Preparing for 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhudez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So is there anything I should be doing to prepare for the upcoming cycle (Besides getting PS ready, LORs, etc.)? Are there any forms I have to fill out before I can start my application in June?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You can read all of our anxious post on here to pass the time . Other than what you already mentioned there isn’t anything you can really prepare ahead of time. I would think about the schools you’re applying to and see which ones have secondaries. Get to know any of the schools you’re not too familiar with. Go to virtual fairs. Relax though because once the cycle starts you won’t stop talking about it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
If you really wanted a head start, and you've already decided which schools you want to apply to, you could try to check what the secondary application questions are (if any) for those schools and get those out of the way ahead of time as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

So is there anything I should be doing to prepare for the upcoming cycle (Besides getting PS ready, LORs, etc.)? Are there any forms I have to fill out before I can start my application in June?

Thanks.

Saw in one of your previous posts that you are planning on taking the DAT in January. I would just study your butt off for that test. Do a ton of practice questions from DAT Destroyer and Bootcamp, take a lot of full-length practice tests to develop your stamina, and give yourself the opportunity to take it again if you don't get a high score.

I also saw that your goal is a 20. Test averages are going up every year (see table below; especially for enrollees which is 2nd half of table) and I don't think 20 is as competitive as it used to be.

Screenshot 2017-11-03 at 11.15.00 AM.png

If you really wanted a head start, and you've already decided which schools you want to apply to, you could try to check what the secondary application questions are (if any) for those schools and get those out of the way ahead of time as well.
I've actually already developed a list of schools that I plan on applying to, but I need to check what the secondary application questions are. Are those available on their website? I always thought that you can't see it until they email you the questions.

Saw in one of your previous posts that you are planning on taking the DAT in January. I would just study your butt off for that test. Do a ton of practice questions from DAT Destroyer and Bootcamp, take a lot of full-length practice tests to develop your stamina, and give yourself the opportunity to take it again if you don't get a high score.

I also saw that your goal is a 20. Test averages are going up every year (see table below; especially for enrollees which is 2nd half of table) and I don't think 20 is as competitive as it used to be.

View attachment 225038
Yeah, I've been looking at the stats throughout the years and I noticed the upward rise in scores. I agree, I'll need a better score for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

I've actually already developed a list of schools that I plan on applying to, but I need to check what the secondary application questions are. Are those available on their website? I always thought that you can't see it until they email you the questions.

It can vary by school, and I think in the most recent application cycle the secondary questions have been migrated to within the AADSAS application itself (I could be mistaken since I applied in a cycle prior to these changes). But if you look around the forums from previous application cycles you should still be able to find info on what the secondary questions for each school are.

Reactions: 1 user