Postdoc Interview Invitation Thread 2022-2023/2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So stoked for this!

Official Site Name: 4th Judicial District Psychological Services
Date Invitation Received: 1/24/2022
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Forensic
Interview Dates Offered: several slots between 2/10, 2/11, 2/15

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
No worries if people are not comfortable with this, but what are everyone's thoughts on posting about accepted offers?
Go ahead! I think if some places have already made offers and we haven’t heard from them if it’s a site of interest, at least we can stop waiting to hear from them.

Reactions: 1 users
Official Site Name: Children's Medical Center Dallas
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 01/31

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: CHA Cambridge Health Alliance!
Method of Invitationt: Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: Adolescent Risk Assessment
Interview Dates Offered: TBD

While we are all asking and waiting :) Has anyone heard from

UT Southwestern Lifespan neuro
Wellstar Healthsystem
Children's Medical Center Dallas Neuro
Nicklaus Children's Hospital Nuero
Center for Peds Neuropsychology
I have heard back from 3. Still waiting on Nicklaus Children's Hospital and Center for Pediatric Neuropsychology. Has anyone heard anything from these two sites?

Official Site Name: CHA Cambridge Health Alliance
Method of Invitationt: Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: Child & Adolescent Acute Services
Interview Dates Offered: TBD

I see some Cambridge Health Alliance interview offers were sent and congratulations to those who received an offer! Does anyone know if they sent interview offers for the Program for Psychotherapy/Assessment track?

Finally matched! So happy this process is over. Good luck to everyone on 2/16 & 2/22 ♥️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Has anyone received a rejection from University of Colorado adult neuro track? I know some invites went out but they seemed to be going out on a rolling basis.

Official Site Name: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 1/25/2022
Method of Invitation: Individual Email
Specialty Track or Site: Pediatric Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28,1/31,2/2,2/3

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else had the experience of being told you are no longer under consideration after you interviewed with a site?

• Hmm
Has anyone else had the experience of being told you are no longer under consideration after you interviewed with a site?
That may happen if one of their higher ranked applicants gets an early offer from a different site and asks for/accepts a reciprocal offer which the your site offers in return?

Official Site Name: University of Virginia + Western State Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 1/25/2022
Method of Invitationt: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site: Adult Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: 1/26, 1/28, 1/31, 2/1

Reactions: 2 users

It's not common, but I am aware of a few sites who essentially cut their pool in half after interviews. Personally, I believe it's probably a good thing overall to know vs. not know so you can make informed decisions about any early offers, or what you may or may not be holding out for.

what are some your thoughts on completing a post doc at a private practice?

Highly variable. Many times they do not have a quality didactic system set up, nor do they set aside time for you to participate in didactics. Rather, you do it on your own time. Not all of them. By and large, I have heard more negative than positive from people who have gone this route. If you are planning for any type of board certification in the future, you will have to keep meticulous records and possibly gain some extra trainings to make up for some things.

• Love
Did anyone interviewing at Denver FIRST submit a report? The brochure said we’d need to but I did not see a request for one in my interview invite email, and I’m wondering if I should send one.

Did anyone interviewing at Denver FIRST submit a report? The brochure said we’d need to but I did not see a request for one in my interview invite email, and I’m wondering if I should send one.
I have not, but I was thinking about asking them about this today because I noticed that in the brochure as well but they said in the interview email that no formal preparation of materials is needed.

I think it depends on the practice. I'm actually going to a private practice for postdoc but I know the supervisor well and know it'll be a great training experience. I also enjoy that setting more and LOVE the flexibility you can have. Plus the money a lot of times may be better than a formal postdoc and I'm just tired of being broke. Plus, I like the ability to attend whatever trainings I want that are relevant to me and a lot of practices will give you stipends for those. But in the end, depends on what you want for your future. If you want to do private practice in the future, then maybe the postdoc makes sense. If you want more rigorous training, then maybe it doesn't.

They responded to my email and said that we don't need to send one!

Highly variable. Many times they do not have a quality didactic system set up, nor do they set aside time for you to participate in didactics. Rather, you do it on your own time. Not all of them. By and large, I have heard more negative than positive from people who have gone this route. If you are planning for any type of board certification in the future, you will have to keep meticulous records and possibly gain some extra trainings to make up for some things.

I think it depends on the practice. I'm actually going to a private practice for postdoc but I know the supervisor well and know it'll be a great training experience. I also enjoy that setting more and LOVE the flexibility you can have. Plus the money a lot of times may be better than a formal postdoc and I'm just tired of being broke. Plus, I like the ability to attend whatever trainings I want that are relevant to me and a lot of practices will give you stipends for those. But in the end, depends on what you want for your future. If you want to do private practice in the future, then maybe the postdoc makes sense. If you want more rigorous training, then maybe it doesn't.
These are my thoughts too! I don’t see myself at private practice in tb long run, not the type of setting I enjoy. Thank you guys!

