**Pre-Pharmacy's Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does PharmCas take to mail your application once you e-submit??

After u e-submit, the schools that u apply to will have an electronic access to ur application. Which means they can view ur file on PharmCAS at anytime after u e-submit if they want to. But mine mailed out within the next 2 days...

Members don't see this ad.

there you go, airman!! ;)

I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT BELMONT! Apparently they sent me an invite via email over a week ago. I called to inquire and turns out I never got the email! They resent it, and I still haven't received it.. not even in my spam.. so there must be an error with my email address. Whatever the issue, I'm so relieved and SO glad I inquired! :)

I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT BELMONT! Apparently they sent me an invite via email over a week ago. I called to inquire and turns out I never got the email! They resent it, and I still haven't received it.. not even in my spam.. so there must be an error with my email address. Whatever the issue, I'm so relieved and SO glad I inquired! :)

wow that's a good news!
now time to cite Airman's creed! :p

anyways, see you then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview at South University - Savannah campus on 10/4
Waiting to hear back from Lecom - Erie and UF

Received my first interview today from Nova!! Very excited :)

Thanks fellas. Good luck on your interviews!

I received my first invitation for interview! U of TN, Knoxville! They want me to come Sept 26th already, but I'm not sure if I can find an affordable way to get there with that short of notice. I'm going to try though! Otherwise they said it would be fine to have a later date. :)

I received my first invitation for interview! U of TN, Knoxville! They want me to come Sept 26th already, but I'm not sure if I can find an affordable way to get there with that short of notice. I'm going to try though! Otherwise they said it would be fine to have a later date. :)

congrats :thumbup: The early interview is the better I think

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats :thumbup: The early interview is the better I think

Yeah, Im going to really try to make it - a plane ticket for that soon is like $400. :(
The next interview date isn't until November, but I have a great relationship with the advisor and she said I could even come for my own individual interview sometime in October whenever my schedule works! I feel so cool right now. :p

Yeah, Im going to really try to make it - a plane ticket for that soon is like $400. :(
The next interview date isn't until November, but I have a great relationship with the advisor and she said I could even come for my own individual interview sometime in October whenever my schedule works! I feel so cool right now. :p

+ Hotels+foods+etc lol!! By the end of the application cycle, most of us are going to left with only a pair of shoes and clothes on. :laugh: so expensive.

On the other note, that's so nice that u have an option! Best of luck to u :luck:

Does anybody remember that thread from last year regarding interview questions? Im trying to look for it. It was like 2 pages of the most common questions they will ask you. I need to practice this before going into the real thing.

Does anybody remember that thread from last year regarding interview questions? Im trying to look for it. It was like 2 pages of the most common questions they will ask you. I need to practice this before going into the real thing.

Lucky for you I have been toiling away trying to answer these! I bookmarked the thread a long, long time ago. ENJOY.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=719760

oh keep it a secret. :cool:

+ Hotels+foods+etc lol!! By the end of the application cycle, most of us are going to left with only a pair of shoes and clothes on. :laugh: so expensive.

On the other note, that's so nice that u have an option! Best of luck to u :luck:

I am coming to find that traveling for interviews is a lot more expensive than I had anticipated. Maybe I can save some money by skimping on the food....

School Applied to:
LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy - Interview this October
Midwestern University- Mailed
New Mexico, University - Mailed
Roseman University - Mailed
University of North Texas - Mailed
Nova Southeastern University - Not yet Mailed

Experiences/other: Over 200 hours of volunteering at a hospital
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.3 overall 3.56
I am so excited to get an interview from LECOM

School Applied to:
LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy - Interview this October
Midwestern University- Mailed
New Mexico, University - Mailed
Roseman University - Mailed
University of North Texas - Mailed
Nova Southeastern University - Not yet Mailed

Experiences/other: Over 200 hours of volunteering at a hospital
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.3 overall 3.56
I am so excited to get an interview from LECOM

Congratsss, lets us know how it goes! :luck:

yup I got an interview invite from Midwestern in Chicago on Wednesday for next month. I am still waiting on Midwestern here in Glendale Az but that is fine because I am local for that one. I already got denied for East Tn State without an interview:)

Just curious, but how will you know exactly if a school has rejected/denied your application?

