. Double check your dates in PostBacCAS and on your resume! I had two mistakes in my application, both of which were incorrect years written on my experiences, and both of which were caught by my interviewers.
2. Practice answering basic questions and telling your story BEFORE you interview. For some reason, I almost skipped this step and thankfully did some simple rehearsal with my brother the night before my interview which made me realize how woefully unprepared I was to present my story in a cohesive way. I ended up typing out my answers stream of consciousness and practicing them out loud to myself for a couple of hours. You're not guaranteed to use all (or even any) of it depending on the style of interview you have, but it will give you a ton more confidence and get you used to talking about yourself. I composed and practiced 1-2 minute answers to questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "why medicine" as well as a blurb about my research experience.
3. Trust yourself! I had a serious imposter moment during one of my meet and greets when I encountered the other applicants who were in the same cycle as me. Many of them were Ivy League and had incredible service and travel experiences and/or impressive careers. I started mentally undercutting myself and doubting whether my achievements and experiences had similar worth. Give yourself credit for the things you've done and learn to talk about them in a way that shows ownership. This journey is hard enough without holding yourself back!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
If anyone has some insight on what a "typical day in the life" of a career-changer formal post bac student looks like I'd be very grateful to hear! Of course I understand that there is probably no typical day in the life but with the lack of information out there anything would be helpful!
If you have Instagram, check out some of the accounts for the post-bacc programs! I know UVA (@uva_pbpm) had a really cool 'student takeover' week where one of their post-baccs did a 'week in the life' type thing and answered questions. I believe it's now saved in their highlights. Goucher is @goucher.pbpm and Bryn Mawr is @bryn_mawr_postbac

I'll be submitting my applications (Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Scripps, UVA, UC Boulder) in a few weeks. Feeling a bit nervous looking at how early everyone here applied and interviewed! How concerned should I be about applying later on in the cycle? Also, I've been wondering if I need to branch out more with safety schools, but I'm not sure where to consider... Any thought?

I'll be submitting my applications (Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Scripps, UVA, UC Boulder) in a few weeks. Feeling a bit nervous looking at how early everyone here applied and interviewed! How concerned should I be about applying later on in the cycle? Also, I've been wondering if I need to branch out more with safety schools, but I'm not sure where to consider... Any thought?
I wouldn't worry at all either, most programs don't usually fill classes until February or March I believe. I saw your stats in your other thread and I think your school list is very safe. I have similar stats in terms of GPA, level of education, and test scores and in retrospect I am a bit regretful that I spent so much on applications, though of course like you I was trying to hedge my bets to avoid the risk of having to reapply next year. I was planning UVA and George Washington as my safe schools and then Loras as my safe safe school haha. But with your background I imagine you have good odds for the big programs as long as you interview well, and even if you don't I'm sure you'd still be fine for your safe schools. Good luck!

You're fine! They accept people throughout the year from what I understand. Good luck!

Hi all! I just interviewed with Goucher. I was wondering if you guys sent thank you letters after interviews, and how did you go about doing that? (especially since emails specific to the director and/or assistant director are not available) Thanks!

Hi all! I just interviewed with Goucher. I was wondering if you guys sent thank you letters after interviews, and how did you go about doing that? (especially since emails specific to the director and/or assistant director are not available) Thanks!
I did not do this, though I understand some folks do for med school interviews. It's a nice thought but I was afraid it risked being interpreted as sucking up/gunning vs. normal consideration, so I went with my gut. Either way, good luck with admissions!!

Great question! I am a firm believer in personalized and genuine thank you notes. They need not be long, but I think they are lovely to send and to receive.

You can email Betsy at [email protected], and Aimee can forward it to Betsy if you ask her to. You can email Marisa at [email protected]. I also sent a little message to the fellow and the students at the meet and greet as well as the physics professor and the students who stayed after class (although I sat in on the class after my acceptance).

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses! I decided to go with sending thank you emails, nothing too long but just telling them what I genuinely enjoyed and appreciated.

Any updates from my post bacc friends still in the admissions/interview process?
Hey! I'm waiting on a final recommendation to apply to most of the schools. I did, however, submit my application to the schools that only required one rec so I'm awaiting verification from PostbacCAS hopefully that happens soon.

Have you applied and if so, have you been interviewed?

Hey! I'm waiting on a final recommendation to apply to most of the schools. I did, however, submit my application to the schools that only required one rec so I'm awaiting verification from PostbacCAS hopefully that happens soon.

Have you applied and if so, have you been interviewed?

Thats great @microwavecoffee! I hope you'll get that verification soon. I'm in the same boat -- I submitted apps to BM, Goucher, UVA, Georgetown, GWU, Temple BCHS -- just waiting for verification from PostbacCAS. I think I submitted later than most people on this thread ... was hesitant in the fall about making the huge financial commitment. I was actually in the process of planning out a DIY post bacc in the fall, but after reading more about formal post baccs and people's experiences, I was inspired to finally take the leap!

Hi all! Congrats on all your acceptances in this thread and good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I have a question regarding being waitlisted, I was waitlisted to two post-bac programs that are definitely my top two choices. And since my waitlist decision email (received about a month ago), I've updated my Post-Bac CAS app with more volunteer/activities. Do you think it's a good idea to email the programs with my updates and express my interest in the program? Or leave it be (has it been too long since I received the email to respond?) and hope they see my updates when they review my application later in the cycle? Thanks so much in advance!

Hi all! Congrats on all your acceptances in this thread and good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I have a question regarding being waitlisted, I was waitlisted to two post-bac programs that are definitely my top two choices. And since my waitlist decision email (received about a month ago), I've updated my Post-Bac CAS app with more volunteer/activities. Do you think it's a good idea to email the programs with my updates and express my interest in the program? Or leave it be (has it been too long since I received the email to respond?) and hope they see my updates when they review my application later in the cycle? Thanks so much in advance!
I've been in this position, and I feel for you. I can only speak from my own experience being waitlisted at Bryn Mawr last year, but I'd say that it can't hurt to ask, respectfully, what the schools' update policies are while thanking them again for their consideration of your candidacy. When I was notified last spring that I wouldn't be offered a spot off the waitlist, I wrote the program to see if I could have a conversation about how to improve, and they were kind enough to set up a call with the director, which was very helpful as I planned my next steps. Best of luck navigating this uncertain phase of the cycle--you made it this far, and that's reflective of a lot of hard work, consideration, and commitment, which are all things you can be proud of and continue to nurture.

I've been in this position, and I feel for you. I can only speak from my own experience being waitlisted at Bryn Mawr last year, but I'd say that it can't hurt to ask, respectfully, what the schools' update policies are while thanking them again for their consideration of your candidacy. When I was notified last spring that I wouldn't be offered a spot off the waitlist, I wrote the program to see if I could have a conversation about how to improve, and they were kind enough to set up a call with the director, which was very helpful as I planned my next steps. Best of luck navigating this uncertain phase of the cycle--you made it this far, and that's reflective of a lot of hard work, consideration, and commitment, which are all things you can be proud of and continue to nurture.
Thank you so much!! This is such a helpful and insightful response. And that's so great to hear how kind Bryn Mawr was throughout the whole process. Thank you for the kind words and best of luck to you too throughout this whole journey!

• Care