You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2018 Applicants!
Started by Ashgirl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey all, keep your chin up! There are many different types of love, so Valentines does not need to be just focused on romantic love. Spend some time with people you care about (friends, family) and let them know how much you love them and appreciate them in your lives. =) And for the girls on this thread who complained that their boyfriends don't do anything special, remember that guys can be pretty clueless at times and may need specific directions for how to make you happy. Guys don't always get what is implied and can't read your mind, so tell them what you want and how you would like to spend valentines day with them. If they don't appreciate you, then you deserve better.Oh I'm with you!! I'm forever alone too! Even more to be depressed about this week!!
I totally told mine how disappointed and hurt I was that he didn't do anything for me. even told him all I wanted was a card or some small thing that he could express himself to me through, and I don't think he listened at all. he brushed it off like it didn't matter. I bought this record for him for valentines day this year, but I really like the record and i'm thinking about keeping it for myself instead XDHey all, keep your chin up! There are many different types of love, so Valentines does not need to be just focused on romantic love. Spend some time with people you care about (friends, family) and let them know how much you love them and appreciate them in your lives. =) And for the girls on this thread who complained that their boyfriends don't do anything special, remember that guys can be pretty clueless at times and may need specific directions for how to make you happy. Guys don't always get what is implied and can't read your mind, so tell them what you want and how you would like to spend valentines day with them. If they don't appreciate you, then you deserve better.
oh yeah and I'll be working valentines day... which means I get to serve other ladies whose boyfriends are spoiling them by taking them to the restaurant that I work at. lol! Well, hopefully I make REALLY good money to make up for the annoyingness of that situation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This wait is killing me. I keep having nonsensical anxiety dreams so when I wake up, I'm more tired than when I went to bed. Last night I had a dream that not only Purdue rejected me, but they demoted me back to highschool for being so dumb. Harsh.
Wow, what a terrible dream 😱
Me too!!!!Im so anxious to hear back!!!
I'm really tempted to e-mail them and be like "WHEN?!" but I don't know how to phrase it without sounding like a crazy person.
Lol! I'm with ya! I don't know how they think I'm suppose to study!!I'm really tempted to e-mail them and be like "WHEN?!" but I don't know how to phrase it without sounding like a crazy person.
Wellll I emailed them...don't know if they will respond lol
Lol! Like I'm sure no one has ever hounded them on this before. I don't think it would be interpreted as "crazy" just unoriginal. 😉I'm really tempted to e-mail them and be like "WHEN?!" but I don't know how to phrase it without sounding like a crazy person.
I'm surprized reading years past where people had asked. I once received a less than pleasant response to a follow up email since I was mistaken to be part of the current cycle. Granted they sent an apology soon after but that experience was enough to discourage me from asking now (and gives the impression plenty of people do ask and they don't care to hear it)
I'm a little disappointed that we seem to lack the good samaritan vet student who freely gives insider information that other application cycles have had on this forum. I'd like to think we haven't heard anything just because nothing is going on.
Oh Geeze Squirrel. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so cynical
Got wait listed at Iowa State... However, Purdue is my top choice... Come on Purdue... I know you want me 😉
At this rate, it's not going to be until next week. :sigh:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's awesome! I'm surprised they're calling so late!! Now I'm freaking out!Dean Reed just left me a voicemail!!!!
It's soooo late!!! Congratulations!Dean Reed just left me a voicemail!!!!
Now I won't be sleeping tonight starring at my phone all night!
I'm glad that he will leave a voicemail in case you miss the call!
Are you IS or OOS?He was sooo sweet 🙂
Are you IS or OOS?
OOS Pennsylvania!
Eek! Congrats Cowdoctr!!!
...and so it begins
...and so it begins
Eek! Congrats Cowdoctr!!!
...and so it begins
Was just about to type "And so it begins..." too!!! But you beat me to it! 😛
now up until this point I was manageable but now I think someone may have to hit me in the head with a hammer to go to sleep
I wonder why he's calling so late? Not complaining, I would be happy to get a call anytime day or night! Just wondering and makes me think- has he been calling people all day but those people just aren't on or haven't posted on SDN?? What if that means he's done calling?? Ahh just being paranoid!
CONGRATS!!!!ACCEPTED TO PURDUE!!!
guys don't freak out. it sounds like they made calls over ~ 3 days last year, so we have time!!
Nah its all good...remember its not over til we get an email saying we're not cool enough to sit with the cool kids...even then... my mom says I'm coolI wonder why he's calling so late? Not complaining, I would be happy to get a call anytime day or night! Just wondering and makes me think- has he been calling people all day but those people just aren't on or haven't posted on SDN?? What if that means he's done calling?? Ahh just being paranoid!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That was exactly my thought this morning when I "woke up" after not sleeping all night.I wonder why he's calling so late? Not complaining, I would be happy to get a call anytime day or night! Just wondering and makes me think- has he been calling people all day but those people just aren't on or haven't posted on SDN?? What if that means he's done calling?? Ahh just being paranoid!
I'm glad I didn't check this last night or I would not have slept haha. I don't know about Indiana but we have about a foot of snow & state of emergency soooo I would be surprised if more calls went out.
I sure didn't sleep. Where's home for you? I'm just expecting a rejection letter at this pointI'm glad I didn't check this last night or I would not have slept haha. I don't know about Indiana but we have about a foot of snow & state of emergency soooo I would be surprised if more calls went out.
New Jersey. And my interview didn't go as well as I would have liked it to have. Right now it's looking like I have to apply a second time 🙁I sure didn't sleep. Where's home for you? I'm just expecting a rejection letter at this point
Considering he has to do his normal job during work hours, I would expect calls to start this afternoon/evening. 84 calls is a lot; it'll take a few days!
It's okay me too. I'm not expecting much from Purdue. Just hoping to get off of the WSU waitlist or I'll be reapplying.New Jersey. And my interview didn't go as well as I would have liked it to have. Right now it's looking like I have to apply a second time 🙁
Purdue says everyone will be notified by mid next week. =/
Acceptance calls?Purdue says everyone will be notified by mid next week. =/
No. Just decisions in general. Everyone. I imagine they send out the emails when they finish the calls.Acceptance calls?
They call first then they send out emailsNo. Just decisions in general. Everyone. I imagine they send out the emails when they finish the calls.
...Is that not what I said?
You did, I was just repeating/confirming. I meant to just reply. Trying to work from my phone....Is that not what I said?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, lol. Thought I was going crazy for a second.
So interested to see if anyone gets calls tonight!
Yep, pretty much. I wonder if they skipped today? I would hope more people on SDN got accepted...just sayingIs this what crazy people feel like?
Hi all! I am new to SDN but have been viewing this thread from the start!! I actually received a phone call from Dean Reed (YAY!) last night so I am sure there will be more phone calls going out tonight and over the next couple of days 🙂 I actually wanted to ask any current students if they can kind of tell us some things they really like about the school and things they do not. I loved purdue but am having a very hard time deciding! So if any current students can give us any insights that would be awesome. I know there were students sessions at the interview day but I was unable to attend! Thank you!