I got an email from them stating that my application was no longer in consideration. It was a pretty big blow for me seeing as that was the first one I heard from but now that I have an interview I am feeling more confident.

I got an email from them stating that my application was no longer in consideration. It was a pretty big blow for me seeing as that was the first one I heard from but now that I have an interview I am feeling more confident.

So early in the application process? What school is this? Congratulations on the interview though!

Last edited:

Is this typical of most pharmacy schools too? If I am no longer in consideration, it would be nice to know immediately rather than wait months. Don't fret over the rejection because obviously you are qualified to get an interview elsewhere and congratulations on that!

yup I got an interview invite from Midwestern in Chicago on Wednesday for next month. I am still waiting on Midwestern here in Glendale Az but that is fine because I am local for that one. I already got denied for East Tn State without an interview:)

I hope to get one from Glendale too, cuz my house is not far. If you don't mind me asking, what school are you going to right now?

congrats!! u can do it! :luck:

I'm still waiting from couple of my top schools... I don't know if there's an additional step that I can though X)

I hope to get one from Glendale too, cuz my house is not far. If you don't mind me asking, what school are you going to right now?

I currently am enrolled at both ASU (ugghh) and Paradise Valley CC. I didnt learn much at ASU except for Biochem. I took the fall semester off to do all the pharmacy school stuff and then I am heading back to PVCC for a microbio class in the spring

So early in the application process? What school is this? Congratulations on the interview though!

Yeah I was a lot bummed because I really wanted to go there too because it was at the VA medical center and they have a lot of great residency programs for after pharmacy school. That was East Tennessee state. I know that they said on their website that they give consideration to in state students so that could have been 1 reason I didnt get in because I am out of state. I think that is total crap but that is ok because I got an interview at Midwestern in Chicago and I am turning that into a vacation to visit my family in Wisconsin. It is a win win in my book

Yeah I was a lot bummed because I really wanted to go there too because it was at the VA medical center and they have a lot of great residency programs for after pharmacy school. That was East Tennessee state. I know that they said on their website that they give consideration to in state students so that could have been 1 reason I didnt get in because I am out of state. I think that is total crap but that is ok because I got an interview at Midwestern in Chicago and I am turning that into a vacation to visit my family in Wisconsin. It is a win win in my book

ETSU rejected you due to your state residency? that can't be true because I'm out of state too ... let me PM you anyways.

Yeah they are a public university and those always give preference to the in-state residence. Just keep looking at the positives like you are now. Midwestern is going to give you the opportunity and I am sure there are applicants out there that wish they were in your position :thumbup:

Can I ask how long it took for you to submit your supplemental, to get an interview for Midwestern Chicago? I just submitted mine earlier this week and was wondering what sort of timeline I could expect!

Can I ask how long it took for you to submit your supplemental, to get an interview for Midwestern Chicago? I just submitted mine earlier this week and was wondering what sort of timeline I could expect!

I submitted my pharmcas app on Aug 16. I think I got a supplemental about a 3 to 5 days later and did that right away. It took me about 2 hours to fill out all together for Midwestern Chicago. For Midwestern Glendale I didnt need a supp this year so once I submitted my application it was considered done. I just got an interview invite this week so it hasnt even been a month since all my stuff was turned in. I did however get a letter from each school saying that they were still reviewing my application a few weeks ago. That I think is standard though

Instant noodles! breakfast to dinner :) lol

Don't worry girls and guys, the spending continues even when you are in pharm school. Just FYI. :)

I currently am enrolled at both ASU (ugghh) and Paradise Valley CC. I didnt learn much at ASU except for Biochem. I took the fall semester off to do all the pharmacy school stuff and then I am heading back to PVCC for a microbio class in the spring

You are right ^_^ I'm still at ASU but you don't learn anything here, it's all about passing the class (ASU west that is). I took 1 course over the summer at GCC and i still remember most of it :-/ made the mistake of attending a university.

But i do wish you well for your interview.

What is the best way to answer the interviewer, "Tell me something about yourself?" whereas NOT to the point that it sounds like bragging urself. Thanks!

I'm very interested in the correct way to answer this question as well " Tell me about yourself?

