RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Strepsils with anesthetic FTW. :thumbup:

Stupid rant: All my friends are getting their grad photos, and graduating, and posting happy "Done with undergrad!" messages on their Facebook. I should have been done with undergrad years ago. I should have been class of 2010. Instead, I'm class of 2012. I wish I'd known out of high school what I wanted to do. :(

I feel you. I just graduated class of 2011. I should have been class of 2008. I had a medical issue that put me behind. I didn't walk in my ceremony because I felt out of place with all the people graduating.

Members don't see this ad.

Around this time last year my grandma got sick with a mysterious respiratory illness. They never figured out what was wrong with her, but they put her on Prednisone for a while and that seemed to fix it.

Well, we just found out today that her left hip is shot because of all the steroids. She has to have a total hip replacement as soon as possible. The surgery is scheduled for June 9. My graduation is June 13 :( So not only will my grandma and grandpa be missing my graduation...but I'm worried about her and hoping that the surgery goes smoothly. She's not that old, not 70 yet, but its still scary.

I'm sorry to hear that EllieG. If it's any comfort, my grandfather had a knee replacement older than that and was up hopping around the next day. My great-aunt had her hip done and recovered well. Hopefully its the same for your grandmother :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not so much of a rant, but just sad.

Today our cockatiel, Cisco, passed away. He was 27 and having trouble breathing the past two days so we were expecting it. My husband has had him for about 20 years and he was in the family for a few more years than that. Atleast we will be heading home tomorrow and can take him with us to bury him back home.

Figures I sprain my knee right before senior week. Horse, Imma cut* you!:mad:

(*This post does not support or condone cruelty to animals, not even against stupid horses who run a 2' jumper course like it was the Grand f***ing Prix.)

Figures I sprain my knee right before senior week. Horse, Imma cut* you!:mad:

(*This post does not support or condone cruelty to animals, not even against stupid horses who run a 2' jumper course like it was the Grand f***ing Prix.)

I get that, trust me. I have, on occassion, threatened to make Coquette into a throw rug or dog food if she doesn't behave. And while grooming Jenny after pony rides last week, I was heard to exclaim "Give me your hoof, you little f***er!" (I was well away from the general public so no one heard me except the barn staff).

Homer: (about their racehorse) If he doesn't win this race, we're taking a trip to the glue factory. And he doesn't get to come with! [/end required Simpsons quote]

Just when I think I *might* be willing to share my new 2br apt with a roommate, I walk into my kitchen and am greeted by a nasty note from my passive aggressive, totally negative current roommate about cleaning the 3 dishes in my sink "so she can clean hers", :bullcrap: which are strewn about everywhere. I had such a nice week while she was gone on vacation. She just simply couldn't wait 24 hours after returning to bitch at me about something.

Living with a roommate = never again. I used to live on my own and had to downgrade. The extra money I'd have in my pocket every month is not worth the rage I experience over sharing my space with someone else. Maybe if that person wasn't an uptight b****. But still, not doing it again.

Waaaaahhhhhh! My senioritis is SO bad. I had a big to do list this weekend and didn't do any of it. So now here I am, 10:20 on Sunday night, staring two papers in the face that I haven't started yet. Sighhh.

Waaaaahhhhhh! My senioritis is SO bad. I had a big to do list this weekend and didn't do any of it. So now here I am, 10:20 on Sunday night, staring two papers in the face that I haven't started yet. Sighhh.

Good luck :thumbup:

I found out today my great dane has DCM. :( I'm depressed!

Good luck :thumbup:

I found out today my great dane has DCM. :( I'm depressed!

((hugs))

Hang in there. I have danes too, my Duke had DCM and lived to age 11. Have you had full workup yet? Echo, etc? How old is your pup?

I'm on the 10th draft of my personal statement. *CRY*.

Dear Vet school in question.

let me in cuz i'm freakin awesome.

peeeeaacccee.

Members don't see this ad :)
My parents are getting a divorce. They've been married 27 years.

