You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS interview ! i signed up for Jan 17 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
albatrossless
Full Member
Got an OOS interview invite! Good luck to everyone!
animallover632
Full Member
OOS interview invite. Good Luck to everyone.
jreissatia
Full Member
Drop stats for those OOS and invited for interview please
feel free to message me, i don’t like to do it on here for everyone to see cuz i don’t want people to compareDrop stats for those OOS and invited for interview please
albatrossless
Full Member
Cumulative GPA: 3.95Drop stats for those OOS and invited for interview please
~2000 veterinary experience hours, mostly as a vet assistant at small animal GP, but I did an equine internship too
~800 animal experience hours with wildlife, large animals, and dogs
~100 research hours as a lab assistant
~200 hours not animal-related volunteering
Captain of college volleyball team + some more college involvement stuff
I attend a small unranked college OOS
On the contrary, I find it really helpful to compare stats! Reading other people's successes helped me make my application more well-rounded. Good luck with everything!
yeah not saying it’s not helpful, but sometimes overly comparing yourself to everyone’s stats isn’t the best because sometimes it really is a gamble. even people who have everything under the sun get rejectedCumulative GPA: 3.95
~2000 veterinary experience hours, mostly as a vet assistant at small animal GP, but I did an equine internship too
~800 animal experience hours with wildlife, large animals, and dogs
~100 research hours as a lab assistant
~200 hours not animal-related volunteering
Captain of college volleyball team + some more college involvement stuff
I attend a small unranked college OOS
On the contrary, I find it really helpful to compare stats! Reading other people's successes helped me make my application more well-rounded. Good luck with everything!
albatrossless
Full Member
That's true, there's really no rhyme or reason unfortunately 🙁 All we can do is try our best to check all of their boxesyeah not saying it’s not helpful, but sometimes overly comparing yourself to everyone’s stats isn’t the best because sometimes it really is a gamble. even people who have everything under the sun get rejected
I've seen you on a bunch of other threads and wanted to say you must be a phenomenal applicant! Best of luck on all your interviews I'm sure the school you choose will be lucky to have you 🙂yeah not saying it’s not helpful, but sometimes overly comparing yourself to everyone’s stats isn’t the best because sometimes it really is a gamble. even people who have everything under the sun get rejected
wow thank you so much🥲 that means a lot!! I still have to hear back from 13 other schools, but I’m so grateful for the opportunities i’ve gotten so far! Wishing the best for everyone as well!I've seen you on a bunch of other threads and wanted to say you must be a phenomenal applicant! Best of luck on all your interviews I'm sure the school you choose will be lucky to have you 🙂
OOS Interview invite!!!!! First time applicant I’m speechless!!!!! 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gloomyravioli
tOSU '25 | Michigan State CVM '29
OOS interview invite!
shadysadie
Full Member
OOS rejected
futuredogtorlegs
Full Member
OOS Rejection
streptomyces
Full Member
OOS rejection. Best of luck to all interviewing!
Does anyone know how many seats are for OOS?
last year there was 44Does anyone know how many seats are for OOS?
KiwiLover0327
Full Member
OOS interview
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
Oos interview invite!!!
D
deleted1167662
IS acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
olivecantaloupe
Royal Dick Vet c/o 2029
OOS interview invite! Not looking forward to schlepping out to Indiana in January but so grateful for the opportunity! I signed up for the 17th.
ilovecats44
Purdue c/o 2029
IS alternate list. pretty disheartening but i figured this would happen (didn’t feel amazing ab the interview). congrats to those accepted!! 🙂
futurevetgirl03
Full Member
OOS rejection.
If you still haven't heard anything I would reach out. All applicants should have heard something at this point.I haven’t heard anything from Purdue. I’m not sure if I should call at this point..?
albatrossless
Full Member
I signed up for the 1/31 interview date. Would anyone be interested in sharing a hotel room (with two queen beds) to save some money? I'm planning on arriving on 1/30 and leaving on 2/1. PM me if you're interested and we can talk more!
olivecantaloupe
Royal Dick Vet c/o 2029
Does anyone want to chat about logistics for the interview? I'm signed up for the 17th. Trying to decide on a rental car vs. shuttle services, hotels vs. airbnbs, when to fly in/out is giving me a headache lol. I'm working with a budget here so any help would be appreciated!!
albatrossless
Full Member
Cheapest flight for me ended up being to Chicago O'Hare. From there I'm going to take the subway to the bus station and then take a bus to Lafayette. Definitely a long travel day but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm 20 years old so I literally can't book a hotel room because all them have a minimum age limit of 21. One is 18+ but of course it's the most expensive. I doubt the school is going to help me with this issue so I'm gonna try my luck with airbnb.
