Purdue c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arialexis

Reaction score
Hey everyone, figured I’d make this group since I didn’t see one for Purdue yet! I’m an OOS 2nd time applicant that can’t wait to apply! Any other hopeful Boilermakers out there??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Me! 2nd time non-trad OOS applicant, but this is my first time applying to Purdue :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1st time OOS applicant! I am very nervous but I guess it is all part of the ride! For those who took the CASPER test, how was it? How do they score you? I understand how the test is designed but I wonder if there is such a thing as a wrong or right answer..

Hey, everyone! Current 3rd year at Purdue. I'm frequently hanging around the boards so if anyone has any Purdue-related questions (application or otherwise) feel free to ask or PM me.

Good luck to everyone applying

Good morning all! Has anyone submitted yet?

OOS 2nd time applicant here! Really hoping to get in this time! I got an interview last year but it did NOT go well. They didn’t have much feedback for me either so I’ve just continued to work, tried to get research (cancelled due to covid) and rewrote some essays! What have y’all been doing to improve!?

Good morning all! Has anyone submitted yet?

I haven’t submitted yet but I’m hoping to soon! My last semester of undergrad starts tomorrow so it would be nice to have my application crossed off my list of things to do

OOS 2nd time applicant here! Really hoping to get in this time! I got an interview last year but it did NOT go well. They didn’t have much feedback for me either so I’ve just continued to work, tried to get research (cancelled due to covid) and rewrote some essays! What have y’all been doing to improve!?

Nice!! Covid has really but a damper on things for most people it seems like I’ve just tried to improve by continuing my vet/animal experiences from last year and really trying to boost my GPA!

Nice!! Covid has really but a damper on things for most people it seems like I’ve just tried to improve by continuing my vet/animal experiences from last year and really trying to boost my GPA!

Awesome! I graduated already so I can’t really work on that.. but I totally understand covid wrecking stuff! I had a research trip planned in South Africa and was supposed to continue animal experience with alpacas and horses but covid kind of stopped that!

Awesome! I graduated already so I can’t really work on that.. but I totally understand covid wrecking stuff! I had a research trip planned in South Africa and was supposed to continue animal experience with alpacas and horses but covid kind of stopped that!

Omg that would have been amazing I feel like this cycle is going to be completely unlike any application cycle before, because so many people had their plans for experience cancelled, interviews may be online or not happen at all, and schools are trying new things like CASPer... it’ll be interesting for sure!

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg that would have been amazing I feel like this cycle is going to be completely unlike any application cycle before, because so many people had their plans for experience cancelled, interviews may be online or not happen at all, and schools are trying new things like CASPer... it’ll be interesting for sure!

I’m just hoping people don’t take advantage and say they had more planned or whatnot. I don’t know how schools would verify we really had these experiences set up

Hi guys !

I already submitted my application ! I am so nervous for the Casper test. Did anyone already took it that can give some tips?

I understand you! I already graduated so I can’t do anything about grades. I had a summer research on sharks planned and due to COVID it was cancelled. I also was trying to continue my animal experiences but for the same reason I could not. It is very difficult to gain any kind of experience right now and that is a bummer

Hi guys !

I already submitted my application ! I am so nervous for the Casper test. Did anyone already took it that can give some tips?

Have you checked out the Casper site? They have some practice tests so you can get comfortable. I’m taking mine the 25th of September. When is yours scheduled?

Have you checked out the Casper site? They have some practice tests so you can get comfortable. I’m taking mine the 25th of September. When is yours scheduled?

Yes! I have not taken the practice test as I wanted to first research and prepare myself for it. I will be taking mine the 13th of October...pretty late. I am kinda pretty scheduled for September

Yes! I have not taken the practice test as I wanted to first research and prepare myself for it. I will be taking mine the 13th of October...pretty late. I am kinda pretty scheduled for September

Is it okay to take it that late? I thought they needed results by then? They usually take 3 weeks to get to the school.

Is it okay to take it that late? I thought they needed results by then? They usually take 3 weeks to get to the school.

