Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is kinda weird that there is no news from anyone today. Felt like there would be 4 or 5Yep, pretty much. I wonder if they skipped today? I would hope more people on SDN got accepted...just saying![]()
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It is kinda weird that there is no news from anyone today. Felt like there would be 4 or 5Yep, pretty much. I wonder if they skipped today? I would hope more people on SDN got accepted...just saying![]()
All of the reasons why I want to get that acceptance call from Purdue!!Hi there ILB2834! So I'm not actually a current vet student but I will be in the class of 2018 at Purdue come this fall!!! I have been attending Purdue for my undergrad and have gotten to know the faculty quite well at the vet school. What I want to first say (I know it's been said a ton) is that it truly is a family atmosphere. I can honestly say that getting to know the faulty and some of the current students has been such a great experience. They are always so warm and so willing to answer any questions. And that's what makes me excited to attend Purdue. I don't have to worry about my professors not caring but instead they will take the time to make sure I understand the material to become the best doctor I can be. In fact I was able to eat lunch with one of the professors and he took a genuine interest in my direction and goals.
In addition I have to say that the fact that I will be getting hands on experience from day one is beyond exciting and I believe beneficial. I heard the husbandry course that we are required to take first year allows for students to gain experience beyond just the classroom. I don't want to learn how to draw blood on a cow (I used this as an example because I have no cow experience) when I am in my third or fourth year. Then that's not to mention the applications and integrations course which actually allows the students to apply the knowledge they are learning to cases.
I believe that any vet school is going to prepare us to be veterinarians, however I want to do it in an environment where I can grow beyond just knowledge and have real world applicable experiences. That's why I am choosing Purdue!
I'm guessing few if any calls were made todayMy boyfriend and I were playing a computer game and every time we had a break in the action I would check my phone. I felt bad when he asked me what I was doing.. "Oh you know obsessing..."
Thank you so much for your reply!! This really helps - I am very excited to make a decision more and more and your enthusiasm about the program, the school and the professors has really clarified things for me! Hopefully we will be classmates in the fall! 🙂)Hi there ILB2834! So I'm not actually a current vet student but I will be in the class of 2018 at Purdue come this fall!!! I have been attending Purdue for my undergrad and have gotten to know the faculty quite well at the vet school. What I want to first say (I know it's been said a ton) is that it truly is a family atmosphere. I can honestly say that getting to know the faulty and some of the current students has been such a great experience. They are always so warm and so willing to answer any questions. And that's what makes me excited to attend Purdue. I don't have to worry about my professors not caring but instead they will take the time to make sure I understand the material to become the best doctor I can be. In fact I was able to eat lunch with one of the professors and he took a genuine interest in my direction and goals.
In addition I have to say that the fact that I will be getting hands on experience from day one is beyond exciting and I believe beneficial. I heard the husbandry course that we are required to take first year allows for students to gain experience beyond just the classroom. I don't want to learn how to draw blood on a cow (I used this as an example because I have no cow experience) when I am in my third or fourth year. Then that's not to mention the applications and integrations course which actually allows the students to apply the knowledge they are learning to cases.
I believe that any vet school is going to prepare us to be veterinarians, however I want to do it in an environment where I can grow beyond just knowledge and have real world applicable experiences. That's why I am choosing Purdue!
Womp wompI'm guessing few if any calls were made today
Its too early for me to whine that they haven't made calls yet tonight. I will reserve that for 8 hours from nowI wonder if any calls went out today....![]()
I know, right? It would be like some sort of universal injustice of some sort.I'll be surprised if at least one of us that stalk the hell out of this thread don't get an offer.