I'm 20 years old so I literally can't book a hotel room because all them have a minimum age limit of 21. One is 18+ but of course it's the most expensive. I doubt the school is going to help me with this issue so I'm gonna try my luck with airbnb.
olivecantaloupe
Royal Dick Vet c/o 2029
I honestly hadn't even looked into flying into Chicago, so thanks for that! From what I saw on Airbnb, there's a lot of availability, so you should be good. That's what my partner and I normally use for accommodations when we travel and we've always had good luck with it!Cheapest flight for me ended up being to Chicago O'Hare. From there I'm going to take the subway to the bus station and then take a bus to Lafayette. Definitely a long travel day but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm 20 years old so I literally can't book a hotel room because all them have a minimum age limit of 21. One is 18+ but of course it's the most expensive. I doubt the school is going to help me with this issue so I'm gonna try my luck with airbnb.
resistnotebook
Full Member
Interviewing on the 31st!
albatrossless
Full Member
They didn't ask for us to send Fall 2024 transcripts right?
I emailed and they said at this time, they do not.They didn't ask for us to send Fall 2024 transcripts right?
Hello All,
I’ll apply to Purdue this summer as an IS non traditional applicant. I have zero large animal experience.
Anyone that was accepted into Purdue this round, especially IS applicant, what was your large animal experience?
Vet, no vet, approx hours?
I have ample experience in all other categories, but was recently told by a 2024 OOS Purdue Grad that if I want a chance of getting in, I need at least some large animal experience.
Definitely will be praying for a door to open, but wanted to try to “narrow down” the doors I go knocking on LOL.
Thanks!
I’ll apply to Purdue this summer as an IS non traditional applicant. I have zero large animal experience.
Anyone that was accepted into Purdue this round, especially IS applicant, what was your large animal experience?
Vet, no vet, approx hours?
I have ample experience in all other categories, but was recently told by a 2024 OOS Purdue Grad that if I want a chance of getting in, I need at least some large animal experience.
Definitely will be praying for a door to open, but wanted to try to “narrow down” the doors I go knocking on LOL.
Thanks!
Prevetstudent247
New Member
Hi, I am a IS traditional applicant who was accepted this cycle. I personally did not have any large animal hours, but have a large amount of exotic animal hours and research. I can't specifically advise on large animals, but I am sure having some experience shadowing or helping at a farm rescue would look good if you are trying to ensure your application checks all of the boxes.Hello All,
I’ll apply to Purdue this summer as an IS non traditional applicant. I have zero large animal experience.
Anyone that was accepted into Purdue this round, especially IS applicant, what was your large animal experience?
Vet, no vet, approx hours?
I have ample experience in all other categories, but was recently told by a 2024 OOS Purdue Grad that if I want a chance of getting in, I need at least some large animal experience.
Definitely will be praying for a door to open, but wanted to try to “narrow down” the doors I go knocking on LOL.
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My guess would be that the English literature class wouldn't qualify, unfortunately. You can always reach out to admissions and ask though. Generally schools seem to want some type of public speaking class.Did everybody take a speech class for the communication pre-req?
I took an english literature class that required a few presentations and student-led discussions but Im not sure if it can qualify for the communication pre-req.
wishfulvetstudent
New Member
Anyone who accepted their IS seat already, have you received any other follow up emails? Just wanna make sure I haven’t missed anything. Also, does anyone know when they will add us to the Facebook groups?
What hotel are people staying in for those flying out for interviews?
ghosty
Purdue c/o 2029
I have not received anything else yet. A current vet student told me Lori will make a facebook group to invite everyone to once OOS acceptances are sent outAnyone who accepted their IS seat already, have you received any other follow up emails? Just wanna make sure I haven’t missed anything. Also, does anyone know when they will add us to the Facebook groups?
Prevetstudent247
New Member
I took a public speaking class to fulfill this requirement.Did everybody take a speech class for the communication pre-req?
I took an english literature class that required a few presentations and student-led discussions but Im not sure if it can qualify for the communication pre-req.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K