-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2017 Applicants!
Started by McGovernator
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not sure but I would love to know!!!
would it be a bad idea to give admissions a call and see how far along they are with acceptance calls?
I don't think that's a bad idea but I don't think the admissions will know since it is the dean himself making the calls. Unless you speak to the dean himself and ask you'll be able to know. It wouldn't hurt to try.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey so I made a facebook page for the class of 2017 if anyone wants to join and meet future classmates. I couldn't find one, so if there is one let me know!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PVM2017/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PVM2017/
Last edited:
Any news on application call status?
Nooope, still sitting staring at my phone during class and work... haha.
Nooope, still sitting staring at my phone during class and work... haha.
Me too! This is not healthy...
Me too! This is not healthy...
Definitely not. Is Purdue your top choice if you were to get admitted?
Definitely not. Is Purdue your top choice if you were to get admitted?
It's definitely one of my top choices. Partially bc it's my IS, partially bc I just love it here and I've always wanted to attend here. So, this potential acceptance is a really important one. Getting pretty nervous. How about you?
Yeah it's pretty much between Purdue and Cornell right now, and a lot of it comes down to money. And I've been in Colorado for undergrad the past four years so I just really miss the great Hoosier state. So definitely feel ya on the nerves part! Let's hope we both can breathe easy after today!!!It's definitely one of my top choices. Partially bc it's my IS, partially bc I just love it here and I've always wanted to attend here. So, this potential acceptance is a really important one. Getting pretty nervous. How about you?
Ok so I couldn't take it anymore and I gave Purdue Admissions a call. lol They said they ARE still in the process of making acceptance calls!
I asked her about when we should expect to receive waitlist/rejection emails, all she said was that everything should be completed in the next few weeks. (??) I didn't think it was gonna take that long, but hey at least thee's still a chance for now! 🙂
I asked her about when we should expect to receive waitlist/rejection emails, all she said was that everything should be completed in the next few weeks. (??) I didn't think it was gonna take that long, but hey at least thee's still a chance for now! 🙂
Thanks for the info!! Good Luck!!Ok so I couldn't take it anymore and I gave Purdue Admissions a call. lol They said they ARE still in the process of making acceptance calls!![]()
I asked her about when we should expect to receive waitlist/rejection emails, all she said was that everything should be completed in the next few weeks. (??) I didn't think it was gonna take that long, but hey at least thee's still a chance for now! 🙂
Phew that makes me feel better. Good luck to all you guys in the next few days, then, waiting for calls! I'll be sure to post if I have any news!!!
That makes me feel better too. My nerves are still shot, but it's good to know there's still hope out there! hp, it'll be a miracle if I can breathe after any of this lol
to all of us still waiting!
to all of us still waiting! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely agree with you there!!! HahaThat makes me feel better too. My nerves are still shot, but it's good to know there's still hope out there! hp, it'll be a miracle if I can breathe after any of this lol
to all of us still waiting!
Just so you know, we changed the web adress of the facebook page. Click on this link to join! And also, some current DVM students have joined to answer questions!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PVM2017/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PVM2017/
It's official... Im an IS alternate... 🙁
Waitlisted and OOS 🙁
I wish I hadn't loved Purdue as much as I did!
Congrats to all of the acceptances!
I wish I hadn't loved Purdue as much as I did!
Congrats to all of the acceptances!
OOS alternate list. Congrats to all who were excepted. I also loved Purdue and wish they would tell us what number we are on the waitlist!
waitlisted OOS too, I wish they would tell you what number you are on the waitlist so you can at least know how realistic it is that you would get in. Does anyone know typically if the OOS waitlist moves alot?
Waitlisted OOS, but from what I hear the OOS wait list moves a bit? I too really liked Purdue, it was definitely my #2 school behind UF my IS...
Ive heard the OOS wait list pool is really active so def dont feel too bad theres still lots of hope! Though for the IS wait list im not as hopeful. 🙁
Congrats on acceptances everyone!
And congrats on wait list! Believe it or not that's a huge accomplishment in itself - so try and remember that.
