Purdue c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The uncontrollable crying fits started for me today. In a futile effort for distraction I've forced fed myself twice, stopped in at the track & checked teeth, been to the boat show, motorcycle show, talked to some guy about bear hunting, & went rock climbing....and here I am still pathetic. Tomorrow's another day to try again & put myself back together.
The moral of the story is if you didn't waste a Saturday fighting curling up into the fetal position...you're my hero

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
At least not to any of us....
Pretty much sums it up. I really hope they hurry up. It seems like cruel and unusual punishment to inform a small percentage of people of their placement.

Members don't see this ad :)
The uncontrollable crying fits started for me today. In a futile effort for distraction I've forced fed myself twice, stopped in at the track & checked teeth, been to the boat show, motorcycle show, talked to some guy about bear hunting, & went rock climbing....and here I am still pathetic. Tomorrow's another day to try again & put myself back together.
The moral of the story is if you didn't waste a Saturday fighting curling up into the fetal position...you're my hero
I'm lucky that I worked from 9-7 yesterday so I was very distracted but now it's Sunday and Monday is Presidents' Day so I'm feeling like Tuesday is when we MIGHT hear again :-/

Presidents' Day isn't a holiday for purdue. I wouldn't be surprised if we get emails tomorrow.

I don't think he's finished making calls.

Just over here waiting on an email...

What makes you think that? It didn't appear like there was anyone that was called yesterday, but he could have taken a day off I suppose..It looks like in previous years the phone calls looked like it was Friday - Mondayish. (So phone calls can definitely continue today and tomorrow even though he started a bit earlier).

I know the wait is crazy, but there is still time left. So don't give up hope yet! :)

What makes you think that? It didn't appear like there was anyone that was called yesterday, but he could have taken a day off I suppose..It looks like in previous years the phone calls looked like it was Friday - Mondayish. (So phone calls can definitely continue today and tomorrow even though he started a bit earlier).

I know the wait is crazy, but there is still time left. So don't give up hope yet! :)
I agree with you Ashgirl. Think about the amount of time it takes to make 80-ish calls. I don't think he is like "Congrats you are in" and then hangs up. It is going to take more than 3 days, especially if he is not starting to call after 4pm. He is the Dean and has plenty of other important things in his daily job duties

I am usually a defeatist, but I am going to hold out a little hope :)

Love y'all's optimism. Just personally think all the calls have been made.

Reactions: 1 users
At this point I'm not expecting a call anymore. I just want to know if I'm rejected or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might as well expect an email. I feel like there's a very off chance that the dean is still making calls. I would rather expect an email and be very surprised to get a call, instead being crushed because I expected a call and got an email. I'm a realist. In the past years the dean has made calls over three days and during the weekend. It's been close to 5 days. ***Group Hug for everyone*** Sorry guys, hope something works out in the end for all of us.

I've just decided I'm waiting until I know. There's nothing else we can do. The wait is miserable but we cannot let it affect our lives. I was so miserable on Friday I wasn't even pleasant to be around and that isn't fair to my family! We all just get to wait with fingers and toes crossed and hope. Maybe he only calls a top percentage who knows. Just cause it went one way last year doesn't mean that it will go the same way this year. I have no idea where my optimism came from I'm the most pessimistic person there is and prepare for disappointment so when something good happens I'm just that much happier. But at this point I don't want to be miserable anymore! :-(. Sorry totally rambling I know.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm considerably better today although I've done everything but study. Granted the 2 classes I'm taking are purely to meet requirements for this program so I'm not very motivated at the moment. I've let everything else go in life for the last 6months. I looked around my house today & thought geez this is starting to look like an episode of hoarders.
I'm not sure about the calls. I'm thinking he's done considering past years. However, the stalker in me creeped the fb page to see there's only 18 ppl in the group & only 5 of them from the day I interviewed. Maybe Facebook isn't s cool as what it was.
My situation is a little different a wait listing for me is kinda impractical & cruel at this point. I'm going to get on with life.
The rest of you should try again, time is on your side.
And should you become a doctor & run into me, please don't automatically assume I should go wait in the truck & not touch any of the buttons or knobs. I've a mountain of experience & the reputation of achieving the impossible. And I'm willing to share because I hate to watch people struggle.
I'll never understand what I'm missing but I'm not going to miss out on the rest of my life on it

Don't give up hope yet! Wait list isn't the end it's just the beginning! If this is your dream, live it! I never thought id even consider applying a second round since I'm almost 29 I didn't want to be any old starting school but you know what, I'm going to be that old no matter what. I may as well be old and living my dream not old and full is regrets. So after my first interview, I told myself that no matter what the outcomes of my interviews, I would be applying as many times as necessary until I got accepted Because this is what I want! And I truly believe this is what you want, you wouldn't be so upset if you didn't! So don't give up hope, you can do it, we all can!!!

I JUST GOT A CALL! Don't give up hope everyone!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
So glad to be wrong!

I may have go shove my phone in my work locker so I am not staring at it.

Just got the call!!!!!! I'm in!

Reactions: 3 users
:love::love:I GOT MY CALL SO HAPPY

Reactions: 11 users
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DEAN REED!!! YAY!:soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
oh my gosh.... This it like wildfire today!

Reactions: 3 users
Before anybody asks me, I fully intend on attending Purdue. THAT SEAT IS MINE!

Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations everyone!!! Can't wait to be classmates! Make sure to join the Facebook group so we can all communicate, it's Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2018 :)

Still no call here...felt really good coming out of my interview too...oh well

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED! Dean Reed just called me to tell me the good news :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats everyone!!!

I held it together all day at work until I was getting on the highway...then some jerk tried to run me off the road and now I've completely lost it. I am no longer optimistic or hopeful.

Congrats everyone!!!

I held it together all day at work until I was getting on the highway...then some jerk tried to run me off the road and now I've completely lost it. I am no longer optimistic or hopeful.
Keep some hope. He literally JUST called me and I'm guessing he is still going at it!

Congrats everyone!!!
s
Yeah, I held it together long enough to get into my car from work and lost it on the way home. Nothing like going into the grocery store with red puffy eyes. MEA, you want to join me in my pity party? :(

Congrats to everyone who has received their calls!

Yeah, I held it together long enough to get into my car from work and lost it on the way home. Nothing like going into the grocery store with red puffy eyes. MEA, you want to join me in my pity party? :(

Congrats to everyone who has received their calls!
Yup I'll join ya...we can drown our sorrows over a bottle of wine!

Of course! Anyone who wants to join in drinking away their sorrows is welcome!
I'm not into drinking my sorrows, but if chocolate were involved it would be a totally different story.... =) just a suggestion, haha

I'm not into drinking my sorrows, but if chocolate were involved it would be a totally different story.... =) just a suggestion, haha
I could do prep cookies instead then I would still kinda be able to study tonight...good idea

Got my call around 4:30 pm. Purdue is my top choice, so excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats everyone!!!

I'm sorry MEA3885...I'm still rooting for ya:xf:

(funny you're screen name automatically translates to the meadows in my head because a program abbreviation is MEA5/8)

What a good day for this thread! I just want to know now, put me out of my misery!

maybe they are saving the best for last...and I like the picture of the butterfly..its kinda soothing, no?

Attachments

• quotes-1209.jpg
    quotes-1209.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 47
CONGRATS, Purdue c/o 2018!! I'm especially stoked for Evilsquirrel and MysteryMare! So excited for you two!! A fabulous day for folks!! Yay! :) :clap: :claps: