You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Postdoc Interview Invitation Thread 2022-2023/2024
Started by tryingtostaypositivepsych
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Official Site Name: CHA Cambridge Health Alliance
Date Invitation Received: 1/24/2022
Method of Invitationt: Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: Child & Adolescent Acute Services
Interview Dates Offered: TBD
Date Invitation Received: 1/24/2022
Method of Invitationt: Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: Child & Adolescent Acute Services
Interview Dates Offered: TBD
psychology1212
Full Member
I see some Cambridge Health Alliance interview offers were sent and congratulations to those who received an offer! Does anyone know if they sent interview offers for the Program for Psychotherapy/Assessment track?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NeuroPsychPsyDee
Full Member
Finally matched! So happy this process is over. Good luck to everyone on 2/16 & 2/22 ♥️
Last edited:
NeuroGal1994
Full Member
Official Site Name: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 1/25/2022
Method of Invitation: Individual Email
Specialty Track or Site: Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28,1/31,2/2,2/3
Date Invitation Received: 1/25/2022
Method of Invitation: Individual Email
Specialty Track or Site: Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28,1/31,2/2,2/3
NeuroGal1994
Full Member
Has anyone else had the experience of being told you are no longer under consideration after you interviewed with a site?
That may happen if one of their higher ranked applicants gets an early offer from a different site and asks for/accepts a reciprocal offer which the your site offers in return?Has anyone else had the experience of being told you are no longer under consideration after you interviewed with a site?
Official Site Name: University of Virginia + Western State Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 1/25/2022
Method of Invitationt: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site: Adult Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: 1/26, 1/28, 1/31, 2/1
Date Invitation Received: 1/25/2022
Method of Invitationt: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site: Adult Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: 1/26, 1/28, 1/31, 2/1
Has anyone else had the experience of being told you are no longer under consideration after you interviewed with a site?
It's not common, but I am aware of a few sites who essentially cut their pool in half after interviews. Personally, I believe it's probably a good thing overall to know vs. not know so you can make informed decisions about any early offers, or what you may or may not be holding out for.
Yeah I got an email, but it wasn't for a site that's going through the matchHas anyone else had the experience of being told you are no longer under consideration after you interviewed with a site?
what are some your thoughts on completing a post doc at a private practice?
Highly variable. Many times they do not have a quality didactic system set up, nor do they set aside time for you to participate in didactics. Rather, you do it on your own time. Not all of them. By and large, I have heard more negative than positive from people who have gone this route. If you are planning for any type of board certification in the future, you will have to keep meticulous records and possibly gain some extra trainings to make up for some things.
Did anyone interviewing at Denver FIRST submit a report? The brochure said we’d need to but I did not see a request for one in my interview invite email, and I’m wondering if I should send one.
I have not, but I was thinking about asking them about this today because I noticed that in the brochure as well but they said in the interview email that no formal preparation of materials is needed.Did anyone interviewing at Denver FIRST submit a report? The brochure said we’d need to but I did not see a request for one in my interview invite email, and I’m wondering if I should send one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it depends on the practice. I'm actually going to a private practice for postdoc but I know the supervisor well and know it'll be a great training experience. I also enjoy that setting more and LOVE the flexibility you can have. Plus the money a lot of times may be better than a formal postdoc and I'm just tired of being broke. Plus, I like the ability to attend whatever trainings I want that are relevant to me and a lot of practices will give you stipends for those. But in the end, depends on what you want for your future. If you want to do private practice in the future, then maybe the postdoc makes sense. If you want more rigorous training, then maybe it doesn't.what are some your thoughts on completing a post doc at a private practice?
They responded to my email and said that we don't need to send one!Did anyone interviewing at Denver FIRST submit a report? The brochure said we’d need to but I did not see a request for one in my interview invite email, and I’m wondering if I should send one.
Thank you so much for the update!They responded to my email and said that we don't need to send one!
