Purdue Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how much does the OOS waitlist tend to move compared to other years?
I have been accepted to another school, but would like to know if there's still a chance to get called off the waitlist at Purdue and around what time does this happen? Do they wait until April 16th, or do they start calling whenever people have declined their seats?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how much does the OOS waitlist tend to move compared to other years?
I have been accepted to another school, but would like to know if there's still a chance to get called off the waitlist at Purdue and around what time does this happen? Do they wait until April 16th, or do they start calling whenever people have declined their seats?
Thanks in advance!

I believe they wait until that day, as people have till then to decline or accept their offer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It got very quiet on here.
Shout out to my future classmates-where are you Purdue c/o 2022???
Hello upside down corgi! ;) It did get quiet on here for a bit. I can't wait until they come out with our class Facebook page so we can start to connect more! :happy:

Hello upside down corgi! ;) It did get quiet on here for a bit. I can't wait until they come out with our class Facebook page so we can start to connect more! :happy:
Agreed! Anxiously awaiting info- the new Insiders Guide, our “bigs”, financial aid packets and computers. Working on securing a rental now. Very excited about the next chapter in our lives. :claps:

Yeah most of that stuff will be given out this summer.

Hi future Purdue vet students! A current classmate and I are looking for a third female roommate! We will both be second year vet students and can help give you tips for first year. We just signed a lease for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house about 10 minutes away from the vet school. It has all updated appliances, paint, and carpet as well as a nice fenced in yard out back. It appears to be a nice, quiet neighborhood. Rent is $1145/month. Utilities online are quoted at $355/month so the total would be $1500/month or $500/person (possibly even less if we keep utilities down). Please message me if interested! I can send you pics as well and answer any other questions. We'd love for another vet student to go to church with us on Sundays!

Hi guys! Did anyone else get their financial aid package email today? I haven't accepted my offer yet but I want to access and see my awards but I need to set up a myPurdue account but I don't have a 10 digit account number. Is anyone else going through something similar?

Hi guys! Did anyone else get their financial aid package email today? I haven't accepted my offer yet but I want to access and see my awards but I need to set up a myPurdue account but I don't have a 10 digit account number. Is anyone else going through something similar?

The 10 digit number should have been sent with a previous email about accepting or declining your spot. You don't have to make a decision yet but that's how I got mine.

The 10 digit number should have been sent with a previous email about accepting or declining your spot. You don't have to make a decision yet but that's how I got mine.

I just dug through my emails and found it! Thank you so much!

Where can we find out what the tuition for 2018-2019 would be?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they said at the Financial Aid meeting that the tuition is set to stay the same this year as it had for six years now. So I've been going off Purdue's site for the 2017-2018 year

I see. I thought they said that they were not sure if the tuition would go up this year considering that it hasn’t changed for the past couple of years.

Also just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything that they sent out :p

I see. I thought they said that they were not sure if the tuition would go up this year considering that it hasn’t changed for the past couple of years.

Also just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything that they sent out :p

Okay. I thought they said the cost should stay the same this year but they had no idea about the years following this year. Perhaps I misheard but that's all I know.

Anyone on the alternate list heard anything yet? I know it’s quite early...

You'll likely not hear off the alternate list until the official date to accept/reject offers I believe.
Anyone on the alternate list heard anything yet? I know it’s quite early...

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any thoughts on the new curriculum? I'm actually kinda excited and it sounds like we might be in the actual teaching hospital a lot sooner.

Anyone have any thoughts on the new curriculum? I'm actually kinda excited and it sounds like we might be in the actual teaching hospital a lot sooner.
Where do we get more info on that? I haven't seen anything on the CVM website

It's something they're still actively working on. I'm sure more information will be available to you during your orientation, or maybe closer to it. :) They're completely reformatting many aspects, so get excited.

Can a current student tell me what kind of stethoscope we receive, and is that what you used, or
Should I still plan on bringing one? Thank you

Can a current student tell me what kind of stethoscope we receive, and is that what you used, or
Should I still plan on bringing one? Thank you

We got a basic littmann classic (I think this one: Littmann Classic III Stethoscope: Black 5620)

I bought a cardiology one myself in preparation for 4th year, as the classic doesn't always let you hear the more subtle sounds.

We got a basic littmann classic (I think this one: Littmann Classic III Stethoscope: Black 5620)

I bought a cardiology one myself in preparation for 4th year, as the classic doesn't always let you hear the more subtle sounds.

One of the vets I work with now (she graduated in 2017) said she got the Littmann Classic III and she also upgraded to the Cardiology for her last year. I imagine we'll get the same.

I got the e-mail today about the alternate list potentially moving/letting them know if yu don’t want your spot on the list and my heart skipped a beat. Any other OOS waitlisters still holding out hope and watching this thread like a hawk??

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys - I just declined my OOS acceptance. I was really struggling between Penn and Purdue for awhile there, but ultimately decided to stick with the in-state that's five minutes from my current house. Although somewhat heartbroken, I hope my seat goes to an awesome SDN-er!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got the e-mail today about the alternate list potentially moving/letting them know if yu don’t want your spot on the list and my heart skipped a beat. Any other OOS waitlisters still holding out hope and watching this thread like a hawk??
I am also still holding hope!

OOS alternate - JUST GOT PULLED OFF THE WAITLIST!! So so happy! Purdue is my dream school!!!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS alternate - JUST GOT PULLED OFF THE WAITLIST!! So so happy! Purdue is my dream school!!!
Congratulations!!!!! :claps::claps::clap:
Me too!!! I got a call earlier today!

Reactions: 4 users
CONGRATS! Can't wait to meet everyone :biglove:
Thank you, I'm very excited!!!!
Quick question: does the deposit go towards paying part of tuition? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if they’ll also email you at some point about getting off the waitlist? They called me today and I’m assuming it was to pull me off the waitlist but I didn’t answer and I don’t have a voicemail set up. I’m going to decline anyway because I got into my dream school but I wanted to be able to respond and I wasn’t sure if they would just move to the next person if someone doesn’t answer!

Congrats to those who got off the waitlist today! Feel free to message me with any questions :)

Thank you, I'm very excited!!!!
Quick question: does the deposit go towards paying part of tuition? Thanks in advance!

I think so. I'm not 100% sure. I know for undergrad at Purdue it does.

I think so. I'm not 100% sure. I know for undergrad at Purdue it does.

Thanks for the reply! I just read it says that the deposit "will be applied toward your first semester fees." :)

Thanks for the reply! I just read it says that the deposit "will be applied toward your first semester fees." :)

I thought so, but when I went back to look, I couldn't find where I'd read it. So thanks :)

Purdue called me back today. They did offer me a spot off the waitlist but I declined! Good luck to the rest of you, Purdue is a great school!!

Sooooo I was creeping some forums and found this guide a lovely student uploaded - it's from the Class of 2017, but still helpful for me and my anticipation/excitement!!! Thought some of you might be like me and enjoy it.

Attachments

• Insiders Guide 2017.pdf
    500.1 KB · Views: 106
Your class will get an Insider's Guide too :) not to worry! The curriculum and such is changing a lot for you guys, so it will be much different than that displayed above.

Hey guys! I will be withdrawing my acceptance to Purdue. I’ve been offered admission to my in-state school after being removed from the waitlist! Purdue is an amazing school and I know my seat will go to a great future DVM! Good luck to the rest of you still waiting! Don’t lose hope! :)

I got pulled off the waitlist and accepted my seat yesterday!! Can't wait to meet my classmates :):soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users