Random non-Pre-Allo and only peripherally related to Pre-Allo thread - Part 2!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm bored at work so I thought I'd join in on the randomness. I'm not a big country fan, so I'm gonna have to go with the Beatles.

Most of Elvis's stuff though isn't country at all. Its more blues. But I can respect your decision ..... :(

Members don't see this ad.

Are you what people refer to as a "groupie"? I never fully understood that term...

Haha.. Since I'm dating the lead singer of a band, I'm kind of thrust into that role automatically. My other roles include manager, sound tech, and roadie. But my main role is to sit in the audience, drink jack and cokes, and yell "Play Freebird!" when I am drunk enough to do so. :D

oh man I love that song...

Haha.. Since I'm dating the lead singer of a band, I'm kind of thrust into that role automatically. My other roles include manager, sound tech, and roadie. But my main role is to sit in the audience, drink jack and cokes, and yell "Play Freebird!" when I am drunk enough to do so. :D

oh man I love that song...

Heck yeh, I love meeting Skynyrd fans. I have seen them 8 times in concert. :horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
Heck yeh, I love meeting Skynyrd fans. I have seen them 8 times in concert. :horns:

Do you ever shout out "Play some Skynyrd! Stairway to Freebird! Yeeeeaaaaah!!!" just to see the confused look on peoples' faces? (obviously this would not work at the concert itself, but it works well in bars)

Do you ever shout out "Play some Skynyrd! Stairway to Freebird! Yeeeeaaaaah!!!" just to see the confused look on peoples' faces? (obviously this would not work at the concert itself, but it works well in bars)

Ha. Can't say that I have. But I could really go for some Gimmie 3 Steps or even some mellow Curtis Loew right about now. Where is that Jack anyway, i'm getting kinda parched thinkin about it.

Most of Elvis's stuff though isn't country at all. Its more blues. But I can respect your decision ..... :(

Hmm, perhaps I just don't listen to enough Elvis. I do enjoy some blues, though not for extended periods of time. I really like Stevie Ray Vaughan. And thank you for respecting my tastes rather than telling me they're "wrong". That's pretty much my biggest pet peeve.

Hmm, perhaps I just don't listen to enough Elvis. I do enjoy some blues, though not for extended periods of time. I really like Stevie Ray Vaughan. And thank you for respecting my tastes rather than telling me they're "wrong". That's pretty much my biggest pet peeve.

Stevie Ray Vaughn could play the heck out of a guitar. :thumbup: Damn shame about the crash. No telling what he could have done. Same with John Lennon and Elvis too, had they lived longer.

They actually have a video of Fat Elvis (owner of the Old Bowie Town Grille) performing on You Tube, which is nuts, b/c you can find me in that bar 3 nights a week... this is one of his earlier and not so great performances, but i'm sure those of you with a sense of humor can appreciate it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u91t1eEUEWU

Enjoy!

Resurrecting yet again ... :D Wish I could put myself into a medically induced coma until decisions arrive.

Resurrecting yet again ... :D Wish I could put myself into a medically induced coma until decisions arrive.

How about an alcohol induced coma instead?

My bf's Irish punk band is being fought over by two bars to play St. Patrick's Day. They always play Irish drinking songs anyway, but I have a feeling this is going to be their best show yet.. plus St. Patrick's Day is on a Saturday, so I don't have to worry about work the next morning.. :)

So I am looking forward to that. Trying to keep my mind off of med school. I'm a little depressed about it, but I know, worst case scenario, if I don't get in anywhere, I'll still have a job next year, I can save up more money and pay off my CC, maybe take the MCAT again, and have more time to figure out what my bf and I are going to do about living together, engagement, blah blah blah (its going to be a little rushed if I do matriculate in August, but hey life changes, plans change, its all good). Truth be told, I always get more antsy seeing ppl on here trying to decide which acceptance to take - Harvard or UPenn ... I'm waiting for an interview invite from my state school for christ's sake..

The only drawback to working in a lab is that you get used to wearing knee length white coats...

have more time to figure out what my bf and I are going to do about living together, engagement, blah blah blah

Not to resurface bad memories but

My bf's family definately ruined Christmas for me this year. It was so bad that i don't ever want to see him again, not even to tell him that he can take the last 2 years and shove them up his ass and go crying to his condescending, self-rightous coddling family who will just tell him he is wonderful and I don't deserve him and he should just find a nice catholic girl to settle down with.
I am confused.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course ;)

Wonder if Baylor adcom will take a batch of special brownies as well... :idea:

I can see it now. You send them your platter of special brownies and they are so impressed that they in turn send you their own special entre': the poop hotdog. Following this mutual enjoyment of delicious goodwill, an acceptance letter follows. :idea:

Hey, good point. I had forgotten about that. Maybe they made up I guess?

