Questions about DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docblackbelt

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to both med and DO schools in the next few months. I am just wondering if I could use the same personal statement for both schools or if I should write separate ones? When you're a DO, can you do the same specializations as an MD (oncology, cardiology, orthopedics)?
 
No, you're a witch doctor for the bones, hence an osteopath.

Seriously, don't apply to DO school if you have no idea of what it is and what the degree allows you to do or not to do.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With a 20 and a 3.1 I hope by the next few months you mean retaking the mcat and next cycle....