-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2015 Applicants!
Started by EnvyPointers
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
And my birthday is on Saturday.
So if I could get my interview invite on FRIDAY, that'd be super, mmk? 😀![]()
My bday is Saturday too, and it will be my 21st 😀!! Even more reason for us to get interview invites this week!
Oh gosh, now I'm going crazy with my e-mail. I know they're closed for the night, but I'm still checking. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So tomorrow is midweek.....
😱 so, tomorrow (or today on the east coast) or Thursday, otherwise it's no longer mid-week. Please be tomorrow!
Well hopefully we can hear something back today...or tomorrow after my last final for the week. Oh, the suspense!😱
If there is one thing I learned from last year's application cycle, it is that these dates are NEVER EVER reliable, and no one really knows what the heck is going on. So it's no use getting all in a tizzy about mid week.
This is what I tell myself. Not like I'm checking my email a gajillion times a day, every time there's a break in the schedule. 🙄
This is what I tell myself. Not like I'm checking my email a gajillion times a day, every time there's a break in the schedule. 🙄
::sigh:: I WISH I could tell myself that. But... my hand... just won't stop refreshing... the Blackberry.... Any time I even see that I have a new e-mail I go crazy. Seriously... I've checked about 50 times today. And then I proceed to whine like a 3 year old child when I have nothing from Purdue. I don't know who's suffering more: me or my husband.
On a completely different note, I'm glad to see this "smiley" :
I used to live in Austin, Texas for a few years. Hook 'Em! 😀
On a completely different note, I'm glad to see this "smiley" :
I used to live in Austin, Texas for a few years. Hook 'Em! 😀This is what I tell myself. Not like I'm checking my email a gajillion times a day, every time there's a break in the schedule. 🙄
Yeah.... I actually found a program that will automatically refresh your browser for you every five minutes... that way I can just listen for the *ding*. Lets me get at least 15 feet away from my computer

Good luck to everyone, let's hope we start seeing some acceptance notices on here!

::sigh:: I WISH I could tell myself that. But... my hand... just won't stop refreshing... the Blackberry.... Any time I even see that I have a new e-mail I go crazy. Seriously... I've checked about 50 times today. And then I proceed to whine like a 3 year old child when I have nothing from Purdue. I don't know who's suffering more: me or my husband.
I've already told my b/f that, yes, I know it's irrational that I'm checking my e-mail and SDN every opportunity I have, but if he attempts to take my phone from me or separate me from it, I will not be a happy camper. It's also sad that I've found that messages go to the e-mail on my phone faster (by approximately 30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on size, attachments, etc.) than my computer....
I know I have issues right now and I fully embrace my issues.... this is a HUGE deal in my life and I'm trying to weather the storm as best I can. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?
Alright kids, it's after 5pm in Indiana. I think tomorrow is the last day that can be justifiably described as "mid-week." I am going to return to not freaking out for the rest of the night. 🙂
*sigh*
Why do they do things like this?
*sigh*
Why do they do things like this?
To make our brains hurt.

Time for a beer, I say!
So I work for Purdue, and around 4:15 I refreshed my email and quickly saw "Purdue" and got excited, then realized it was "Purdue Pay Notice" regarding my deposit of my pay-check into my account. Now I think I've really gone crazy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I work for Purdue, and around 4:15 I refreshed my email and quickly saw "Purdue" and got excited, then realized it was "Purdue Pay Notice" regarding my deposit of my pay-check into my account. Now I think I've really gone crazy.
At least you got paid. I keep getting irrationally mad at Paypal and Delta for spam that slips through the filter....

*bump*
Here's hoping one of us hears something today. Preferably good news.
Good luck everyone!


Here's hoping one of us hears something today. Preferably good news. Good luck everyone!


Here's my new theory: Admissions is out to get us so they purposefully told me that invites will be sent via e-mail when they will actually be in a letter. Juuuuust sayin'. (If you can't tell, I am REALLY freaking out... Day 4 of nonstop e-mail checking is kind of driving me to the looney bin...) 😏