I live 4 hours away yet I feel like the messenger since they both have communication issues.

::sigh::

My parents are getting a divorce. They've been married 27 years.

I live 4 hours away yet I feel like the messenger since they both have communication issues.

::sigh::

Hang in there. My parents split after 25 years of marriage when I was starting my pre-vet studies. It's definitely an adjustment, and you will almost always feel like you're in the middle. :(

((hugs))

Hang in there. I have danes too, my Duke had DCM and lived to age 11. Have you had full workup yet? Echo, etc? How old is your pup?

She's a rescue, so approx 8 or 9. She's a petite girl (100lbs, 28") so i am hoping she will be able to hang in there. The clinic I work at did a full work up, she is in early stages, but everything I keep reading (I hate the student in me!) is scaring me to death- I don't want her to die of a heart attack right before my eyes.... :scared: this is awful.

New life plan: consulting services for people taking their pets overseas. It NEVER fails to amaze me how completely unprepared people are!

Also, I might open a bakery. I will be less likely to want to cry on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

Not a rant as much as it is just a sad thing, but my close family friend of 17 years passed away unexpectedly two days ago... she was 51 and one of the sweetest people I know. Her son and I were in first grade together and she was my moms best friend. I've never lost someone close to me unexpectedly before and my heart is just really heavy right now :(

Not a rant as much as it is just a sad thing, but my close family friend of 17 years passed away unexpectedly two days ago... she was 51 and one of the sweetest people I know. Her son and I were in first grade together and she was my moms best friend. I've never lost someone close to me unexpectedly before and my heart is just really heavy right now :(

*hugs* hang in there.... i'm sorry, it's incredibly hard to lose someone close to you. so shocking.

Sorry to hear that, Libster.

My rant of all rainy days: without fail, every time it rains, my roommates dogs poop and/or pee in the same spots in the kitchen. I'm so tired of seeing her "clean" it only by wiping it up. Disgusting...

i'm bored. i hate being home for summer! i need to find a job, but don't even know where to begin to look-who wants someone who is only available till the 1st of august? ugh!

i miss school, i miss having a life, i miss having friends (and i am dying to meet my new classmates!!!). life at home is lonely, my only HS friend lives hours from here. my bf broke up with me last week (probably for the best) but it doesn't help with the loneliness. my family drives me nuts!

i have so much stuff! 2 years worth of an apartment is now in my house and before i can even think of getting it all sorted and put away, i need to go through the years of other crap i've accumulated! but there's no place to go through stuff, because every surface is covered! gah!!! this process is so overwhelming!

pleeaaasseee can it be august now? please? (and i know i'll be back here in a few months freaking out about all of my exams! haha)

Just when I think I *might* be willing to share my new 2br apt with a roommate, I walk into my kitchen and am greeted by a nasty note from my passive aggressive, totally negative current roommate about cleaning the 3 dishes in my sink "so she can clean hers", :bullcrap: which are strewn about everywhere. I had such a nice week while she was gone on vacation. She just simply couldn't wait 24 hours after returning to bitch at me about something.

Living with a roommate = never again. I used to live on my own and had to downgrade. The extra money I'd have in my pocket every month is not worth the rage I experience over sharing my space with someone else. Maybe if that person wasn't an uptight b****. But still, not doing it again.

I've given up on the nicer things and I'm moving in with two other dudes in an awesome house with a cat and 4 dogs. It's going to be messy, loud, and often frustrating, but after living alone for years I'm ready to be frustrated again.

After moving into my new apartment 4 months, ago I've finally snapped! I can't stand the noise coming from my upstair neighbor's tv and his 20-30 minutes of stomping around every morning and between the hours of midnight and 2am on weekends. It's directly above my bed and I can't block the noise out even when I use ear plugs.

