Purdue Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will any of the ones that have been accepted comment on when your interview date was? Trying to make some sense on how the calls work.

My interview was on 1/26 (morning session) and I heard back last Friday(2/9).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My interview was 1/26 and I heard today at about 3 pm. Accepted OOS but will be declining my seat. Good luck all!

Reactions: 2 users
My interview was 1/19, and I received the call on Saturday 2/10 @ 7:00pm.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a 765 call... from a car insurance company.

Reactions: 7 users
This wait is agonizing. I've just started to feel like there's no hope of getting a call :(

Feeling the exact same. There’s maybe 1 or 2 days of calls left based on last few years of threads. Trying to stay positive.. trying not to stare at my phone.

Feeling the exact same. There’s maybe 1 or 2 days of calls left based on last few years of threads. Trying to stay positive.. trying not to stare at my phone.
They got me thinking what if I gave the wrong cell phone number

They got me thinking what if I gave the wrong cell phone number
Hey everyone! :)
New to the thread just created my profile! Also anxiously waiting to hear back! (OOS)
Has anyone received a call today? I feel like they just starting calling on Friday so we should still have a couple more days to hear I hope!

Hey everyone! :)
New to the thread just created my profile! Also anxiously waiting to hear back! (OOS)
Has anyone received a call today? I feel like they just starting calling on Friday so we should still have a couple more days to hear I hope!

No call here either. I am starting to think Dean Reed hasn’t made calls today. I haven’t heard of anyone getting accepted today.

The last three years they've called for six, five, and six days. Today would be the fourth day... just sayin'.

Try to stay positive, guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
The last three years they've called for six, five, and six days. Today would be the fourth day... just sayin'.

Have you heard of anyone being called yesterday (Sunday)? I don't think they called yesterday...could be wrong though!

Have you heard of anyone being called yesterday (Sunday)? I don't think they called yesterday...could be wrong though!
I was called on Sunday afternoon.

I was counting from the first to the last day of calls, including weekends and holidays.

It doesn't seem like they have a calling pattern at all. I haven't heard from anyone who got called yesterday either, I know someone who was called on Sunday. Let's hang in there, there's still today and tomorrow left I think, maybe even Friday.

Also, remember that being put on the wait list isn't the end of the world - we have MANY students in our current class who were pulled off the wait list! :)

I received my call Sunday afternoon. OOS (Illinois), initials A.C., accepted. Good luck everyone. Remember, several people, myself included, will receive / have received offers from multiple schools, which means they WILL pull from the wait list. Iowa State U will announce their acceptances on Feb 15th, and UIUC in probably another week. Hang in there!!

Idk.. someone called admissions and said they were calling through the end of the week.

OOS waitlist- too bad they don't tell us where we are on the waitlist.

Stay hopeful! A lot of people will choose their In-state!

OOS accepted. I received the call on Sunday. I will most likely be accepting my IS offer so hopefully my seat will open up to someone.

Rejected! But I GOT INTO MY DREAM SCHOOL SO IM OK

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected! But I GOT INTO MY DREAM SCHOOL SO IM OK
I'm glad you got into your dream school! Congrats! :)
And congrats for everyone that got their acceptances! I'm really hoping the waitlist moves!

Would appreciate insight from current students regarding housing options. Is there any way to find current 4th years that will be graduating, that will open up small, single family, 2 bedroom houses for rent? Have been searching the internet, calling realtors, perusing the Purdue Exponent, and Purdue student housing page. Any info is appreciated.

I wouldn't mind input housing-wise either. On interview day they mentioned that they send out a list/suggestions made by the second-years so I've been waiting for that.

Hi everyone!

I just created an account so I am late to the conversation, but I have been reading all your posts since the beginning. :laugh: I interviewed on the 26th, called on Friday the 9th, IS accepted! :soexcited:

I am trying to buy a house close to campus. If all works out I will need ~1-2 renters. Females only. Pets would be allowed. I personally have a dog and chickens. I will not be buying a house until May when I graduate so nothing is definite yet, but if you are possibly interested in this type of set-up (own bedroom, shared living spaces, pets allowed, close to campus) let me know.

Hi everyone!

I just created an account so I am late to the conversation, but I have been reading all your posts since the beginning. :laugh: I interviewed on the 26th, called on Friday the 9th, IS accepted! :soexcited:

I am trying to buy a house close to campus. If all works out I will need ~1-2 renters. Females only. Pets would be allowed. I personally have a dog and chickens. I will not be buying a house until May when I graduate so nothing is definite yet, but if you are possibly interested in this type of set-up (own bedroom, shared living spaces, pets allowed, close to campus) let me know.