I'm half-tempted to give them a ring since I took my last final and I would be curiously asking when we would receive notice since I'm going home tomorrow and it would stink if the letter or whatever was sent to my campus address and not my home address. My roommate said she would check for me, but it's one of those things that I want to see/read before someone else does.Here's my new theory: Admissions is out to get us so they purposefully told me that invites will be sent via e-mail when they will actually be in a letter. Juuuuust sayin'. (If you can't tell, I am REALLY freaking out... Day 4 of nonstop e-mail checking is kind of driving me to the looney bin...) 😏![]()
I'm half-tempted to give them a ring since I took my last final and I would be curiously asking when we would receive notice since I'm going home tomorrow and it would stink if the letter or whatever was sent to my campus address and not my home address. My roommate said she would check for me, but it's one of those things that I want to see/read before someone else does.
If you do, let us know what they say. Curious!
I will around 1, when lunch break is over. Usually lunch on Purdue's campus is 12-1 and most offices close...we make it a big deal lol.
I will around 1, when lunch break is over. Usually lunch on Purdue's campus is 12-1 and most offices close...we make it a big deal lol.
Can't wait to hear your report. 🙂
Ok I called-- but I'm going to have to call back again in a 1/2 hour because their main admissions person was still out.
Ok I called-- but I'm going to have to call back again in a 1/2 hour because their main admissions person was still out.
Sounds like our campus. EVERYONE (except students and emerg. personnel) drops what they're doing and goes to lunch for at least an hour. Sometimes they jump the gun and leave at 1145, other times they come back at like 130. Or at least, they don't take the pre-recorded message off the line until then.
Using both US Mail and Email... US Mail going out most likely going out not until tomorrow. Don't know how much helpful this is to you guys, but I had my mail switched to be sent at home for over break so my roommate won't see.
Using both US Mail and Email... US Mail going out most likely going out not until tomorrow. Don't know how much helpful this is to you guys, but I had my mail switched to be sent at home for over break so my roommate won't see.
So invites may also be going out by snail-mail and not just rejections?😕
So invites may also be going out by snail-mail and not just rejections?😕
Ahhh I'm confused too! I'm going out of town for a week... should I hold my mail?
I was wondering too - did they confirm or deny that they are using US mail for rejections and email for invites? *throws hands in the air*
I should block SDN on my computer until I take my final tonight. 🙄
I should block SDN on my computer until I take my final tonight. 🙄
I honestly was trying to decode it... I wasn't sure if they are sending interviews/declines by email also in addition to snail mail, but I got nothing. I did hear they were running off the letters today and they should be in the mail by tomorrow. Sorry to cause everyone a mild heart attack 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I knew what was going on.
Me too! Good luck on your final


Same goes for you Whyevernot

Me too! Good luck on your final
Same goes for you Whyevernot![]()
Thanks! Now I'm only one away from winter break. I haven't stopped compulsively refreshing my inbox though.

AHHHHHHH I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!
*dies*
Edit: OK, that was me screaming incoherently. zumazoom, happy birthday to us! My 25th is tomorrow!
*dies*
Edit: OK, that was me screaming incoherently. zumazoom, happy birthday to us! My 25th is tomorrow!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone!
Sadly, there's nothing in my inbox 🙁 Here's hoping for Monday.
Sadly, there's nothing in my inbox 🙁 Here's hoping for Monday.
Congrats to you guys that got interviews! Any in-staters yet? I have to say, I'm freaking out "mildly" here. Not sure if I can make it through the weekend... :cry:
Edit: OK, that was me screaming incoherently. zumazoom, happy birthday to us! My 25th is tomorrow!![]()
wooooo!!! happy birthday, and congrats!!!

Congrats to you guys that got interviews! Any in-staters yet? I have to say, I'm freaking out "mildly" here. Not sure if I can make it through the weekend... :cry:
Fingers crossed for the Hoosiers! 🙁 I hope you guys get good news soon!
I will admit I have lost all hope and fully expect to get a rejection letter in the mail tomorrow......not really having a very good Friday evening 🙁
*hands Cypress a beer* My roommate just tried to beat some sense into me by describing how servers package messages, and it didn't help at all.
Let's get drunk and try to forget about it.😀😀
INTERVIEW!
I was actually driving home from school for break, and checked my inbox, and sure enough there was an email. Then proceeded to call my family and cry like a baby lol.
I was actually driving home from school for break, and checked my inbox, and sure enough there was an email. Then proceeded to call my family and cry like a baby lol.
Congrats everyone!
Sadly, there's nothing in my inbox 🙁 Here's hoping for Monday.
Do you think it's realistic that they would still have invites to send? I didnt get a response/rejection/invite today either...eeeek!
Also, CONGRATS to everyone who DID hear back today! Take time to celebrate tonight!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview - ME TOO!
After obsessively checking email for the past 3 days, I get the email 20 mins before having to leave for work. I still haven't read everything.
I didn't get past the first line until my friends took me out to dinner tonight to celebrate. THEY are the ones who actually read it and gave me the rest of the information. I was too busy sitting there with a big goofy smile on my face.
Enjoy the excitement. The letter will still be there to read when you calm down 🙂
When i got the email I was work (2pm west coast) I just saw Dear applicant, read through it quickly jumped around like an idiot ran down stairs took a deep breath and came back to read just to make sure it said what i thought it said, even good news requires multiple readings to make sure it was understood correctly =D, hopefully ill get to meet you all who will be there on the 28th!
WHEWHOO!!!
Got an interview, see youguys there. Who else has an interview on the 28th?
Got an interview, see youguys there. Who else has an interview on the 28th?