You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2025 Applicants
Started by arialexis
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I never got a link, could someone post it in this? I have been receiving their emails otherwise maybe I accidentally deleted it?Yes! You should’ve gotten a link to it in an email a while back.
I would except I think it is an individualized link. For example, my link has my name in it and takes me straight to my individual status.I never got a link, could someone post it in this? I have been receiving their emails otherwise maybe I accidentally deleted it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trishchamp
Full Member
Do you guys know any good online animal nutrition courses I can take to complete the requirement
bdominello
Full Member
Do you guys know any good online animal nutrition courses I can take to complete the requirement
I don't believe animal nutrition is a requirement, just a recommendation.
I know that OK State, Purdue itself, and NC State offer online/correspondence/distance animal nutrition courses, but as bdominello stated above, I don't think it's a requirement for Purdue. Not listed anywhere on their required courses.Do you guys know any good online animal nutrition courses I can take to complete the requirement
Has anyone found info on whether it’s been decided if interviews will be online or not? I really don’t know how they could justify asking people from around the U.S. and beyond to fly in just for an interview, but considering how a lot if the U.S. is handling itself right now... I don’t want to rule it out 

Has anyone found info on whether it’s been decided if interviews will be online or not? I really don’t know how they could justify asking people from around the U.S. and beyond to fly in just for an interview, but considering how a lot if the U.S. is handling itself right now... I don’t want to rule it out![]()
They will be online - we were asked as first years to let them know what we enjoyed about interview day so they could make it as inviting as possible on line
We won’t hear until mid DecemberAnyone heard anything from them? Or know when we will hear from them?
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
So... with December around the corner (and a history of sending out interview information at the end of the semester..... *cough cough December 12th*.... does anyone know if interviews will be in person this year or virtual?
Also, did they change their GPA requirements? I saw when I was looking for interview information that they require a 3.10 cumulative, just an odd number I thought I would have noticed before.
Also, did they change their GPA requirements? I saw when I was looking for interview information that they require a 3.10 cumulative, just an odd number I thought I would have noticed before.
They will be held virtual. I believe how it will work is you will be recorded and presented a series of questions which you must answer on the spot. The recorded question will be view by the admissions committee. I saw our dean of student affairs recording a video in the hall way that will be sent out around December entailing the interview process. That should fully explain everything. I assume they will also include the information in an email.So... with December around the corner (and a history of sending out interview information at the end of the semester..... *cough cough December 12th*.... does anyone know if interviews will be in person this year or virtual?
Also, did they change their GPA requirements? I saw when I was looking for interview information that they require a 3.10 cumulative, just an odd number I thought I would have noticed before.
I assume you are a current student, thank you for sharing that with us! Do you know when that will be sent out exactly?They will be held virtual. I believe how it will work is you will be recorded and presented a series of questions which you must answer on the spot. The recorded question will be view by the admissions committee. I saw our dean of student affairs recording a video in the hall way that will be sent out around December entailing the interview process. That should fully explain everything. I assume they will also include the information in an email.
bdominello
Full Member
Quick question, does anyone know if we need to send Fall 2020 transcripts?
I would assume replies for interview or first wave of rejections should go out close to the weekend after we finish finals. This year that weekend is the 12th and 13th. Yes, I am a first year. I don't know for sure though, but historically they like to wait till finals are completed. Goodluck!I assume you are a current student, thank you for sharing that with us! Do you know when that will be sent out exactly?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this point the GPA you applied with has already been set. If you get accepted transcripts will be sent for the remaining semesters not on your application. If you have concerns call the admissions team.Quick question, does anyone know if we need to send Fall 2020 transcripts?
Thank you so much for sharing and getting back with me! Good luck in your finals!I would assume replies for interview or first wave of rejections should go out close to the weekend after we finish finals. This year that weekend is the 12th and 13th. Yes, I am a first year. I don't know for sure though, but historically they like to wait till finals are completed. Goodluck!
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
Do you guys think we should be hearing this week?
I hope so, again my exceeding creeping 😂 I have December 12th down as the day to get the portal
I would assume replies for interview or first wave of rejections should go out close to the weekend after we finish finals. This year that weekend is the 12th and 13th. Yes, I am a first year. I don't know for sure though, but historically they like to wait till finals are completed. Goodluck!
As a third year, I can confirm that this has been true for the last few years. It's almost always been sent out at around 4-6ish pm once finals are over. Wishing everyone who applied good luck!