HAHAHA... oh man.... Yes we did make up. Stress of the holidays.. Yeah, his family drives me nuts - and probably will forever I'm sure... We spent 4 days that week at his family functions. When we don't have to spend a lot of time with his family tho, things couldn't be better. I dunno, maybe some of the married folk can commiserate, but my bf is the oldest of his generation and the first male grandchild to boot, the oldest of five siblings, named after his father who was named after his father in a big Irish Catholic family... So us talking about marriage is a HUGE deal. His grandparents are anxiously waiting for a great-grandchild, and we are first on the list to produce one, so everyone is all up in our business. In addition to not being Catholic, I just don't fit in. The women are really into their hair, make-up, and shoes, and are all dainty, girly, good Catholic wives who are either stay-at-home moms or teachers at the Catholic school that all of their kids go to. I'm a complete tomboy, so I just end up hanging out with his dad, uncles, & brothers b/c they drink beer and watch football (which alienates me even more from the women, esp his mom). So as the non-blonde, non-blue-eyed, non-Catholic, aspiring working professional, I stick out like a sore thumb. But I love him, so I'm trying to make the best of the situation.

I'm just hoping I get into somewhere other than my state school so we can get the hell away from our crazy families. Speaking of going far away, screw those bastards at Baylor. Just reject me already dammit! I feel stupid for wasting 39 cents on that stupid letter of interest...

hahaha i just figured it out.. its like im trying to pledge a sorority that i don't even want to join..

I can see it now. You send them your platter of special brownies and they are so impressed that they in turn send you their own special entre': the poop hotdog. Following this mutual enjoyment of delicious goodwill, an acceptance letter will follow. :idea:

hahaha - how much easier would life be if we could bribe adcomms with food? Rich people bribe schools with money all the time..

Oh btw, how much of an impact does it have on your application if your parents were alums or employees of a med school? a couple of mine asked that. Or very generous benefactors?

HAHAHA... oh man.... Yes we did make up. Stress of the holidays.. Yeah, his family drives me nuts - and probably will forever I'm sure... We spent 4 days that week at his family functions. When we don't have to spend a lot of time with his family tho, things couldn't be better. I dunno, maybe some of the married folk can commiserate, but my bf is the oldest of his generation and the first male grandchild to boot, the oldest of five siblings, named after his father who was named after his father in a big Irish Catholic family... So us talking about marriage is a HUGE deal. His grandparents are anxiously waiting for a great-grandchild, and we are first on the list to produce one, so everyone is all up in our business. In addition to not being Catholic, I just don't fit in. The women are really into their hair, make-up, and shoes, and are all dainty, girly, good Catholic wives who are either stay-at-home moms or teachers at the Catholic school that all of their kids go to. I'm a complete tomboy, so I just end up hanging out with his dad, uncles, & brothers b/c they drink beer and watch football (which alienates me even more from the women, esp his mom). So as the non-blonde, non-blue-eyed, non-Catholic, aspiring working professional, I stick out like a sore thumb. But I love him, so I'm trying to make the best of the situation.

Blonde, blue eyed Catholics aren't all bad
britneyhitme.jpg

1. she has brown eyes
2. she's catholic? i thought she was just run of the mill redneck trailer trash... :smuggrin:
3. true, she is a skanky ho, but she must be seriously stupid to have screwed herself over the way she did by marrying a guy who was so trashy and so obviously in it for her money. then she goes off parading around town with paris hooker, club hopping, with her two babies waiting for her at home.. i couldn't ever really hate a person who was that dumb. I feel sorry for her kids. No one deserves to see their mother's vagina on the cover of every tabloid b/c she is a trashy ***** who didnt wear underwear to the nightclub. What is she thinking? :confused:

Like Chris Rock says:

l was at the club the other night, down at Life, chilling at the club. l'm chilling with this girl. She was dancing. lt was about 2 a.m. l'm talking to her, and realized she had two kids at home. l don't mind the two kids at home, that's all good. But l'm like, ''What the **** are you doing in a club... at 2 in the ****ing morning on a Wednesday night? What the **** are you doing here? ls it your birthday? Did you get a raise? Well, you got to get the **** out. You go. l'm kicking you the **** out. Yes, bye! Go take care of them kids before they rob me in 10 years. You got to get your kid on or your groove on. You can't get both on at the same time. l'm tired of this ****."