Official Site Name: Hines VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/26/2022
Method of Invitation: mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: Neuropsychology
Interview Dates Offered: several

Official Site Name: CU Anschutz DFM Primary Care Psychology Postdoc
Date Invitation Received: 1/26/2022
Method of Invitation: mass Email
Specialty Track or Site: NA
Interview Dates Offered: 2/11

Has anyone heard from the Steven A Cohen Family Center in NYC?

Finally heard back from Children's National - Early Childhood Behavioral Health Psychology - although I believe I am on a waitlist based on the email I received!

I still haven't heard from Stanford-Clinical Child track...sent an email. But I'm in post-interview mode for a different site. Anyone know if they are done notifying for interviews?

I still haven't heard from Stanford-Clinical Child track...sent an email. But I'm in post-interview mode for a different site. Anyone know if they are done notifying for interviews?
What do you mean by “post interview mode”? I’m just curious hahaha

How do you guys go about asking for a reciprocal offer?

For neuro match sites, is there an etiquette on how to respond (or is it okay to just not respond) to emails that basically say “we can’t tell you how we will rank you but you’re still under consideration and a top applicant?”

For neuro match sites, is there an etiquette on how to respond (or is it okay to just not respond) to emails that basically say “we can’t tell you how we will rank you but you’re still under consideration and a top applicant?”
“Thank you for letting me know?” 🤷🏻‍♀️

What are thoughts on getting an offer and only having 48 hours to respond? I need to answer by the end of the weekend but have an interview for another site that isn't willing to shift their schedule and won't interview until Wednesday.

What are thoughts on getting an offer and only having 48 hours to respond? I need to answer by the end of the weekend but have an interview for another site that isn't willing to shift their schedule and won't interview until Wednesday.
I also ran into this. I am calling them to let them know that I will need additional time because I do not want to be disrespectful and not complete the interviews at the other sites that I have been in contact with.

I also ran into this. I am calling them to let them know that I will need additional time because I do not want to be disrespectful and not complete the interviews at the other sites that I have been in contact with.
I asked for more time and they unfortunately wouldn't budge much...would it be totally horrible to accept it and then if I get an offer from the other place to then take that one? This process sucks :(

I asked for more time and they unfortunately wouldn't budge much...would it be totally horrible to accept it and then if I get an offer from the other place to then take that one? This process sucks :(

I would not do this. While I am not a fan of the 2 day timeline, I can understand it as they have to work through their list, and by giving people a long time, they potentially miss out on huge chunks of their potential list. If you have a preferred site, contact them about a possible reciprocal offer, even if they haven't done interviews. In the end, you may have to decide to accept or just say that you cannot make a decision at this time. Accepting and reneging is terribly unprofessional and will definitely burn some bridges.

The same thing happened to me. I still had 4-5 interviews left when I got an offer and they would not budge on time when I asked if i could wait to respond until after all my interviews. I ended up turning it down and deciding to go through the match instead. I would not suggest you take the offer unless you plan to commit. Usually places will quickly send you out paperwork to get your acceptance in writing, so if you were to accept and then turn around and accept another offer, that would cause major issues. You're right that this process does suck for sure :(

The same thing happened to me. I still had 4-5 interviews left when I got an offer and they would not budge on time when I asked if i could wait to respond until after all my interviews. I ended up turning it down and deciding to go through the match instead. I would not suggest you take the offer unless you plan to commit. Usually places will quickly send you out paperwork to get your acceptance in writing, so if you were to accept and then turn around and accept another offer, that would cause major issues. You're right that this process does suck for sure :(
That's so hard! Good for you for sticking with your gut. Hoping the end of this process brings us all a little bit of peace.

has anyone heard from IU School of Medicine health psychology fellowship yet? considering reaching out but not sure if it's appropriate to reach out yet?

How many interviews are enough to get matched for postdoc?

Official Site Name: UAB Medical/Surgical Psychology Fellowship (Birmingham, AL)
Date Invitation Received: 1/27/2022
Method of Invitation: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site: Neuropsych
Interview Dates Offered: Asked for my earliest availability
How I’m staying “sane”: Taking some of my own therapeutic advice (which is often easy to forget) and relying more on social supports.😊

I reached out a few weeks ago and I still haven’t heard back.
thanks for letting me know. I received confirmation they received my materials and a note that I would be "hearing from the training director soon" mid-Dec, so I'm wondering if they just went with an internal applicant.

Hi everyone, I have one site left that I haven't heard from (UT Health at Houston). I was wondering if anyone had heard from them for their neuro track?
Thanks!

An APPCN match site reached out to me to let me know that I am “competitive with their top applicants.” Could anyone help me decode what this means? I’m assuming that’s not number one, but fairly high?