Now I should quit procrastinating and go study. 😊
Do current students/past applicants have an idea of how many OOS applicants are invited to interview?
Do current students/past applicants have an idea of how many OOS applicants are invited to interview?
It changes year-by-year depending on the number of total applicants they invite. I want to say they interviewed around ~260 when I applied and approximately 80 of them were IS. But these numbers have likely changed a lot in the last three years since Purdue's application numbers have increased fairly dramatically.
I'm not sure how many OOS are invited to interview but about half of my class is IS and about half OOS (a little more 55/45).Do current students/past applicants have an idea of how many OOS applicants are invited to interview?
I only received an email - I don't remember having a portal before getting an interview inviteCurrent/Past Students:
Do they send emails and put it in the portal?
arialexis
Full Member
Current/Past Students:
Do they send emails and put it in the portal?
I believe this is the first year they have ever used a portal so I would imagine at the very least we will get an email to check our portal, if not a whole decision email on top of a portal update!
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
Does anyone have a link to the portal? I can't find it.
each link is for the individual, search your email. My email subject line was Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine Application Status
Had a mini panic attack this morning and still panicking a little bit,
I never received a personalized link to a portal BUT when I put my name into the contact us form it was like "hold on you look familiar" and took me to my applicant page (which I've never been on??? I'm so confused????). There's my application status there as "verified and under review".
Does the portal you're all talking about start with the web address "explorevetmed.vet.purdue.edu" then have your name in the URL? Or is there a separate portal?
I never received a personalized link to a portal BUT when I put my name into the contact us form it was like "hold on you look familiar" and took me to my applicant page (which I've never been on??? I'm so confused????). There's my application status there as "verified and under review".
Does the portal you're all talking about start with the web address "explorevetmed.vet.purdue.edu" then have your name in the URL? Or is there a separate portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LaineyLou
Full Member
Had a mini panic attack this morning and still panicking a little bit,
I never received a personalized link to a portal BUT when I put my name into the contact us form it was like "hold on you look familiar" and took me to my applicant page (which I've never been on??? I'm so confused????). There's my application status there as "verified and under review".
Does the portal you're all talking about start with the web address "explorevetmed.vet.purdue.edu" then have your name in the URL? Or is there a separate portal?
Yeah that should be it
I believe that's the portal, mine says the same!Had a mini panic attack this morning and still panicking a little bit,
I never received a personalized link to a portal BUT when I put my name into the contact us form it was like "hold on you look familiar" and took me to my applicant page (which I've never been on??? I'm so confused????). There's my application status there as "verified and under review".
Does the portal you're all talking about start with the web address "explorevetmed.vet.purdue.edu" then have your name in the URL? Or is there a separate portal?
I don’t expect to hear anything until tomorrow!Is anyone else constantly refreshing your email? Lol
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
Yeah I’m just gunna try to check tomorrow around 4pm since I’m in Mississippi!I don’t expect to hear anything until tomorrow!
Does anyone know the amount of students interviewed vs amount of students accepted? basically what are odds of acceptance if grants an interview
I think around 280 get interviewed and the class is around 84/85Does anyone know the amount of students interviewed vs amount of students accepted? basically what are odds of acceptance if grants an interview
For those of you patiently waiting like me, I heard at exactly 5 pm last year (EST).
Yes... I have definitely been *patiently* waiting..... not checking my email every 10 minutes since 6 am PST.... noooooFor those of you patiently waiting like me, I heard at exactly 5 pm last year (EST).
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
I keep trying to distract myself so I am not just wearing out my refresh button... it's not effective.
mlangloi95
ISU CVM c/o 2025
The anxiety has been eating me away all day! Currently watching the movie Cool Runnings to distract myself 😅
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
I found Oregon Trail online lol bringing back the childhood memsThe anxiety has been eating me away all day! Currently watching the movie Cool Runnings to distract myself 😅
Has anyone received anything yet?
I haven't + I keep checking the portal, nothing there eitherHas anyone received anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bullcharmel
Full Member
I haven't. I'm OOSHas anyone received anything yet?
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
On Wednesday Jessyca Waddell posted (facebook APVMA) that we would here sometime in the next week and the faculty are out for Christmas on the 19th so it would be before then.
pawprintsandponytails
MsState 2025
And if they don't send it today in 2018 emails went out on a Saturday so there's that too