I'm praying that I can somehow negotiate a buyout with my landlord next week instead of having to stay here for 9-10 more months. Sleep will be very precious in vet school and I can't imagine staying here during my first year. The anxiety of him not even wanting to negotiate is killing me. :(

After moving into my new apartment 4 months, ago I've finally snapped! I can't stand the noise coming from my upstair neighbor's tv and his 20-30 minutes of stomping around every morning and between the hours of midnight and 2am on weekends. It's directly above my bed and I can't block the noise out even when I use ear plugs.

I'm praying that I can somehow negotiate a buyout with my landlord next week instead of having to stay here for 9-10 more months. Sleep will be very precious in vet school and I can't imagine staying here during my first year. The anxiety of him not even wanting to negotiate is killing me. :(
My SO and I had the same problem with our neighbors. Call the police, they will take care of it;)

Meaning that you've tried to talk to the neighbor or landlord? If so and you haven't made progress, just start calling the cops at 2am. Sure, they'll roll their eyes, but it's no big deal for them to roll in, give the "dude, quit being an asshat" lecture, and head out.

You shouldn't have to lose sleep because of a discourteous neighbor. Don't let yourself.

ETA:
My SO and I had the same problem with our neighbors. Call the police, they will take care of it;)
Oops... I guess I should read all the posts before I just toss out the same advice as someone else. Sorry. Long day today. :(

Yeah, but the noise can't be heard outside the apartment. I think they would just laugh at me because I am complaining about him stomping around at 6:30 am while he is getting ready for work. And I've talked to the landlord and he's given the tenant a letter about the nosie but it hasn't helped. The stomping has actually gotten worse.

If I see one more FB post from a friend who just put down/lost their elderly pet, I will scream. One cat (14) and 3 dogs (12-17 y.o). They all had great lives, but hearing about their kids dealing with the loss of their first pet is just.....hard. :(

I'm still jobless. I know it's technically only been about 3 weeks, but I'm running out of money. Mom says she'll help me out as long as I'm doing something productive with my time. I called an exotics vet this morning to see if I could shadow to get some experience with reptile/avian medicine, but they have yet to call me back (no answer, left a message).

Two more weeks to AVC interview. Boy this is dragging.

So my bf broke up with me today. We've been best friends for many years and happened to start dating while we're 3 hours away from each other. Well the distance finally got to him (while we were together for many days, no less). So good thing things ended before I go to vet school 9 hours away, huh?! Ugh, today sucks.

So my bf broke up with me today. We've been best friends for many years and happened to start dating while we're 3 hours away from each other. Well the distance finally got to him (while we were together for many days, no less). So good thing things ended before I go to vet school 9 hours away, huh?! Ugh, today sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that, I feel your pain :( feel free to PM if you need someone to talk to

The 13 yr cicadas have errupted here in SE Virginia. Not only do we get to listen to bug sex for 5 weeks (which sounds like a siren from a sci-fi movie), they're eating all the fresh leafy goodness on my flowering bushes and leaving their exoskeleton carcasses all over my flower beds.

Figures my 75 gallon fish tank would get an algae bloom a few days before my gf and I are scheduled to leave for the summer (her 3 months, me one month). Damnit. We are fish hobbyists so we will figure out something but I have never had this happen before! I have 3 tanks and have had them for years. Grrrr

SOrry :/ Mine did it about a month ago after 5 years. Through a text message. We've been long distance the entire time. He also sort of tried to go back on it later too. But it's been a blessing in disguise.... I am having so much fun now and not a care in the world. I can't wait to see how my vet school life will improve now that I don't have anyone in another city to answer to or worry about.