Highly variable. Many times they do not have a quality didactic system set up, nor do they set aside time for you to participate in didactics. Rather, you do it on your own time. Not all of them. By and large, I have heard more negative than positive from people who have gone this route. If you are planning for any type of board certification in the future, you will have to keep meticulous records and possibly gain some extra trainings to make up for some things.
Highly variable. Many times they do not have a quality didactic system set up, nor do they set aside time for you to participate in didactics. Rather, you do it on your own time. Not all of them. By and large, I have heard more negative than positive from people who have gone this route. If you are planning for any type of board certification in the future, you will have to keep meticulous records and possibly gain some extra trainings to make up for some things.
These are my thoughts too! I don’t see myself at private practice in tb long run, not the type of setting I enjoy. Thank you guys!I think it depends on the practice. I'm actually going to a private practice for postdoc but I know the supervisor well and know it'll be a great training experience. I also enjoy that setting more and LOVE the flexibility you can have. Plus the money a lot of times may be better than a formal postdoc and I'm just tired of being broke. Plus, I like the ability to attend whatever trainings I want that are relevant to me and a lot of practices will give you stipends for those. But in the end, depends on what you want for your future. If you want to do private practice in the future, then maybe the postdoc makes sense. If you want more rigorous training, then maybe it doesn't.
Official Site Name: CU Anschutz DFM Primary Care Psychology Postdoc
Date Invitation Received: 1/26/2022
Method of Invitation: mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: NA
Interview Dates Offered: 2/11
Date Invitation Received: 1/26/2022
Method of Invitation: mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: NA
Interview Dates Offered: 2/11
sunflower555
Full Member
Finally heard back from Children's National - Early Childhood Behavioral Health Psychology - although I believe I am on a waitlist based on the email I received!
peaceandparsimony
Full Member
I still haven't heard from Stanford-Clinical Child track...sent an email. But I'm in post-interview mode for a different site. Anyone know if they are done notifying for interviews?
What do you mean by “post interview mode”? I’m just curious hahahaI still haven't heard from Stanford-Clinical Child track...sent an email. But I'm in post-interview mode for a different site. Anyone know if they are done notifying for interviews?
DietCokeSoda
Full Member
For neuro match sites, is there an etiquette on how to respond (or is it okay to just not respond) to emails that basically say “we can’t tell you how we will rank you but you’re still under consideration and a top applicant?”
“Thank you for letting me know?” 🤷🏻♀️For neuro match sites, is there an etiquette on how to respond (or is it okay to just not respond) to emails that basically say “we can’t tell you how we will rank you but you’re still under consideration and a top applicant?”
What are thoughts on getting an offer and only having 48 hours to respond? I need to answer by the end of the weekend but have an interview for another site that isn't willing to shift their schedule and won't interview until Wednesday.
dranxiety3
Full Member
I also ran into this. I am calling them to let them know that I will need additional time because I do not want to be disrespectful and not complete the interviews at the other sites that I have been in contact with.What are thoughts on getting an offer and only having 48 hours to respond? I need to answer by the end of the weekend but have an interview for another site that isn't willing to shift their schedule and won't interview until Wednesday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked for more time and they unfortunately wouldn't budge much...would it be totally horrible to accept it and then if I get an offer from the other place to then take that one? This process sucks 🙁I also ran into this. I am calling them to let them know that I will need additional time because I do not want to be disrespectful and not complete the interviews at the other sites that I have been in contact with.
I asked for more time and they unfortunately wouldn't budge much...would it be totally horrible to accept it and then if I get an offer from the other place to then take that one? This process sucks 🙁
I would not do this. While I am not a fan of the 2 day timeline, I can understand it as they have to work through their list, and by giving people a long time, they potentially miss out on huge chunks of their potential list. If you have a preferred site, contact them about a possible reciprocal offer, even if they haven't done interviews. In the end, you may have to decide to accept or just say that you cannot make a decision at this time. Accepting and reneging is terribly unprofessional and will definitely burn some bridges.