Depending on a couple of factors, I might be interested. I'm still looking around.

I have chickens as well :) They won't be coming with me unfortunately.

And CONGRATS fellow classmate!

Depending on a couple of factors, I might be interested. I'm still looking around.

I have chickens as well :) They won't be coming with me unfortunately.

And CONGRATS fellow classmate!
YUS! Another chicken lover!!! Congrats to you too, I can't wait to meet you! :highfive:

Last edited:
Happy to see all of the acceptances! I loved my time at Purdue and West Lafayette and would go back in a heartbeat. :love:

For housing checkout ideas Purdue Apartments Rental Housing and Sublease Search in West Lafayette Indiana
(The vet school is located south of State)

During undergrad I personally lived at The Fairway Apts and also Peppermill Apts
It has been quite a few years since undergrad but Peppermill was pretty quite during my time there. I lived there for three years.

Good luck to all of you next year and Boiler Up!!

Happy to see all of the acceptances! I loved my time at Purdue and West Lafayette and would go back in a heartbeat. :love:

For housing checkout ideas Purdue Apartments Rental Housing and Sublease Search in West Lafayette Indiana
(The vet school is located south of State)

During undergrad I personally lived at The Fairway Apts and also Peppermill Apts
It has been quite a few years since undergrad but Peppermill was pretty quite during my time there. I lived there for three years.

Good luck to all of you next year and Boiler Up!!
Thank you for the info!

What is an average amount of rent per month for a 2 bedroom townhouse?
Can current/former students comment on financial aid/loans and living expenses ?

Hey everyone! First off, for those of you that have been accepted to Purdue, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm a second-year student here at Purdue and I just wanted to post that my roommate and I (both men) are currently looking for a third roommate for the house that we're renting. It's a 3-bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a fenced-in backyard. If you're interested at all, just send me message and I can give you the details about the place. Also, if you have any general questions about Purdue, I'd be more than happy to answer those as well.

Hey guys! I’m a third year female IS student. If you have any questions please feel free to message me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Would appreciate insight from current students regarding housing options. Is there any way to find current 4th years that will be graduating, that will open up small, single family, 2 bedroom houses for rent? Have been searching the internet, calling realtors, perusing the Purdue Exponent, and Purdue student housing page. Any info is appreciated.

I wouldn't mind input housing-wise either. On interview day they mentioned that they send out a list/suggestions made by the second-years so I've been waiting for that.

For the people asking about housing I just went through my old emails and it looks like in early march after I paid my admissions deposit I got an email from Purdue with a link for the my class's facebook page. So once that is set up for you guys it's a good way to talk to people about housing opportunities and roommates. Our class hasn't been asked yet to put together a housing list or anything so I'm not sure when that's happening.

Let me know if you guys (or anyone else) have any questions about apartments around here, unfortunately I don't really know much about renting or buying houses here.

For the people asking about housing I just went through my old emails and it looks like in early march after I paid my admissions deposit I got an email from Purdue with a link for the my class's facebook page. So once that is set up for you guys it's a good way to talk to people about housing opportunities and roommates. Our class hasn't been asked yet to put together a housing list or anything so I'm not sure when that's happening.

Let me know if you guys (or anyone else) have any questions about apartments around here, unfortunately I don't really know much about renting or buying houses here.
What is an average amount/typical budget for rent? I know with roommates 300-400? But if living alone- is 800 too exuberant?
What does a monthly budget look like , if the COL =10,400?

What is an average amount/typical budget for rent? I know with roommates 300-400? But if living alone- is 800 too exuberant?
What does a monthly budget look like , if the COL =10,400?
I live in a one bedroom and it's in the 850 range for rent. One of my friends lives with roommates and she pays around 400. Monthly budget for me changes a lot so I can't really give you a number there. You can find a decent amount of apartments in the 800 range, the ones closer to campus seem to be more expensive. (I'm 10 min away from the vet school)

I live in a 1 bedroom place as an out of state student.
I pay $570 in rent every month, ~$80-100 for electricity, ~$50 for cable/internet. I budget myself about $1500 monthly for all living expenses.

It got very quiet on here.
Shout out to my future classmates-where are you Purdue c/o 2022???