I rescued an abandoned 4 week old kitten with a URI about a week ago. Towards the middle of the week, she started doing much better, had her seen by a vet (not my usual vet back home but one near where I live down at OSU) who didn't want to put her on abx because she's too little, and said she'd kick the URI on her own in a couple weeks if I keep her fed and warm. Well it's almost been a week that I've had her now, and she seems to be backsliding. Her appetite is still good and she's strong and active, but her eyes are more goopy than usual and she's got more nasal discharge than she has had for the past couple of days. I also think she might have a corneal ulcer going on. Looks like a trip to my usual vet is in order. Le sigh. It's just frustrating to have her doing so well and then to backtrack, especially with all the work I've been putting into her. :thumbdown:

I rescued an abandoned 4 week old kitten with a URI about a week ago. Towards the middle of the week, she started doing much better, had her seen by a vet (not my usual vet back home but one near where I live down at OSU) who didn't want to put her on abx because she's too little, and said she'd kick the URI on her own in a couple weeks if I keep her fed and warm. Well it's almost been a week that I've had her now, and she seems to be backsliding. Her appetite is still good and she's strong and active, but her eyes are more goopy than usual and she's got more nasal discharge than she has had for the past couple of days. I also think she might have a corneal ulcer going on. Looks like a trip to my usual vet is in order. Le sigh. It's just frustrating to have her doing so well and then to backtrack, especially with all the work I've been putting into her. :thumbdown:

I'm sending positive vibes your way for the kitten :)

SOrry :/ Mine did it about a month ago after 5 years. Through a text message. We've been long distance the entire time. He also sort of tried to go back on it later too. But it's been a blessing in disguise.... I am having so much fun now and not a care in the world. I can't wait to see how my vet school life will improve now that I don't have anyone in another city to answer to or worry about.

Yes! Best to think positive! But I do admit it's ridiculous to break up over text, especially when you were dating so long (my boyfriend did the same thing, we were dating 4.5 years). Stupid boys!

soo...this isn't really a rant...more of a "WTF?"

I'm moving in a month. I thought I was being proactive by starting to pack now. It took me all afternoon to sort through (having to purge a LOT since we're downsizing by almost 400 sq. ft.) TWO bookshelves. Not too mention - there's still a crapload of stuff sitting on the bookshelf for my husband to go through! How in the blue tarnation did I get so much crap and why did it take me 3 hours to pack 8 book boxes?

Guess it's a good thing I "started early" :eek:

Yes! Best to think positive! But I do admit it's ridiculous to break up over text, especially when you were dating so long (my boyfriend did the same thing, we were dating 4.5 years). Stupid boys!

I am looking forward to unattached life as well, clearly there is someone better out there that will love animals a little more (i will *never* date a guy again who is not in love with animals, i had reservations going in and he brought up our different views in the break up! argh)

anyhow, i heard a statistic recently that ~25% of males thought it was okay to break up with someone via facebook by changing the relationship status and sending a message (women ~10%. WTF! what is WRONG with people in today's society?!? i simply cannot fathom how people think its acceptable to break up with someone via the internet or text or something else as informal.

I am looking forward to unattached life as well, clearly there is someone better out there that will love animals a little more (i will *never* date a guy again who is not in love with animals, i had reservations going in and he brought up our different views in the break up! argh)

anyhow, i heard a statistic recently that ~25% of males thought it was okay to break up with someone via facebook by changing the relationship status and sending a message (women ~10%. WTF! what is WRONG with people in today's society?!? i simply cannot fathom how people think its acceptable to break up with someone via the internet or text or something else as informal.

Those 25% of males & 10% of females----> losers! :)

Yes, disliking animals is a huge deal breaker for me!

Maybe it was planned this way so that we would meet our future SO's in vet school! Haha, or that's what I like to think anyway

Maybe it was planned this way so that we would meet our future SO's in vet school! Haha, or that's what I like to think anyway

ya know, i've always said i'm either going to find myself a nice engineer or a nice vet/MD. i've struck out twice with engineers, i think perhaps life is telling me to move on to the next profession!

he didnt dislike animals so much as we didnt see eye to eye. he didnt grow up with pets (i feel super sorry for people in this category, life without pets is so sad). he sees animals more as a food chain kind of thing (we can eat and hunt whatever) while i view all life as precious. and my pets are my kids. he didnt understand that either.

oh well. long distance would have really stunk and been really tough so this is for the best. it just doesnt happen to mean i like it any more than i do (which is not at all haha). and i totally agree-those 35% are huge losers! who does that?!

