Purdue c/o 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was debating whether to post this (didn't want to add to your anxiety about waiting) but since you guys asked :)

Today one of our professors cut out of lab early because the admissions committee was meeting to officially chose the Class of 2017 :)

I would expect calls to come soon - just hang in there a little longer :)

And remember - calls come over several days and Purdue historically has a very active waitlist.

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was debating whether to post this (didn't want to add to your anxiety about waiting) but since you guys asked :)

Today one of our professors cut out of lab early because the admissions committee was meeting to officially chose the Class of 2017 :)

And remember - calls come over several days and Purdue historically has a very active waitlist.

Good luck!!!
Thanks for the information!!

Good luck!!!

Thanks for letting us know!

I was looking at last year's thread and noticed they also met on a Tuesday and then made the acceptance calls Friday and Sunday...I'm going to be staring at my phone all week now!
Good Luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
AAAAHHHH bring on the stress! Out of curiosity does anyone know if the Dean makes calls to IS or OOS first?

AAAAHHHH bring on the stress! Out of curiosity does anyone know if the Dean makes calls to IS or OOS first?

I think its a mixture of IS and OOS - not sure the order.

Hang in there!!!

If you are a purdue student, check your mypurdue!

if you got accepted and you are a purdue student, it appears on your my purdue

You know where there's the financial tab, academic tab, etc. there's a new tab that says new student. The page is very non detailed. it only says your application has been accepted. It tells you to click on a link to accept your offer, and when you do, it'll give you the details of your admission such as what school and for what semester. It'll show you got accepted to purdue for undergrad, and then below that will be the vet school offer.

You know where there's the financial tab, academic tab, etc. there's a new tab that says new student. The page is very non detailed. it only says your application has been accepted. It tells you to click on a link to accept your offer, and when you do, it'll give you the details of your admission such as what school and for what semester. It'll show you got accepted to purdue for undergrad, and then below that will be the vet school offer.

Oh I see. I don't have one yet...I hope that's not permanent! Congrats on your news though, that's so great! Is Purdue your number 1?

I know some people that have seen it and I know some people who haven't seen it yet. Maybe my phone call will be tomorrow, so they just open the portal the day before or something. Ya never know!

Yes just because my first year tuition will only cost about 10k and you can't be the cost of instate verses out of state. I mean, 100k or less in debt, or 250k or more? When it comes down to it, you're a doctor no matter where you go, and so if I can be in as little debt as possible, I think that's best.

I know some people that have seen it and I know some people who haven't seen it yet. Maybe my phone call will be tomorrow, so they just open the portal the day before or something. Ya never know!

Yes just because my first year tuition will only cost about 10k and you can't be the cost of instate verses out of state. I mean, 100k or less in debt, or 250k or more? When it comes down to it, you're a doctor no matter where you go, and so if I can be in as little debt as possible, I think that's best.

I wonder if the mypurdue applies to students with online course? I don't know if the portal only applies to undergrad students there or if it also applies to non-degree temporary students? You're scaring me.

And good thinking on the financial part :] I'd do the same if I were you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it would with a temporary student, I bet there's a lot of difference between a temporary my purdue and an official my purdue. But it's kinda crazy, i've always been able to log on to the vet students portal ever since I was a purdue student. They must not have a block for only vet students to log in to the vet school intranet.

Man I just wish they sent out an email to everyone on the same day with a yay or neigh lol I hate waiting for a phone call that may never come

Man I just wish they sent out an email to everyone on the same day with a yay or neigh lol I hate waiting for a phone call that may never come

I know, this is almost painful waiting for a call that isn't guaranteed. I will be staring at my phone every 2 minutes until Sunday now. Lol I didn't know they made acceptance calls until yesterday so it caught me off guard. Hopefully this turns out better for me than Cornell... Good luck to everyone! :)

Has anyone gotten a phone call yet?? Dying.

The phone call is worth the wait I guarantee :)

One of the greatest moments in my life to date :)

Just hang in there! Almost there

Congrats!!!! In other news, let the freakout begin. AAHHHH

Yes I got the official call this morning! And someone talked to the admissions and the mypurdue thing was a mistake so everyone may not see it on their my purdue yet. And to my understanding, everyone gets a call to be told you're accepted or wait listed. That's what I thought but I'm not sure.

So you're in?