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet in the pre-allo forum, given the holiday season. Who else is ready to kill their SO and his/her family after spending too much time with them over christmas? anyone with me? maybe you'd like to kill your own family? anyone feeling a little vengeful? maybe a little bitter? spiteful?

My bf's family definately ruined Christmas for me this year. It was so bad that i don't ever want to see him again, not even to tell him that he can take the last 2 years and shove them up his ass and go crying to his condescending, self-rightous coddling family who will just tell him he is wonderful and I don't deserve him and he should just find a nice catholic girl to settle down with. the only reason they don't say it to my face is because his family is largely blue-collar and I'm going to be a doctor... can't complain about a doctor. Plus he was in a bad mood and I mostly ended up being alone with his family while he was off being a whiny ass.

Anyone have more Christmas complaining to do? I'm all ears.

Well I must have been a bad boy or something this year because everyone else in my family got Christmas except me. I spent Christmas at the hospital volunteering because it was better than spending it with my family.

Well I must have been a bad boy or something this year because everyone else in my family got Christmas except me. I spent Christmas at the hospital volunteering because it was better than spending it with my family.

I should have done the same thing. Christmas just doesnt do it for me. My family doesnt celebrate it, and its just plain depressing to celebrate it with someone else's family.

Dude.... holiday must have totally sucked for some people. I'm not generally one who wants smoke blown up my bum, but geez... I got some nasty a$$ comments on my first MDapps profile right after Christmas. (I just checked it now).

It's one thing to be blunt... it's another to be rude.

yeah, i never filled one out. thought about it and decided against it. there are plently of medical school admissions committees who are more than happy to reject me and my accomplishments, the last thing i need is a bunch of douchebags on SDN telling me what they think about it (not you guys, but they're out there)

Since you said something about it, I checked yours out. I have to say I'm surprised - you have great stats. I'm sorry this application cycle didnt work out the way you wanted it to. Its not quite going the way I anticipated either. Theres always 2008... :oops:

yeah, i never filled one out. thought about it and decided against it. there are plently of medical school admissions committees who are more than happy to reject me and my accomplishments, the last thing i need is a bunch of douchebags on SDN telling me what they think about it (not you guys, but they're out there)

Since you said something about it, I checked yours out. I have to say I'm surprised - you have great stats. I'm sorry this application cycle didnt work out the way you wanted it to. Its not quite going the way I anticipated either. Theres always 2008... :oops:

Thanks. Sorry thing aren't going the way you were hoping this cycle. :( But there is still time to turn it around. I wouldn't give up just yet. :luck:

Fortunately the first link was my 2005 application. I have since learned from my mistakes, but man, it cheesed me off to read "Man, I'm glad you wasted a year of your life...blah blah blah... ". :rolleyes: I think maybe they just got a ton of coal for christmas or something and needed to take out some frustrations. whatever. Some people are hateful pr!cks, and there's really not a lot you can do about it.

Thanks. Sorry thing aren't going the way you were hoping this cycle. :( But there is still time to turn it around. I wouldn't give up just yet. :luck:

Fortunately the first link was my 2005 application. I have since learned from my mistakes, but man, it cheesed me off to read "Man, I'm glad you wasted a year of your life...blah blah blah... ". :rolleyes: I think maybe they just got a ton of coal for christmas or something and needed to take out some frustrations. whatever. Some people are hateful pr!cks, and there's really not a lot you can do about it.

Yeh, its one thing for people to offer constructive criticsm, but there is no reason for just insulting or hurtfull comments. I think your mdapp lookks fantastic. I'm glad that you have met with success this year! :)

Sure there is. Kick them in the balls. :smuggrin:

Oh wait - totally looked at the wrong mdapps link (probably the old one). im dumb. ok so everything worked out great. good. So whats it going to be? Penn State, Pitt, or Drexel? Where is the Penn State med school anyway? Isn't it near Hershey?

I went and saw The Good Shepherd the other day. I think my brow was furrowed the entire time. When it was over my face was tired.

