RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can't. stop. coughing. omg. and the worst is when people turn around and stare. like... have you never seen a person cough before? carry on.
The struggle of getting a coughing fit in class and trying to hold it in after the first ~3 coughs

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
No cough medicines help. omg. this is literally the end.

Reactions: 1 user
No cough medicines help. omg. this is literally the end.
well the SGU health clinic would recommend increasing your intake of orange juice as a cure for this cough. unless of course what you actually need is an antibiotic, steroids, and an inhaler. in which case it is unlikely orange juice will cure you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
well the SGU health clinic would recommend increasing your intake of orange juice as a cure for this cough. unless of course what you actually need is an antibiotic, steroids, and an inhaler. in which case it is unlikely orange juice will cure you.

I really think this may be a recurrence of my childhood asthma. which is scary. I'm getting it seen about tomorrow though. because the only thing that could be worse than a thanksgiving break cough is finals week pneumonia...

I really think this may be a recurrence of my childhood asthma. which is scary. I'm getting it seen about tomorrow though. because the only thing that could be worse than a thanksgiving break cough is finals week pneumonia...
Take care of yourself !

Really wish I hadn't agreed to petsit for people over break so I wasn't stuck here. Have had a really crappy few days and am really missing home right now.

Taking my ancient very easily stressed out cat to the vet today for bloodwork and a checkup because she has started drinking excessively.... I could have sworn my appointment was at 3:30, but they sent a reminder email that said the appointment was at 3. Get there, they sent the reminder email with the wrong time, and now I'm stuck waiting with a panicked, yowling cat.

Everyone makes mistakes, but grumble grumble grumble. Why couldn't this happen with my normal cat, not the anxious one.

Car broke down on the highway on the way in this morning. Of course with the holiday they won't even be able to diagnose it until next week. Luckily my fiance (weird saying that !) doesn't have to work the rest of the week and is going to a conference next week so he's letting me use his car. Still, I hope my car pulls through, this is not a time for giant unexpected expenses

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

I'm home from school and brought my dog with me. My mom let her outside off the leash without me there, and she took off!! I trust her completely off the leash, but ONLY if I'm there.

Thankfully someone down the road from us found her and called me. Crisis averted!

Has some small abrasions all around and raw feet, but I cleaned her up and hopefully all is well. May try to take her to the vet on Friday.

I'll pet sit for you! ;)

Ha, there wouldn't be much insentive for you. I'm not getting paid :p

On the plus side I'm petsitting two very snuggly dogs and an adorable sphinx cat that loves to climb in my sweatshirt so he can be as close as possible, so they cheered me up today.

Ha, there wouldn't be much insentive for you. I'm not getting paid :p

On the plus side I'm petsitting two very snuggly dogs and an adorable sphinx cat that loves to climb in my sweatshirt so he can be as close as possible, so they cheered me up today.

Ooo I want to see the sphinx!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooo I want to see the sphinx!

IMG_3439.JPG
:p

He was at school for a lab and we put him in the cat bag haha

He also was wearing his sweater to go with his hat underneath :D

(Ignore his RBF, he's the sweetest and laid down purring after this haha)

Reactions: 10 users
Speaking of Sphinxes, did anyone see this story from Alberta?
Poor kitty. Though a lot can be said for things to do when you are buying a cat...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/fake-hairless-cat-scam-alberta-second-woman-1.3862718
Yeah like maybe don't just post on Craigslist and not meet the parents or litter mates or look into the breeder , or you know, meet the actual breeder...sigh, people. I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars on an animal with no real knowledge of its history. Of course my cats were both free off the street so it's all incomprehensible to me :p

That poor cat, and the other one mentioned in the article. Wonder how they managed to shave them so thoroughly.

Yeah like maybe don't just post on Craigslist and not meet the parents or litter mates or look into the breeder , or you know, meet the actual breeder...sigh, people. I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars on an animal with no real knowledge of its history. Of course my cats were both free off the street so it's all incomprehensible to me :p

That poor cat, and the other one mentioned in the article. Wonder how they managed to shave them so thoroughly.
Yeah... I paid a fair amount for my two because I was looking for a certain breed (though far less than usual since it was a random dude's accidental litter). However, I met the parents, met the kittens, saw the house, and can trace the lineage of the parents through the breeders they came from. I can't fathom not insisting to go to the house/see the parents. Shows one of the issues with "Vogue breeds" that are all the rage atm. It sickens me that people exploit the naivety of others like that.

There was speculation that they might have also used Nair. Which is the only thing I can imagine actually working that well. Maybe the guy tried to shave it first and discovered that wouldn't work? ETA: If they used Nair, kitty is freaking lucky there wasn't any adverse effects. The warning label for humans on a bottle of that stuff is impressive.