The same thing happened to me. I still had 4-5 interviews left when I got an offer and they would not budge on time when I asked if i could wait to respond until after all my interviews. I ended up turning it down and deciding to go through the match instead. I would not suggest you take the offer unless you plan to commit. Usually places will quickly send you out paperwork to get your acceptance in writing, so if you were to accept and then turn around and accept another offer, that would cause major issues. You're right that this process does suck for sure 🙁I asked for more time and they unfortunately wouldn't budge much...would it be totally horrible to accept it and then if I get an offer from the other place to then take that one? This process sucks 🙁
That's so hard! Good for you for sticking with your gut. Hoping the end of this process brings us all a little bit of peace.The same thing happened to me. I still had 4-5 interviews left when I got an offer and they would not budge on time when I asked if i could wait to respond until after all my interviews. I ended up turning it down and deciding to go through the match instead. I would not suggest you take the offer unless you plan to commit. Usually places will quickly send you out paperwork to get your acceptance in writing, so if you were to accept and then turn around and accept another offer, that would cause major issues. You're right that this process does suck for sure 🙁
soexpsyded
New Member
has anyone heard from IU School of Medicine health psychology fellowship yet? considering reaching out but not sure if it's appropriate to reach out yet?
GeriNeuro20
New Member
Official Site Name: UAB Medical/Surgical Psychology Fellowship (Birmingham, AL)
Date Invitation Received: 1/27/2022
Method of Invitation: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site: Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: Asked for my earliest availability
How I’m staying “sane”: Taking some of my own therapeutic advice (which is often easy to forget) and relying more on social supports.😊
Date Invitation Received: 1/27/2022
Method of Invitation: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site: Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: Asked for my earliest availability
How I’m staying “sane”: Taking some of my own therapeutic advice (which is often easy to forget) and relying more on social supports.😊
Neuropsych90
New Member
I don't know if this is accurate, but someone told me ~7 or so.How many interviews are enough to get matched for postdoc?
appalachologist
New Member
I reached out a few weeks ago and I still haven’t heard back.has anyone heard from IU School of Medicine health psychology fellowship yet? considering reaching out but not sure if it's appropriate to reach out yet?
soexpsyded
New Member
thanks for letting me know. I received confirmation they received my materials and a note that I would be "hearing from the training director soon" mid-Dec, so I'm wondering if they just went with an internal applicant.I reached out a few weeks ago and I still haven’t heard back.
Has anyone heard from the Child Study Treatment Center?
An APPCN match site reached out to me to let me know that I am “competitive with their top applicants.” Could anyone help me decode what this means? I’m assuming that’s not number one, but fairly high?
GeriNeuro20
New Member
Hey! A few colleagues of mine have yet to hear back from UT Health as well, myself included. 🤷🏻♀️Hi everyone, I have one site left that I haven't heard from (UT Health at Houston). I was wondering if anyone had heard from them for their neuro track?
Thanks!
An APPCN match site reached out to me to let me know that I am “competitive with their top applicants.” Could anyone help me decode what this means? I’m assuming that’s not number one, but fairly high?
The only thing I would safely assume is that you are in the top group. I wouldn't assume where in that top group.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This kind of email, to me, is a "read between the lines" type of message. I received a similar message during internship applications. I ranked that program #1 and matched there. Take it for what it's worth but it sounds like a good thing to meAn APPCN match site reached out to me to let me know that I am “competitive with their top applicants.” Could anyone help me decode what this means? I’m assuming that’s not number one, but fairly high?
Finally heard back from them tonight! Hope you all did too!Hey! A few colleagues of mine have yet to hear back from UT Health as well, myself included. 🤷🏻♀️
This kind of email, to me, is a "read between the lines" type of message. I received a similar message during internship applications. I ranked that program #1 and matched there. Take it for what it's worth but it sounds like a good thing to me
Yikes, if the message for internship was close to the one above, that site should take a little care as that could be seen as a violation of match policy.
It sounds like you have the same chances as everyone else, it will all depend on their ranking.An APPCN match site reached out to me to let me know that I am “competitive with their top applicants.” Could anyone help me decode what this means? I’m assuming that’s not number one, but fairly high?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 366
- Views
- 83K