I went and saw The Good Shepherd the other day. I think my brow was furrowed the entire time. When it was over my face was tired.

the previews looked really good - what was wrong with it?

the previews looked really good - what was wrong with it?

Oh no it was great, just very difficult to keep up with. It's one of those movies that you could see 20 times and still not fully understand everything.

Blonde, blue eyed Catholics aren't all bad
britneyhitme.jpg

Oh they are brown. I wasn't citing Britney as a sexy Catholic schoolgirl... more the character she plays in that music video. I would have typed "catholic schoolgirl" in google image search, but I'm at work and I doubt I would have very pleasant returns, so I did Britney, but that wasn't much better...

3. true, she is a skanky ho, but she must be seriously stupid to have screwed herself over the way she did by marrying a guy who was so trashy and so obviously in it for her money. then she goes off parading around town with paris hooker, club hopping, with her two babies waiting for her at home.. i couldn't ever really hate a person who was that dumb. I feel sorry for her kids. No one deserves to see their mother's vagina on the cover of every tabloid b/c she is a trashy ***** who didnt wear underwear to the nightclub. What is she thinking?
Plus, she's still fat from pregnancy.

Oh wait - totally looked at the wrong mdapps link (probably the old one). im dumb. ok so everything worked out great. good. So whats it going to be? Penn State, Pitt, or Drexel? Where is the Penn State med school anyway? Isn't it near Hershey?

At this point, it's looking probably like Pitt, but I'll wait till March to make my final decision.

Penn State is near Hershey... I really liked the school, but having lived in the area for 22 years, I want to see a little more of the world before going back.

Hello y'all. I am mother****ing drunk right now. Do you ever say to yourself, "Hey, life is funny."? Seriously, because 'tis. I'm not joking. I seriously say that to myself (in my mind) everytime something extraordinary or "out of the matrix" happens. It's unbelievablle! Do you ever ask yourself what you can do to set yourself apart from other humans? I mean, not just in this silly, trivial AMCAS process, but in life? Do you ever wonder if there is more in the grand scheme of things? What can you honeslty do to make yourself a more tubular and excellent huamn being and have the most positive influence on humanity and civilization as we know it?

Oh, hello, Orange Cat. *pet pet stroke stroke meow pet* I'm busy typing and hiccuping.

Anyway, me llamo Dallenoff. Weird question, but are any of you not currently applying for 2007 matriculation? I chill out, I learn, I hope, and I pray, and life keeps on chainging/throwing you lemons and sometimes strawberries. I mean, a buddy of mine came up to my school (did a 6-year BA/MD program and was interviewing for ortho residency) and was like "I think this is it." And I was like, "Nah, there's gotta be more to life than just this." (meaning school, residency, work, psuedo-family life, etc., retirment...) We discuessed the concept of reaching happiness and what it would truly take to reach this mystical point and I was like, "I guarantee you, there is something more... [than all this bull****]"

But for real, do you ever wonder if medicine will really, truly consume all your time, energy, thoughts and suck the life out of you? It does indeed require sacrifice and hard work, but have you given thought to what else might be even more important in the grand scheme of your short time on this planet? After you turn into complete dust and random , ******ed carbon compounds, (achoo), how the [f-word] will be people remember you? Will you just be any other sheepish follower, or will you grow a gigantic, excellent pair of balls and lead all the people to a better way of thinking and treating one another?

Well, I lost my train (chooo chooooo) of thought cuz of this gawd awful slow ass motherfuuckin computer laptop, but I encourage all of you'all to consider what else you can do besides memorizing and diagnosing to actually make leaps and bounds in changes in humanity! Waht can YOU do, as a random perosn of SDN, to leave your mark in medicine, science, academia, humanity, time as we know it?!?!?!????

Crap, this sounded mucho better in mah mind, but once again, I had to delay typing this for like 25 minutes every now and tehn due to MS Update and the page file... but whatever.