Purdue does have an active wait list - so you are not out of the game by any means - the wait list for IS and OOS moves so there's not telling which will move more. Someone in my class was pulled in June of last year so just remember that the game isn't over yet.
April is when they require official acceptances of offers to be made and within a few days of that deadline they begin pulling people from the wait list - via phone calls if I remember correctly. I know many people who were pulled from the wait list - so hang in there everyone.
Sending you all good luck vibes over the next few months!!
And congrats on wait list! Believe it or not that's a huge accomplishment in itself - so try and remember that.
Purdue does have an active wait list - so you are not out of the game by any means - the wait list for IS and OOS moves so there's not telling which will move more. Someone in my class was pulled in June of last year so just remember that the game isn't over yet.
April is when they require official acceptances of offers to be made and within a few days of that deadline they begin pulling people from the wait list - via phone calls if I remember correctly. I know many people who were pulled from the wait list - so hang in there everyone.
Sending you all good luck vibes over the next few months!!
Does anybody know if everyone who interviewed is on the wait list?
I'm mostly disappointed since we wont hear until after April 15th, I'll loose my $1000 deposit at a school lower on my list if I'm lucky enough to get accepted.
I'm mostly disappointed since we wont hear until after April 15th, I'll loose my $1000 deposit at a school lower on my list if I'm lucky enough to get accepted.
Yes im interested to know also if everyone that wasnt accepted but interviewed is on the waitlist or if some people did get denied. Our odds will be much greater if some interviewees were denied!
Yeah I got a rejection email this morning. 🙁 Not sure why the admissions made it seem like there was still gonna be more calls. Oh well. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do know last year someone that interviewed was rejected and NOT wait listed. So I don't believe they wait list everyone.
Yep, they don't wait list everyone. lol 🙁
Congrats on acceptances everyone!
And congrats on wait list! Believe it or not that's a huge accomplishment in itself - so try and remember that.
Purdue does have an active wait list - so you are not out of the game by any means - the wait list for IS and OOS moves so there's not telling which will move more. Someone in my class was pulled in June of last year so just remember that the game isn't over yet.
April is when they require official acceptances of offers to be made and within a few days of that deadline they begin pulling people from the wait list - via phone calls if I remember correctly. I know many people who were pulled from the wait list - so hang in there everyone.
Sending you all good luck vibes over the next few months!!
What day is it in April when they require decisions? Is it the 15th? Because they begin making calls the next day. In fact, they begin early the following morning - even if it's a weekend. Keep your chin up, guys!! There's still hope for the waitlisted 🙂
Alternate IS 🙁
Sorry, boilermaker! Looks like we're pretty much in the same shoes right now and it stinks!
Sorry, boilermaker! Looks like we're pretty much in the same shoes right now and it stinks!
I know. I'm sorry you got waitlisted too 🙁
Anyone hear anything today?
Yes, I was fortunate enough to receive a call (around 5:40pm if anyone is curious) from the dean today. I sounded like at total goof when I called him back because of the shock
. Still deciding between Illinois and Purdue, but I will try to hurry up and make my decision (I mean I have to by 5pm tomorrow anyway)!So you got called by both today? Or had you been told by Illinois before? Congrats! 🙂
Thank you! I was accepted by Illinois at the end of February, but was certainly still holding out hope for Purdue. I really enjoyed my time, albeit brief, at both schools on their interview days.
Oh okay I just thought that April 15th was the last day to tell schools you were accepting their offer. It would have been quite the coincidence if you got 2 calls on the same day!
It certainly would have been quite a coincidence! April 15th was the last day, but I would be willing to loose my already paid deposit at Illinois if I do head to Purdue.
And thank you athdept! Haha, regardless of how "not so secret" it may be I appreciate it!
Oh okay gotcha that makes more sense. One thing I might think of is that Purdue might be a tad closer to home than Illinois but I'm not sure because the interstate will take you through chicago anyways. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or I can answer them on here.
I got off the waitlist yesterday, but I will be declining my spot to stay at OSU. It's time for a change of scenery for me 🙂 Good luck to another IS waitlister! (I believe they have separate waitlists at least!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the admissions office done making waitlist calls?