Purdue c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, pretty much. I wonder if they skipped today? I would hope more people on SDN got accepted...just saying :shy:
It is kinda weird that there is no news from anyone today. Felt like there would be 4 or 5

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there ILB2834! So I'm not actually a current vet student but I will be in the class of 2018 at Purdue come this fall!!! I have been attending Purdue for my undergrad and have gotten to know the faculty quite well at the vet school. What I want to first say (I know it's been said a ton) is that it truly is a family atmosphere. I can honestly say that getting to know the faulty and some of the current students has been such a great experience. They are always so warm and so willing to answer any questions. And that's what makes me excited to attend Purdue. I don't have to worry about my professors not caring but instead they will take the time to make sure I understand the material to become the best doctor I can be. In fact I was able to eat lunch with one of the professors and he took a genuine interest in my direction and goals.

In addition I have to say that the fact that I will be getting hands on experience from day one is beyond exciting and I believe beneficial. I heard the husbandry course that we are required to take first year allows for students to gain experience beyond just the classroom. I don't want to learn how to draw blood on a cow (I used this as an example because I have no cow experience) when I am in my third or fourth year. Then that's not to mention the applications and integrations course which actually allows the students to apply the knowledge they are learning to cases.

I believe that any vet school is going to prepare us to be veterinarians, however I want to do it in an environment where I can grow beyond just knowledge and have real world applicable experiences. That's why I am choosing Purdue!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi there ILB2834! So I'm not actually a current vet student but I will be in the class of 2018 at Purdue come this fall!!! I have been attending Purdue for my undergrad and have gotten to know the faculty quite well at the vet school. What I want to first say (I know it's been said a ton) is that it truly is a family atmosphere. I can honestly say that getting to know the faulty and some of the current students has been such a great experience. They are always so warm and so willing to answer any questions. And that's what makes me excited to attend Purdue. I don't have to worry about my professors not caring but instead they will take the time to make sure I understand the material to become the best doctor I can be. In fact I was able to eat lunch with one of the professors and he took a genuine interest in my direction and goals.

In addition I have to say that the fact that I will be getting hands on experience from day one is beyond exciting and I believe beneficial. I heard the husbandry course that we are required to take first year allows for students to gain experience beyond just the classroom. I don't want to learn how to draw blood on a cow (I used this as an example because I have no cow experience) when I am in my third or fourth year. Then that's not to mention the applications and integrations course which actually allows the students to apply the knowledge they are learning to cases.

I believe that any vet school is going to prepare us to be veterinarians, however I want to do it in an environment where I can grow beyond just knowledge and have real world applicable experiences. That's why I am choosing Purdue!
All of the reasons why I want to get that acceptance call from Purdue!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend and I were playing a computer game and every time we had a break in the action I would check my phone. I felt bad when he asked me what I was doing.. "Oh you know obsessing..."

Reactions: 1 users
My boyfriend and I were playing a computer game and every time we had a break in the action I would check my phone. I felt bad when he asked me what I was doing.. "Oh you know obsessing..."
I'm guessing few if any calls were made today

Thank you so much for your reply!! This really helps - I am very excited to make a decision more and more and your enthusiasm about the program, the school and the professors has really clarified things for me! Hopefully we will be classmates in the fall! :))

Got my phone call last night around 4! Dean Reed seems awesome! I can't wait! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Or maybe 80 of the people they chose don't use SDN? Dun dun dunn!

I wonder if any calls went out today....:xf:

I'll be surprised if at least one of us that stalk the hell out of this thread don't get an offer.

I wonder if any calls went out today....:xf:
Its too early for me to whine that they haven't made calls yet tonight. I will reserve that for 8 hours from now :smuggrin:

I'll be surprised if at least one of us that stalk the hell out of this thread don't get an offer.
I know, right? It would be like some sort of universal injustice of some sort.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its too early for me to whine that they haven't made calls yet tonight. I will reserve that for 8 hours from now :smuggrin:
I give it til 10:00 tonight before I cry myself to sleep and decide that I guess I'm just not getting in. If calls started on Wednesday and he made 10 calls a day then he's only let 20 people know...so there's still 60 spots left for the rest of us. Of course these are all just made up numbers that I'm using to try to make me feel better. I've also been trying to convince myself that he's letting those that interviewed on the 24th know before those of us that interviewed on the 31st. All made up craziness in my little head

The more time that passes between them making phone calls and sending rejections increases the level of hope I have, which I am starting to feel like is a very dangerous thing. By the time I get notified I will be bursting with hope. Only to turn into a sad panda :panda:

I give it til 10:00 tonight before I cry myself to sleep and decide that I guess I'm just not getting in. If calls started on Wednesday and he made 10 calls a day then he's only let 20 people know...so there's still 60 spots left for the rest of us. Of course these are all just made up numbers that I'm using to try to make me feel better. I've also been trying to convince myself that he's letting those that interviewed on the 24th know before those of us that interviewed on the 31st. All made up craziness in my little head
I like your style of crazy. :cool:

wonder if they do it by last name... or IS vs OOS separately

I'm pretty sure they do it mixed. But I could be completely wrong. I might jump aboard the 24th vs. 31st interview date theory.