I like great chicks with nice big titties, even though they are very, very dumb. Why so nice and supple? Why so low GPA? But why make me feel awesome? :confused: :smuggrin:

Great post. :laugh: I'm not applying this year...I'm not even applying next year. I realize that you are drunk while posting this, but I can honestly say that I have thought of the things that you mention. My answer is that I'll never know. There isn't much I can do, but live day by day. I've seen how life can stop or be put on hold at a moment's notice. Wow, serious answer to a drunk question. I like it.

what a hilarious post,, you are awesome:thumbup:

Hello y'all. I am mother****ing drunk right now. Do you ever say to yourself, "Hey, life is funny."? Seriously, because 'tis. I'm not joking. I seriously say that to myself (in my mind) everytime something extraordinary or "out of the matrix" happens. It's unbelievablle! Do you ever ask yourself what you can do to set yourself apart from other humans? I mean, not just in this silly, trivial AMCAS process, but in life? Do you ever wonder if there is more in the grand scheme of things? What can you honeslty do to make yourself a more tubular and excellent huamn being and have the most positive influence on humanity and civilization as we know it?

Oh, hello, Orange Cat. *pet pet stroke stroke meow pet* I'm busy typing and hiccuping.

Anyway, me llamo Dallenoff. Weird question, but are any of you not currently applying for 2007 matriculation? I chill out, I learn, I hope, and I pray, and life keeps on chainging/throwing you lemons and sometimes strawberries. I mean, a buddy of mine came up to my school (did a 6-year BA/MD program and was interviewing for ortho residency) and was like "I think this is it." And I was like, "Nah, there's gotta be more to life than just this." (meaning school, residency, work, psuedo-family life, etc., retirment...) We discuessed the concept of reaching happiness and what it would truly take to reach this mystical point and I was like, "I guarantee you, there is something more... [than all this bull****]"

But for real, do you ever wonder if medicine will really, truly consume all your time, energy, thoughts and suck the life out of you? It does indeed require sacrifice and hard work, but have you given thought to what else might be even more important in the grand scheme of your short time on this planet? After you turn into complete dust and random , ******ed carbon compounds, (achoo), how the [f-word] will be people remember you? Will you just be any other sheepish follower, or will you grow a gigantic, excellent pair of balls and lead all the people to a better way of thinking and treating one another?

Well, I lost my train (chooo chooooo) of thought cuz of this gawd awful slow ass motherfuuckin computer laptop, but I encourage all of you'all to consider what else you can do besides memorizing and diagnosing to actually make leaps and bounds in changes in humanity! Waht can YOU do, as a random perosn of SDN, to leave your mark in medicine, science, academia, humanity, time as we know it?!?!?!????

Crap, this sounded mucho better in mah mind, but once again, I had to delay typing this for like 25 minutes every now and tehn due to MS Update and the page file... but whatever.

I like great chicks with nice big titties, even though they are very, very dumb. Why so nice and supple? Why so low GPA? But why make me feel awesome? :confused: :smuggrin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love it. Especially the bolded part... so random, so non-pre allo.

random comment

I am sitting at work right now with a mild hangover myself and your post just about made me blow coffee through my nose. I would say that you have definitely made your mark on SDN. You should start a "Profound Insights of Drunk Dallenoff" Blog. :thumbup:

They are nice and supple because there is a God. Low GPA because when they are trying to study, they can never see their books or notes. Make you feel awesome because of some Oedepic incestual boobie loving you got from your mom as an infant.

Man i wish i could type that well when I'm drunk. You are my hero.

Bump

I'm at work and have finished everything I need to do, but I'm stuck here til 3 cuz that's when the earliest bus comes.

I feel kind of bad because lots of people keep walking by my cubicle and I'm either reading my book or surfing wikipedia. Meh:rolleyes:

Bump

I'm at work and have finished everything I need to do, but I'm stuck here til 3 cuz that's when the earliest bus comes.

I feel kind of bad because lots of people keep walking by my cubicle and I'm either reading my book or surfing wikipedia. Meh:rolleyes:

haha i feel that way too. i need to leave to take care of some car stuff, so i cant start an experiment now and my PI keeps walking by with me on SDN. I can't stand him.. he gives me 3 projects to work on, and then loses interest when i cant get them done as fast as he wants (like 2 weeks). Realisticially, it takes at least 6 weeks to finish 1 project. Longer if it is riddled with problems like mine.

The girl who worked her before me would work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Screw that. They don't pay me enough to work 40 hours a week, but I signed a contract, so I'll do 40. But I'll be damned if I'm going to bust my butt getting a project done that no one cares about, especially when this is not what he told me I would be doing when I agreed to join the lab.

See I really like my PI, and when she comes to my desk and I'm on SDN or whatever else and she doesn't say anything, I feel really guilty.