I've been trying to mix dating into my work and school schedule for the last 2 years, and have failed pretty miserably.

Nobody ever likes to be told that studying is more important than sex. Or that you need to skip a date because you're still at work and you want to help them take the eye out. My genetic inability to sugar-coat anything probably helps this process along to it's terminal point.

I'm vaguely hoping I can get back into dating once I go to school, and find someone with overlapping interests and schedule, but I also realize that premise is pretty ******ed.

Feelings time = over.

ya know, i've always said i'm either going to find myself a nice engineer or a nice vet/MD. i've struck out twice with engineers, i think perhaps life is telling me to move on to the next profession!

oh well. long distance would have really stunk and been really tough so this is for the best. it just doesnt happen to mean i like it any more than i do (which is not at all haha). and i totally agree-those 35% are huge losers! who does that?!

I completely agree w/all of this!! I'm ready to focus on school in the fall and if a cute vet student fella wants to study, I wouldn't be too upset about that :rolleyes: All of those guys willing to break up w/us, their loss. We're on our way to become something.

Seriously, how lame! I'm sorry he couldn't have had the decency to even call or skype!! My ex tried talking to me like nothing happened at all, even though he continued to make it clear we were broken up. I finally had to tell him I really needed my space from him. Now I'm definitely starting to have a ton of fun, and hanging out with friends that I haven't for a while :D

Lesson learned. Never living in someone else's house again. It's not worth the frustration and rage.

I'm totally leaving the cobwebs on the ceiling and not vacuuming when I leave. [/petty revenge]

Lesson learned. Never living in someone else's house again. It's not worth the frustration and rage.

I know what you mean. Such a pain when "roommate difficulties" mean that you are told that you have to figure out a way to leave at the last minute in the middle of finals week because your roommate's parents own the house.

Nobody ever likes to be told that studying is more important than sex. Or that you need to skip a date because you're still at work and you want to help them take the eye out. My genetic inability to sugar-coat anything probably helps this process along to it's terminal point.

I'm vaguely hoping I can get back into dating once I go to school, and find someone with overlapping interests and schedule, but I also realize that premise is pretty ******ed.

There is always time for sex.

I have absolutely no desire to date/find a guy within the vet school. They're great guys, but I am up to my cojones in vet school already I could not come home and hang out with that at night. Thus I've basically resigned myself to waiting til after vet school is over to cultivate a relationship with someone not affiliated with my profession :)

I always seem to end up with salesmen/businessmen of some sort. And I've basically decided NEVER again! That has now become a deal-braker; those *******s make their money by lying to people, so what's to stop them from lying to you!

I've been single now for 6 years! :D No complaints! If I ever do decided to get into a serious relationship, he has to be an intellectual. Otherwise, I will just be bored (I've had too many relationships that were based on physical attraction, they get old quick).

There is always time for sex.

I have absolutely no desire to date/find a guy within the vet school. They're great guys, but I am up to my cojones in vet school already I could not come home and hang out with that at night. Thus I've basically resigned myself to waiting til after vet school is over to cultivate a relationship with someone not affiliated with my profession :)

I don't know. If there were time for it, I probably would have worked it into the schedule by now.

I think, recently, I've been having trouble stringing 4-6 dates with the same person together before they get sick of my schedule. Then it comes down to some low-grade ultimatum between work and date.

Mostly, it's just expensive and boring. Paying for about 15 1st, 2nd and 3rd dates over the last year has strained the finances.

The only reason it would seem like a good idea to me to date from the vet pool is that you're not going to get those schedule conflicts. Both people understand the time constraints, and nobody is going to pitch a fit.

Thank god for the rant page. I pretty much never talk about this stuff with my friends and family. I'm too busy maintaining the Nerd-Monk persona to ever admit that the situation actually bothers me.

/rant.