I had the same concern, but I sent an email to the school and they said that October 13th is the last day I can take it, therefore, taking it that same day won’t affect me.

Hi guys !

I actually just took Casper today! I was a little nervous for it but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be at all. I definitely recommend taking the practice test on the Casper site cuz it’s the exact same format & time constraints as the real test!

Reactions: 2 users
I actually just took Casper today! I was a little nervous for it but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be at all. I definitely recommend taking the practice test on the Casper site cuz it’s the exact same format & time constraints as the real test!
Thank you so much for that ! I am sure you did great!

Hi guys!

Hope you are all doing good.

I wanted to ask, if any of you did the Snapshot of CASPER or even know if it is required

Hi guys!

Hope you are all doing good.

I wanted to ask, if any of you did the Snapshot of CASPER or even know if it is required
I did the Snapshot. I got an email from CASPer a week after I took the actual test saying one of the schools I listed required the Snapshot but they couldn't say which one, so naturally I freaked out and did the Snapshot that day. The next morning, I got a follow-up email from CASPer saying that they made a mistake and actually none of the six schools I listed needed it... :rolleyes: I'm not sure if it helps you to do "extra" or if the schools will even look at the Snapshot if it isn't required. For what it's worth, I thought the questions were way easier than the actual CASPer, but I still probably wouldn't have done it if they hadn't told me it was required.

I did the Snapshot. I got an email from CASPer a week after I took the actual test saying one of the schools I listed required the Snapshot but they couldn't say which one, so naturally I freaked out and did the Snapshot that day. The next morning, I got a follow-up email from CASPer saying that they made a mistake and actually none of the six schools I listed needed it... :rolleyes: I'm not sure if it helps you to do "extra" or if the schools will even look at the Snapshot if it isn't required. For what it's worth, I thought the questions were way easier than the actual CASPer, but I still probably wouldn't have done it if they hadn't told me it was required.

Nice to know !

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am sure you did great

We still have some time. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe interviews are held on the last two Fridays in January.

Has anyone seen any information regarding if interviews will be in person or online this year?

Has anyone seen any information regarding if interviews will be in person or online this year?
I'm a first year, and I'm 98% sure they will be online.

Checked my application status and I am now: Verified and Under Review!

They are making progress!

Reactions: 4 users
Also just got this email:

Thank you for your interest in the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine. Once again we are fortunate to have received a number of applications. As a result, we are diligently working to prepare the files for admission review.

Currently, we have received your application, and it is now in our review process. We will only contact you if we have questions regarding your application.

In early to mid-December you will be contacted alerting you to your admissions status of either "offer interview" or "no longer under consideration".

At this time, we are unable to provide individual status updates for each applicant, so any request for updates will not be honored.

If you have any questions please feel free to send an email to [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine. Once again we are fortunate to have received a number of applications. As a result, we are diligently working to prepare the files for admission review.

Currently, we have received your application, and it is now in our review process. We will only contact you if we have questions regarding your application.

In early to mid-December you will be contacted alerting you to your admissions status of either "offer interview" or "no longer under consideration".

At this time, we are unable to provide individual status updates for each applicant, so any request for updates will not be honored.

If you have any questions please feel free to send an email to [email protected].

Just got this email as well and had a mini heart attack! xD

Reactions: 1 users

Same here!! So excited to learn that we will hear something before the new year!

My email came the 2nd Friday in December last year. Usually the day finals end, which is the 11th this year. I know they received over 1500 applications this cycle. Good luck!

My email came the 2nd Friday in December last year. Usually the day finals end, which is the 11th this year. I know they received over 1500 applications this cycle. Good luck!

Are you a current first year?

How is it there during all of this? Are classes in person or online?
First years are entirely in person, which has been great. Second and third years are about half and half. Fourth years are in the clinics. We get randomly tested quite frequently. Obviously some things are the same for us which stinks but much better than a lot of the other vet schools that are all online.

I'm a current 4th year student in clinics. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me!