QR on DAT! HELLPPP SO IMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fdat94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 16 days left until my DAT and I am really worried about the QR section. I've taken practice tests on bootcamp and I've been getting 15's and 16's. That is way too low for my standards. I used to be really good at math in high school, but it's just been way to long. My mind for some reason cannot process some problems on the QR.

How is the QR on the DAT? How difficult and if you were going to compare it to a practice test, which test would it be most similar too? I have Math destroyer but its too difficult, i want to try to understand the basics and bootcamp is also too hard. I showed my friend who's a math major and he was thinking twice about some questions.

Really nervous

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like the DAT QR was more similar to Math destroyer than bootcamp, but that's just my opinion.
Edit: I'm horrible at math, did I think up to test 7 in math destroyer and got a 20 on real DAT QR

I did some of the math in the dat destroyer but mainly focused on math destroyer. Took the DAT a while ago (Sept 2015) and just remember thinking after the test that I was glad I did the math destroyer. I thought it was most helpful in preparing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did some of the math in the dat destroyer but mainly focused on math destroyer. Took the DAT a while ago (Sept 2015) and just remember thinking after the test that I was glad I did the math destroyer. I thought it was most helpful in preparing.
math destroyer is hard :(

You can totally do it! You have over 2 weeks! On the real DAT just do all the easy ones then come back to the long ones. Don't waste all your time on word problems at first because they throw in a lot of easier ones.

You can totally do it! You have over 2 weeks! On the real DAT just do all the easy ones then come back to the long ones. Don't waste all your time on word problems at first because they throw in a lot of easier ones.
how can you get at least 25 right? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE :((((

Reactions: 1 user
I mean I don't have any advice for getting a 25 in QR since that is way above my score but I would just suggest you spend a few days exclusively on math destroyer if that's the area you're having most trouble in.

I have Math destroyer but its too difficult

There is your problem. Don't skip math destroyer because it is too difficult, power through it. I just started going through the Math destroyer and it is KILLING me. I've gone through the first two practice tests untimed, and I plan on doing the first five or so before I start timing myself. What I've been doing is carefully reading explanations on the problems I don't understand, and using Khan Academy/Chads Videos when I still don't get it. The videos are especially helpful for probability/statistics problems I've found.

Redo the problems over and over again. One the practice tests, use them to learn which problems you are good at and allocate your time wisely. Work on the problems you are getting wrong, bootcamp has 10 tests for this reason. Destroyer is basically a HUGE question bank. Dont give up man, you just gotta power it through.

I'm taking my DAT in 14 days and i'm in the same boat as you. After reading this thread it sounds like math destroyer is the way to go.

Yup, like others have said, my DAT QR was much more similar to Math Destroyer than DAT destroyer QR, though slightly easier.

Practice and understand each problem in Math Destroyer. Build up your speed and a 20+ should be doable.

May I suggest if you are running out of time and do not feel you can complete all the work in the Math Destroyer, go through the entire book and circle the questions you find most difficult and focus on those. The QR section of the DAT has many varying versions, some appear to be much more difficult than others.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy