Purdue c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And I'm a third year here! Also available if anyone has any questions and always willing to chat. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes! You should’ve gotten a link to it in an email a while back.
I never got a link, could someone post it in this? I have been receiving their emails otherwise maybe I accidentally deleted it?

I never got a link, could someone post it in this? I have been receiving their emails otherwise maybe I accidentally deleted it?
I would except I think it is an individualized link. For example, my link has my name in it and takes me straight to my individual status.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know any good online animal nutrition courses I can take to complete the requirement

Do you guys know any good online animal nutrition courses I can take to complete the requirement
I know that OK State, Purdue itself, and NC State offer online/correspondence/distance animal nutrition courses, but as bdominello stated above, I don't think it's a requirement for Purdue. Not listed anywhere on their required courses.

Has anyone found info on whether it’s been decided if interviews will be online or not? I really don’t know how they could justify asking people from around the U.S. and beyond to fly in just for an interview, but considering how a lot if the U.S. is handling itself right now... I don’t want to rule it out :help:

Has anyone found info on whether it’s been decided if interviews will be online or not? I really don’t know how they could justify asking people from around the U.S. and beyond to fly in just for an interview, but considering how a lot if the U.S. is handling itself right now... I don’t want to rule it out :help:

They will be online - we were asked as first years to let them know what we enjoyed about interview day so they could make it as inviting as possible on line

Anyone heard anything from them? Or know when we will hear from them?

So... with December around the corner (and a history of sending out interview information at the end of the semester..... *cough cough December 12th*.... does anyone know if interviews will be in person this year or virtual?

Also, did they change their GPA requirements? I saw when I was looking for interview information that they require a 3.10 cumulative, just an odd number I thought I would have noticed before.

So... with December around the corner (and a history of sending out interview information at the end of the semester..... *cough cough December 12th*.... does anyone know if interviews will be in person this year or virtual?

Also, did they change their GPA requirements? I saw when I was looking for interview information that they require a 3.10 cumulative, just an odd number I thought I would have noticed before.
They will be held virtual. I believe how it will work is you will be recorded and presented a series of questions which you must answer on the spot. The recorded question will be view by the admissions committee. I saw our dean of student affairs recording a video in the hall way that will be sent out around December entailing the interview process. That should fully explain everything. I assume they will also include the information in an email.

They will be held virtual. I believe how it will work is you will be recorded and presented a series of questions which you must answer on the spot. The recorded question will be view by the admissions committee. I saw our dean of student affairs recording a video in the hall way that will be sent out around December entailing the interview process. That should fully explain everything. I assume they will also include the information in an email.
I assume you are a current student, thank you for sharing that with us! Do you know when that will be sent out exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question, does anyone know if we need to send Fall 2020 transcripts?

I assume you are a current student, thank you for sharing that with us! Do you know when that will be sent out exactly?
I would assume replies for interview or first wave of rejections should go out close to the weekend after we finish finals. This year that weekend is the 12th and 13th. Yes, I am a first year. I don't know for sure though, but historically they like to wait till finals are completed. Goodluck!

Quick question, does anyone know if we need to send Fall 2020 transcripts?
At this point the GPA you applied with has already been set. If you get accepted transcripts will be sent for the remaining semesters not on your application. If you have concerns call the admissions team.

I would assume replies for interview or first wave of rejections should go out close to the weekend after we finish finals. This year that weekend is the 12th and 13th. Yes, I am a first year. I don't know for sure though, but historically they like to wait till finals are completed. Goodluck!
Thank you so much for sharing and getting back with me! Good luck in your finals!

Do you guys think we should be hearing this week?

Last year it was 5pm Friday so probably the 11th.

As a third year, I can confirm that this has been true for the last few years. It's almost always been sent out at around 4-6ish pm once finals are over. Wishing everyone who applied good luck!

Now I should quit procrastinating and go study. :giggle:

• Love
Do current students/past applicants have an idea of how many OOS applicants are invited to interview?

Do current students/past applicants have an idea of how many OOS applicants are invited to interview?

It changes year-by-year depending on the number of total applicants they invite. I want to say they interviewed around ~260 when I applied and approximately 80 of them were IS. But these numbers have likely changed a lot in the last three years since Purdue's application numbers have increased fairly dramatically.

I'm not sure how many OOS are invited to interview but about half of my class is IS and about half OOS (a little more 55/45).

Current/Past Students:
Do they send emails and put it in the portal?

Current/Past Students:
I only received an email - I don't remember having a portal before getting an interview invite

Current/Past Students:

I believe this is the first year they have ever used a portal so I would imagine at the very least we will get an email to check our portal, if not a whole decision email on top of a portal update!

Does anyone have a link to the portal? I can't find it.

Does anyone have a link to the portal? I can't find it.

each link is for the individual, search your email. My email subject line was Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine Application Status

Had a mini panic attack this morning and still panicking a little bit,
I never received a personalized link to a portal BUT when I put my name into the contact us form it was like "hold on you look familiar" and took me to my applicant page (which I've never been on??? I'm so confused????). There's my application status there as "verified and under review".
Does the portal you're all talking about start with the web address "explorevetmed.vet.purdue.edu" then have your name in the URL? Or is there a separate portal?

I never received a personalized link to a portal BUT when I put my name into the contact us form it was like "hold on you look familiar" and took me to my applicant page (which I've never been on??? I'm so confused????). There's my application status there as "verified and under review".
Does the portal you're all talking about start with the web address "explorevetmed.vet.purdue.edu" then have your name in the URL? Or is there a separate portal?

Yeah that should be it

I believe that's the portal, mine says the same!

Is anyone else constantly refreshing your email? Lol

Reactions: 6 users
Less than a day, friends! Good luck!! Happy to answer any questions you have about Purdue! 😀

Does anyone know the amount of students interviewed vs amount of students accepted? basically what are odds of acceptance if grants an interview

Does anyone know the amount of students interviewed vs amount of students accepted? basically what are odds of acceptance if grants an interview
I think around 280 get interviewed and the class is around 84/85

For those of you patiently waiting like me, I heard at exactly 5 pm last year (EST).

I keep trying to distract myself so I am not just wearing out my refresh button... it's not effective.

The anxiety has been eating me away all day! Currently watching the movie Cool Runnings to distract myself 😅

Reactions: 2 users
With the influx in applicants this year and just the chaos of the year in general they may also be behind their previous typical interview invitation release timeline.

Reactions: 3 users
On Wednesday Jessyca Waddell posted (facebook APVMA) that we would here sometime in the next week and the faculty are out for Christmas on the 19th so it would be before then.

And if they don't send it today in 2018 emails went out on a Saturday so there's that too

Reactions: 2 users
Safe to say we’re not getting anything today😢