I sadly had to take physics 1 and 2 for my biology major, but I have NO IDEA how it applies to pharmacy in any way, shape, or form. I've seen some pharmacy schools that don't require it....so hopefully they will just forget about that section of my transcript.

Physics most certainly has a role in pharmacy. Different fields of science are essentially addressing the same issue - furthering our understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe. The difference within these fields lies in the scope of the problems they are choosing to address and the types of techniques they utilize to prove/disprove their hypotheses. Essentially, the rules of biology are dictated by the rules of chemistry; in turn, the rules of chemistry are dictated by the rules of physics. The point being is that ALL sciences are interconnected somehow; this is why I believe we are seeing the educational paradigm shifting away from specializing in one area to a more multidisciplinary perspective.

Without training in physics, biologists in the past would have never been able to make the profound discoveries that have so radically changed our insight into how life is able to proceed. One specific example that comes to mind is the Hodgkin-Huxley model. This is one of the most successful mathematical models of biology; both Alan Hodgkin and Andrew Huxley received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1963 for this work. It is truly amazing that they were able to tease out the nature of neurotransmission based on the knowledge available at the time. This work simply could not have been completed had they not been educated in the principles of physics. Consequently, our understanding of neurobiology as a whole would be lacking without this revolutionary work. Keep in mind that this was only accomplished approximately 60 years ago, and an enormous body of scientific inquiry was able to flourish as a direct result of this work.

Now, I am not saying that anything you will be doing in pharmacy school will have such long-term and profound effects as the work of these Nobel laureates did, nor will it radically affect your ability to succeed in pharmacy school. However, if you are immediately dismissive of physics as being relevant to your education as both a scientist and health care provider, there are fundamental limits to your depth of understanding of the human body (and nature as a whole). I think that with the right instruction and sufficient motivation, any reasonably intelligent person can be successful in this area, especially one who is choosing to be responsible for the outcome of their patients' health. Sometimes, the application of a branch of science is not immediately obvious to us; however, it is our responsibility as scientists to make these associations and use them to guide our clinical decisions to the best of our ability. Therefore, it is my opinion that choosing to bury your head in the sand is not only cheating yourself, but may have negative consequences for the people who are trusting you to take care of them.

I hope I did not come off as condescending, as it wasn't my intention to judge you for your disinterest in subject matter that not everyone finds appealing. I just hope that in the future, you will be able to keep a more open mind about the content you are learning, especially since both the college you are attending and the colleges you are applying to deemed it a necessary part of the curricula.

Best of luck to everyone on their upcoming interviews! Your hard work will soon pay off!! :cool: :thumbup:

Here are my stats (finally)
Current GPA = 2.9 (which is know will be above 3.0 after this fall
6 months of pharmacy experience
5 years of volunteer work (not in pharmacy though :( ) Oh well
I've gotten A's and B's in all prerequisite courses.

All ive got left is to retake the PCAT in January
and to finish up my essay (which is taking forever)

Frankly i know i dont have a very good chance to get in so thats why Im currently applying only to a few schools (UNI. MD Baltimore, Shenandoah, Notre Dame, and maybe Howard ( Howard is requiring Biochemistry now, so I'm still undecided about them).

Reactions: 1 user
Here are my stats (finally)
Current GPA = 2.9 (which is know will be above 3.0 after this fall
6 months of pharmacy experience
5 years of volunteer work (not in pharmacy though :( ) Oh well
I've gotten A's and B's in all prerequisite courses.

All ive got left is to retake the PCAT in January
and to finish up my essay (which is taking forever)

Frankly i know i dont have a very good chance to get in so thats why Im currently applying only to a few schools (UNI. MD Baltimore, Shenandoah, Notre Dame, and maybe Howard ( Howard is requiring Biochemistry now, so I'm still undecided about them).

Do these schools have a minimum 3.0 to apply? If its a 2.5 or 2.7 min u have a good chance. I would harp on those five years of volunteer if i were u. Good luck tho, and stay confident! Im applyin with a 2.83 but i know i have a good shot to get in. Ur stats are avg so as long as ur essay shows passion and or exudes confidence u have an avg shot. Im below avg and im no longer worried thank God

Reactions: 1 user
I'm very interested in the correct way to answer this question as well " Tell me about yourself?

Is there really a correct way to answer this? I was also wondering the complete way to answer it