Purdue 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had two interviewers. I was definitely nervous and was mostly prepared. If I was grading myself, I would say C+ or B-. The campus is really nice and the whole afternoon was a very insightful and made me excited about possibly going there! Everyone is super nice and you’ll definitely have a great time on the 31st!
 
I had two interviewers and one of them was the Dean as well! I don’t think I did well since I was too nervous and most of the questions asked were not what I have prepared (they didn’t ask any questions related to my application) 🙁 but both interviewers were pretty nice! I wish you guys good luck
 
To those who interviewed this year, or a previous year when it was in-person, was there by chance a 'coat-check' or somewhere to leave your things? Or did you bring your coat, bag, etc. into the interview with you? (Just planning what purse/jacket I'll be bringing)
 
To those who interviewed this year, or a previous year when it was in-person, was there by chance a 'coat-check' or somewhere to leave your things? Or did you bring your coat, bag, etc. into the interview with you? (Just planning what purse/jacket I'll be bringing)
there’s a main room that you go in where you can leave your stuff !
 
just wanted to let y'all know that I had to decline my interview seat for Friday 🙁 I wish you all the best of luck and I know you're all going to be great doctors one day!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any advice on preparing for the interview? I'm not sure if I should practice more traditional interview questions or if it's going to be more situational or ethical question.
 
How did everyone feel about the second OOS interview today? Does anyone happen to know when we should expect to hear back?
 
How did everyone feel about the second OOS interview today? Does anyone happen to know when we should expect to hear back?
When I went to the first OOS day, the lady who helped plan and run the whole thing said mid February we would hear back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any Purdue graduates shed some light on their experience at Purdue and what they did and did not like about it? In particular, do you feel like you received adequate clinical experience in their program as compared to other schools with a 2+2 curriculum? Are there opportunities outside of the curriculum (maybe shelter spays and neuters) where you could get more practice with the hands on part of your education? I was VERY impressed with Purdue, but would just like some input on the hands on part of the curriculum. Thanks!
 
For those OOS students who have received acceptances, first, congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, did you interview on the first date (the 17th) or the second (the 31st)?
Thank you! I interviewed on the 31st.

IS’s that we’re accepted, how long after the call did you get an email with acceptance stuff?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, if anyone is looking for a place to live next semester please contact me. I have a two bed one bath house I am helping get rented.