I'm pretty sure they do it mixed. But I could be completely wrong. I might jump aboard the 24th vs. 31st interview date theory.
If so, then I should probably be waiting for an email in a week because I went the first weekend lol! (I really don't think I'm going to get accepted though so I wouldn't be surprised)

I hate when stuff is done by last name... I was cursed with being towards the end of the alphabet :( However, I will pretend this is how they are doing it and hold out hope since I am at the end of the alphabet and OOS ;)

We could ask the whole...2? people that were accepted their initials lol

I hate when stuff is done by last name... I was cursed with being towards the end of the alphabet :( However, I will pretend this is how they are doing it and hold out hope since I am at the end of the alphabet and OOS ;)
me too! OOS and last name at the end of the alphabet.

We could ask the whole...2? people that were accepted their initials lol
Hey guys! My last name starts with an R and I am OOS and I interviewed on the 31st! I don't know if that helps with anything, but I thought I would share :) Good luck and try not to stress! (Yes I know easier said than done...)

Haha my initials are A.K.

If they are going by last name I'm definitely out...my last name starts with an A. So it seems like maybe all of our theories are wrong and it is just completely random....I hope!!!!

Well then, there either is no method, or we aren't getting any phone calls lol. :smack:

AHHHH I received the phone call! I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! :biglove:

I was taking a nap after class, and my phone went off- it was Dean Reed! It was comical because as he was talking I was dancing and jumping around while trying to stay composed... After my mess of an interview (Or at least I thought I did badly), I wasn't expecting to get in. I just can't believe it!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
AHHHH I received the phone call! I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! :biglove:

I was taking a nap after class, and my phone went off- it was Dean Reed! It was comical because as he was talking I was dancing and jumping around while trying to stay composed... After my mess of an interview (Or at least I thought I did badly), I wasn't expecting to get in. I just can't believe it!!! :soexcited:
CONGRATS Ashgirl!!! :highfive:

I'm now staring at my phone at work, trying to will it to ring. I have a feeling its going to be a sad valentine's day.

I'm now staring at my phone at work, trying to will it to ring. I have a feeling its going to be a sad valentine's day.
My parents don't seem to understand why I'm so grumpy and on edge. I wish I could explain it.

My parents don't seem to understand why I'm so grumpy and on edge. I wish I could explain it.
It can be tiring. I am going turn my phone off tonight and enjoy some time with my boyfriend. I am already not feeling well and I don't want to be extra sullen tonight.

It can be tiring. I am going turn my phone off tonight and enjoy some time with my boyfriend. I am already not feeling well and I don't want to be extra sullen tonight.
That's a good idea. I feel like staring at my phone will ruin v-day. If I ever get out of work, I think I will follow suit.

I hid my phone under my socks in my closet... I needed to hide it so I wouldn't keep staring at it!

Last edited:
Sorry kids but I'm going to admit that as hard as I try to be positive the bitterness is starting to seep out every pore. I couldn't have done anything more & at this point I'm completely baffled if they don't take me

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry kids but I'm going to admit that as hard as I try to be positive the bitterness is starting to seep out every pore. I couldn't have done anything more & at this point I'm completely baffled if they don't take me
I feel exactly how you're feeling. I felt like I had a good interview and the rest of my credentials are good too. If I get rejected which I feel is becoming more and more of a reality I don't know what I more I could have done.

I feel exactly how you're feeling. I felt like I had a good interview and the rest of my credentials are good too. If I get rejected which I feel is becoming more and more of a reality I don't know what I more I could have done.
Not that i like u are down too...but I appreciate your honesty... kinda makes me feel young again...like 7 & picked last in gym ;)

Hey all! So I have been following this thread for awhile now, just have not posted. However, I was called today and offered admittance. I got called around 3:45 and was in class so called back, but the Dean was out of office or busy somewhere and he did not end up returning my call until 8:00. My last name also starts with an S and I am OOS. I just wanted to let everyone know to not give up hope or anything. I think it is a slow process because he does not just tell you over voicemail but waits for you to call him back. And it also seems to be completely random. Good luck to all :)

Keep your chins up! Honestly I don't think he is done making phone calls, the Purdue 2018 Facebook page has been started and there are only 14people on it and I would assume more people use Facebook then SDN. There is always a chance he will make phone calls today!

I hate that I keep coming back here waiting for someone to say that they got a call :(