Last edited:
The hits, they keep on coming. One of my step-cats (fiance's) has been vomiting and not eating so I brought her in with me today. IV fluids for the day, suspicious rads this morning. Hopefully the fluids help but i have a sneaking suspicion she has surgery in her future. Let's throw in some more unexpected expenses! :(

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

He's so cute! Does anything in particular need to be done to maintain his skin?

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I've been told they need very frequent baths, like at least once a week, maybe more often because they have super oily skin and will leave oils all over your furniture. They are so cute though.

He's so cute! Does anything in particular need to be done to maintain his skin?

Nope! He's the least grimy sphinx I've ever met. He has really waxy ears and my friend cleans them a few times a week, but that's it.

We did have some sphinxes at my old job that had gross skin and I know at least one of them saw a derm fairly often, but he doesn't have any issues like that.

Yeah... I paid a fair amount for my two because I was looking for a certain breed (though far less than usual since it was a random dude's accidental litter). However, I met the parents, met the kittens, saw the house, and can trace the lineage of the parents through the breeders they came from. I can't fathom not insisting to go to the house/see the parents. Shows one of the issues with "Vogue breeds" that are all the rage atm. It sickens me that people exploit the naivety of others like that.

There was speculation that they might have also used Nair. Which is the only thing I can imagine actually working that well. Maybe the guy tried to shave it first and discovered that wouldn't work? ETA: If they used Nair, kitty is freaking lucky there wasn't any adverse effects. The warning label for humans on a bottle of that stuff is impressive.
If only Nair worked that well for me...

Seriously though, that's horrible.
I've been told they need very frequent baths, like at least once a week, maybe more often because they have super oily skin and will leave oils all over your furniture. They are so cute though.
I knew a client who had a Sphinx and a Chinese Crested, she said they definitely left grease spots wherever they went if she didn't keep up on their hygiene. The dog was covered in acne, too. It took all of my strength not to start popping all of those blackheads :laugh:

I am so tired of these white people being so disrespectful knowing that they can't even wipe their asses. Thank God for the spirit of forgiveness or else I would tell one of them to keep the "Negro" name around their dining tables like they used to before Donald (dingus) Trump won!

Why is this manager talking to me? Please do not speak to me unless it is about a patient. You are a dunce, hypocritical piece of crap(otherwise called white privilege). Begone Viper!!!! Learn from a minority for once instead of being condescending! I can take your job if I were the same color as you with less credentials.

Hi guys, I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around what's happening, so I'm posting it on here to try and deal. My pup of 15 years (profile pic) had an ulcerated mast cell tumor on his leg that was inoperable and chemo failed. This morning the softball sized mass on his leg split open for no apparent reason and poured blood everywhere. The doctors say they really can't do anything else and since it's such a large gaping wound he only has a few days left. I knew this day was coming but I just can't fathom what my life is going to be like without him. I'm just trying to spoil the heck out of him for his last precious moments. I've had my pup since he was 8 weeks old, and I just can't bear losing him. I've essentially melted into a pile of goo and have become incapable of doing anything. He is going to be put to sleep after this weekend and I just want him to stay. I'm going to miss him so damn much I just can't even begin to deal or process. My mother offered to fly up from Florida just to be with me. My Dad's a complete wreck. I told my husband and he had to pull over to the side of the road because he couldn't stop crying. He means more to me than anything. How am I supposed to let him go? Sorry for the depressing rant, thanks for listening.

Hi guys, I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around what's happening, so I'm posting it on here to try and deal. My pup of 15 years (profile pic) had an ulcerated mast cell tumor on his leg that was inoperable and chemo failed. This morning the softball sized mass on his leg split open for no apparent reason and poured blood everywhere. The doctors say they really can't do anything else and since it's such a large gaping wound he only has a few days left. I knew this day was coming but I just can't fathom what my life is going to be like without him. I'm just trying to spoil the heck out of him for his last precious moments. I've had my pup since he was 8 weeks old, and I just can't bear losing him. I've essentially melted into a pile of goo and have become incapable of doing anything. He is going to be put to sleep after this weekend and I just want him to stay. I'm going to miss him so damn much I just can't even begin to deal or process. My mother offered to fly up from Florida just to be with me. My Dad's a complete wreck. I told my husband and he had to pull over to the side of the road because he couldn't stop crying. He means more to me than anything. How am I supposed to let him go? Sorry for the depressing rant, thanks for listening.
It is awful and horrible and the bravest and most selfless thing you can do for him. I am sorry you are having to go through this. Love him, share what time you can. Give him smiles and comfort and say goodbye with as much love as you can. Keep your family close over the next while and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Tell stories. Cry. Many of us have been there and are happy to share stories or just listen. Love your way. :, ( <3