To those who have gotten their calls:

1. Congratulations!!!

2. What is your last initial? Does it seem to be alphabetical?

Ahhh no call for me today :( Does the Dean call on Saturdays, too? Or just Sundays. Trying to gauge how obsessively I should have my phone on me this weekend.... haha.:D

I'm in the same position! I hope we hear soon.

To those who have gotten their calls:

1. Congratulations!!!

2. What is your last initial? Does it seem to be alphabetical?

B. I know someone with last initial K and another last initial S. I think it's completely random. And yes from what i've heard he will be calling all weekend and possibly for the next week

B. I know someone with last initial K and another last initial S. I think it's completely random. And yes from what i've heard he will be calling all weekend and possibly for the next week

I don't think you get a call if you are waitlisted - they make all the acceptance calls over a several day period and then last year they sent emails informing people they had been waitlisted.

I don't think you get a call if you are waitlisted - they make all the acceptance calls over a several day period and then last year they sent emails informing people they had been waitlisted.

So if people don't get a call by end of this sunday, then they are either waitlisted or rejected right?

Goodness, can they just send mass emails so we don't die of anxiety and false hopes? I can't stare at my phone for a week. :\

Got my call today around 3:20! Good luck everyone!

Oops, also I'm OOS and my last name starts with C.

Congratulations to those of you who've gotten your acceptance calls!!! And good luck to those of you still waiting, too! After visiting Cornell this weekend I've pretty much decided Purdue is my top choice so crossing my fingers for a call soon!

Im IS and my last name starts with A, however I don't think that alphabetical order plays a part but I could be wrong!

Does anyone know for how long the calls go till?

So if people don't get a call by end of this sunday, then they are either waitlisted or rejected right?

I wouldn't say that - I'm just relaying info from last year - each year things are slightly different. Last year calls were made over a several day period - I received mine on Sunday afternoon - but who knows what the Dean has planned for the weekend - calls might go into next week.

And remember - Purdue has an active wait list - so being wait listed isn't a bad thing. Many people in my class were pulled from the wait list.

Hang in there :)

I wouldn't say that - I'm just relaying info from last year - each year things are slightly different. Last year calls were made over a several day period - I received mine on Sunday afternoon - but who knows what the Dean has planned for the weekend - calls might go into next week.

And remember - Purdue has an active wait list - so being wait listed isn't a bad thing. Many people in my class were pulled from the wait list.

Hang in there :)

Constantly staring at my phone and by end of the day not seeing anything makes me feel sad, I'm keeping my phone on silent and going to go out for bowling to ease my mind. If I don't get in this year, there's always next year.

man no phone call for me... I hope they will send an email of some new soon

I'm in! Answered the phone call SUPER awkwardly... ooops.

OOS, last name at the really end of the alphabet.

man no phone call for me... I hope they will send an email of some new soon

Hang in there guys! No phone call doesn't mean you won't get in. And coming from a 3rd time applicant - it can be done!

Hang in there guys! No phone call doesn't mean you won't get in. And coming from a 3rd time applicant - it can be done!

Thanks! You've been so very helpful with helping me cope with this anxious moment. I'm very grateful!! I'm actually out and left phone at home to not worry about it. time to relax a bit and bowl! :D

So nerve-racking, was really hoping to hear something today, do they do the rejections and wait lists via email?

Thanks! You've been so very helpful with helping me cope with this anxious moment. I'm very grateful!! I'm actually out and left phone at home to not worry about it. time to relax a bit and bowl! :D

Yes! Relaxing is all you can do :)

So nerve-racking, was really hoping to hear something today, do they do the rejections and wait lists via email?

I believe they sent these via email last year - but Purdue has been making changes on how they contact applicants - so no guarantees I'm correct

When will the emails come with news? Or when did they come last year since so far it seems they are doing it the same way

When will the emails come with news? Or when did they come last year since so far it seems they are doing it the same way

My guess is probably after the dean is finished making all the acceptance calls. So maybe sometime in middle of this week or next week? I might be wrong so anyone can correct me on that.

My guess is probably after the dean is finished making all the acceptance calls. So maybe sometime in middle of this week or next week? I might be wrong so anyone can correct me on that.

That's my basic understanding - you can search old threads to see when people posted being wait listed last year - I think all phone calls are finished before anything else goes out