Lol! There's still hope you guys! 🙂Its too early for me to whine that they haven't made calls yet tonight. I will reserve that for 8 hours from now![]()
I give it til 10:00 tonight before I cry myself to sleep and decide that I guess I'm just not getting in. If calls started on Wednesday and he made 10 calls a day then he's only let 20 people know...so there's still 60 spots left for the rest of us. Of course these are all just made up numbers that I'm using to try to make me feel better. I've also been trying to convince myself that he's letting those that interviewed on the 24th know before those of us that interviewed on the 31st. All made up craziness in my little headIts too early for me to whine that they haven't made calls yet tonight. I will reserve that for 8 hours from now![]()
I like your style of crazy. 😎I give it til 10:00 tonight before I cry myself to sleep and decide that I guess I'm just not getting in. If calls started on Wednesday and he made 10 calls a day then he's only let 20 people know...so there's still 60 spots left for the rest of us. Of course these are all just made up numbers that I'm using to try to make me feel better. I've also been trying to convince myself that he's letting those that interviewed on the 24th know before those of us that interviewed on the 31st. All made up craziness in my little head
I'm pretty sure they do it mixed. But I could be completely wrong. I might jump aboard the 24th vs. 31st interview date theory.wonder if they do it by last name... or IS vs OOS separately
If so, then I should probably be waiting for an email in a week because I went the first weekend lol! (I really don't think I'm going to get accepted though so I wouldn't be surprised)I'm pretty sure they do it mixed. But I could be completely wrong. I might jump aboard the 24th vs. 31st interview date theory.
I hate when stuff is done by last name... I was cursed with being towards the end of the alphabet 🙁 However, I will pretend this is how they are doing it and hold out hope since I am at the end of the alphabet and OOS 😉wonder if they do it by last name... or IS vs OOS separately
me too! OOS and last name at the end of the alphabet.I hate when stuff is done by last name... I was cursed with being towards the end of the alphabet 🙁 However, I will pretend this is how they are doing it and hold out hope since I am at the end of the alphabet and OOS 😉
I've been trying to resist the urge to do this.We could ask the whole...2? people that were accepted their initials lol
Hey guys! My last name starts with an R and I am OOS and I interviewed on the 31st! I don't know if that helps with anything, but I thought I would share 🙂 Good luck and try not to stress! (Yes I know easier said than done...)We could ask the whole...2? people that were accepted their initials lol
Hey guys! My last name starts with an R and I am OOS and I interviewed on the 31st! I don't know if that helps with anything, but I thought I would share 🙂 Good luck and try not to stress! (Yes I know easier said than done...)
So much for that theory 😵Haha my initials are A.K.



CONGRATS Ashgirl!!!AHHHH I received the phone call! I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!
I was taking a nap after class, and my phone went off- it was Dean Reed! It was comical because as he was talking I was dancing and jumping around while trying to stay composed... After my mess of an interview (Or at least I thought I did badly), I wasn't expecting to get in. I just can't believe it!!!![]()

Me too :/I'm now staring at my phone at work, trying to will it to ring. I have a feeling its going to be a sad valentine's day.
My parents don't seem to understand why I'm so grumpy and on edge. I wish I could explain it.I'm now staring at my phone at work, trying to will it to ring. I have a feeling its going to be a sad valentine's day.
It can be tiring. I am going turn my phone off tonight and enjoy some time with my boyfriend. I am already not feeling well and I don't want to be extra sullen tonight.My parents don't seem to understand why I'm so grumpy and on edge. I wish I could explain it.
That's a good idea. I feel like staring at my phone will ruin v-day. If I ever get out of work, I think I will follow suit.It can be tiring. I am going turn my phone off tonight and enjoy some time with my boyfriend. I am already not feeling well and I don't want to be extra sullen tonight.
I need someone to take my phone and hide it from me!I hid my phone under my socks in my closet... I needed to hide it so I wouldn't keep staring at it!
I feel exactly how you're feeling. I felt like I had a good interview and the rest of my credentials are good too. If I get rejected which I feel is becoming more and more of a reality I don't know what I more I could have done.Sorry kids but I'm going to admit that as hard as I try to be positive the bitterness is starting to seep out every pore. I couldn't have done anything more & at this point I'm completely baffled if they don't take me
Not that i like u are down too...but I appreciate your honesty... kinda makes me feel young again...like 7 & picked last in gym 😉I feel exactly how you're feeling. I felt like I had a good interview and the rest of my credentials are good too. If I get rejected which I feel is becoming more and more of a reality I don't know what I more I could have done.
I need someone to take my computer away from me, so that I can stop stalking SDN, lolI need someone to take my phone and hide it from me!
Same 🤔Not that i like u are down too...but I appreciate your honesty... kinda makes me feel young again...like 7 & picked last in gym 😉
Me too 🙁I hate that I keep coming back here waiting for someone to say that they got a call 🙁
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.