Welp, got a second opinion on my shoulder catastrophe. Scheduled for my second surgery on December 23rd. He's going to put screws and wire in to try and force the bone fragments to heal as one bone, like a normal person would have. Meh, I probably shouldn't have gone with the initial surgery looking back, but the doctor convinced me that all he had to do was file my acromion down a bit (which he did). Now that I have a smaller bone fragment, the upcoming surgery will be more difficult. He may even have to graft from my clavicle. The doctor is confident, though, so :xf:

Some dogs are just so special they really touch the hearts of everyone that meets them. Sounds like you are lucky to have such a special dog in your life, and he's lucky to be loved by so many in return. I'm sorry to hear his time is coming to an end. 15 is a long time for sure a large dog, I'm sure that was due to the love and care he's received over his lifetime.

I'm so sorry Coopah :(

My heart aches for you and with you, Coopah... that is absolutely awful. Sending many hugs your way. It sounds like your pup is very loved and I have no doubt has had a wonderful life with you and your family - that is such a special thing.

So, so very sorry.

I'm so very sorry Coopah :( We're all here for you, I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your boy sounds like a very special pup, and I'm sure you gave him the best life and all the love he could ask for.

Rant at myself for not working on my stupid case studies paper and nutrition assignments earlier instead of waiting until the last couple of days before they're due... effectively wasting a whole day of my Thanksgiving break... urgh.

Rant at myself for not working on my stupid case studies paper and nutrition assignments earlier instead of waiting until the last couple of days before they're due... effectively wasting a whole day of my Thanksgiving break... urgh.
(things ive done while procrastinating all sorts of work...)

Reactions: 3 users
Trying to have a hard conversation with someone who use to be a really good friend and they've started ignoring me. This is kind of their thing whenever something isn't going their way, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but still sucks.

Trying to have a hard conversation with someone who use to be a really good friend and they've started ignoring me. This is kind of their thing whenever something isn't going their way, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but still sucks.
I have a friend like that...it's so hurtful, being ignored. I almost rather them say mean things than completely ignore me. Leaves so much up in the air, lots of anxiety. Just say how you feel, you know?

I have a friend like that...it's so hurtful, being ignored. I almost rather them say mean things than completely ignore me. Leaves so much up in the air, lots of anxiety. Just say how you feel, you know?

Yes, ugh.

Honestly if we hadn't been so close for over 9 years I wouldn't even be trying right now, but I really can't believe they're pulling this crap right now. We aren't teenagers anymore, pulling the silient treatment isn't really okay anymore.

Dog was diggin in the yard last week. Thought he stopped, but it turns out he just got better at being subtle. This morning he came in smelling like something dead so I vowed to maybe bathe him after work. Got home at 830 and decided it could go another day, but he went back out to per and came in covered in dirt and stinky death. So I dragged him back to work and bathed him twice (i only have 12 minutes of hot water at home and I wanted that for a shower for me haha). Investigated the yard, Turns out he actually caught himself a mole and was enjoying its rotting deadness.

Reactions: 2 users
Dear @Coopah,

I am very sorry to learn about your pup's condition. It is absolutely agonizing to lose a pet, that's for sure. My heart and kindest thoughts are with you and with your pup at this difficult time. Your love for him will never be forgotten ... never.

Last edited:
Welp, got a second opinion on my shoulder catastrophe. Scheduled for my second surgery on December 23rd. He's going to put screws and wire in to try and force the bone fragments to heal as one bone, like a normal person would have. Meh, I probably shouldn't have gone with the initial surgery looking back, but the doctor convinced me that all he had to do was file my acromion down a bit (which he did). Now that I have a smaller bone fragment, the upcoming surgery will be more difficult. He may even have to graft from my clavicle. The doctor is confident, though, so :xf:
Hope your upcoming surgery leaves you with a shoulder that is super-healthy and as good as new!

Hope your upcoming surgery leaves you with a shoulder that is super-healthy and as good as new!
Thanks! I'm just a bit disappointed that I've now lost another break to this problem when I could have been making money (I had a temporary job lined up). Oh well, I can't be the only student with an almost empty bank account.

I have so much regret about not getting more work done over break. The next two weeks contain 8 exams and a paper. Like I'm only taking 14 credit hours!? How the hell did I end up with 8 exams. I have to be up at 5 AM and I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, and would kill to go to bed right now but I have to get some more work done...

I have so much regret about not getting more work done over break. The next two weeks contain 8 exams and a paper. Like I'm only taking 14 credit hours!? How the hell did I end up with 8 exams. I have to be up at 5 AM and I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, and would kill to go to bed right now but I have to get some more work done...
You should try getting more sleep tonight. You'll study and work more efficiently and effectively if you aren't exhausted!