RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a reminder to be safe, guys. Life can blind side you and happen real fast.

Members don't see this ad.

My doctor's office in RI keeps sending me notes about missing appointments that I haven't scheduled. I had one back in January which I had called and cancelled but they apparently didn't cancel it appropriately because I got a notice a few weeks later saying I missed my appointment. I never rescheduled it so I haven't missed anymore. It is now basically 8 months later and they are still sending me these passive aggressive type notes with the most recent saying I've missed or cancelled several appointments and that I will be asked to seek healthcare elsewhere.

That's so annoying. I had a similar experience, except instead of the passive aggressive notes they kept mailing me a $120 invoice every month or so. I DID cancel within 24 hours and had proof, I spoke with them several times over the phone about it, but they kept sending the bills. One day, I wrote RETURN TO SENDER on an unopened bill, then never heard from them again. So freaking obnoxious. This was a provider who ****ed up my medication such that I went into a cardiac episode due to a drug interaction, hence my canceled appointment and no intent to return...

If the neighbors dog won't shut up I'm going to go pound on their door. It is after midnight and the stupid thing has been barking for over an hour and a half right by my window!

Members don't see this ad :)
Been having intense back pain for six weeks. Meds aren't working that well and am now having trouble walking without a lot of pain. Doc wants Two MRIs but insurance won't pay for them. Bleh..

Been having intense back pain for six weeks. Meds aren't working that well and am now having trouble walking without a lot of pain. Doc wants Two MRIs but insurance won't pay for them. Bleh..
Is it possible to appeal their decision?
I'm sorry about your back pain though :( I've had a large disc bulge for the past 4 weeks and the pain at the beginning was not fun at all (thankfully mines started to go away some and I can actually walk now)

I'm pretty sure my unofficial LDR ended today and it hurts and I'm acting like an melodramatic overly emotional 13 year old and I don't like it but I can't seem to help it and I don't know what to do with myself.

I'm pretty sure my unofficial LDR ended today and it hurts and I'm acting like an melodramatic overly emotional 13 year old and I don't like it but I can't seem to help it and I don't know what to do with myself.
I'm so sorry :(. I'm sending lots of hugs to you.

Things that might help: journal, eat ice cream or pizza or both, go to a movie, go do something fun. Get out of the house and you might get away from your thoughts/sadness a bit.

Supposed to be going to the beach tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Don't know if I'm gonna try dating or not. As a rule, I'm way too awkward to date. This guy was an anomaly becayse we were friends and roommates first. I've long thought that I'm just one of those people not meant to be in a relationship and this basically just re-affirmed that. I can't deal with this.

Supposed to be going to the beach tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Don't know if I'm gonna try dating or not. As a rule, I'm way too awkward to date. This guy was an anomaly becayse we were friends and roommates first. I've long thought that I'm just one of those people not meant to be in a relationship and this basically just re-affirmed that. I can't deal with this.

I'm sorry C :(

Is it possible to appeal their decision?
I'm sorry about your back pain though :( I've had a large disc bulge for the past 4 weeks and the pain at the beginning was not fun at all (thankfully mines started to go away some and I can actually walk now)
I did appeal and won which was good but my deductible is so high that I don't have the money it would take to get one anyways sadly. Going to see if it gets better, but if not I'm going to figure something out.

Glad to hear your back is doing a bit better though Ski! Back problems suck.

I did appeal and won which was good but my deductible is so high that I don't have the money it would take to get one anyways sadly. Going to see if it gets better, but if not I'm going to figure something out.

Glad to hear your back is doing a bit better though Ski! Back problems suck.
ahhh
yep i have a high deductible too :( it sucks.
I hope yours gets better!!

Sorry to hear about that Coquette :(:(
You are allowed to feel sad and upset over a lost connection like that. It tough losing someone who was close to you, and that in no way makes you any less of an adult human being for feeling that way.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When you buy a $7 birthday card for your fiancé who's stationed overseas and you get home and it's on the receipt but not in any of the bags :mad:

I'm so sorry Coquette. Don't rush into dating if you're not ready is the one thing I've learned recently. I'm a little over a year out from my last relationship and I'm only just really sticking my neck out there. No matter how things end, it almost always hurts and each person needs to grieve/heal in their own way. **hugs**

When you buy a $7 birthday card for your fiancé who's stationed overseas and you get home and it's on the receipt but not in any of the bags :mad:
Oh no ... sorry. :(

[Plus, a big "thank you" to your overseas fiancé for their service.]

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear about that Coquette :(:(
You are allowed to feel sad and upset over a lost connection like that. It tough losing someone who was close to you, and that in no way makes you any less of an adult human being for feeling that way.

I'm so sorry Coquette. Don't rush into dating if you're not ready is the one thing I've learned recently. I'm a little over a year out from my last relationship and I'm only just really sticking my neck out there. No matter how things end, it almost always hurts and each person needs to grieve/heal in their own way. **hugs**

TMI Warning: On Tuesday I got my period (adhering well to Michelle Wolf's Outside Cat theory, it came 5 days early) and suddenly my colossal meltdown made complete sense. I'm okay now and re-examination, was dramatically over interpreting and we're fine.

Stupid ****ing hormones.

Reactions: 5 users
TMI Warning: On Tuesday I got my period (adhering well to Michelle Wolf's Outside Cat theory, it came 5 days early) and suddenly my colossal meltdown made complete sense. I'm okay now and re-examination, was dramatically over interpreting and we're fine.

Stupid ****ing hormones.
At least you're not pregnant!:pacifier::pacifier1::D

Reactions: 8 users
Our moving company showed up today to deliver our stuff. They only sent one freaking mover. I'm fascinated to see how he is going to carry our very large couch, love seat, entertainment system, and king sized bed up to our second floor apartment by himself.

Reactions: 3 users
Our moving company showed up today to deliver our stuff. They only sent one freaking mover. I'm fascinated to see how he is going to carry our very large couch, love seat, entertainment system, and king sized bed up to our second floor apartment by himself.
We got a piece of furniture delivered a month ago and they knew they had to bring it in the house and knew it weighed 450 lbs (two pieces for a bar including a granite top, totaling 450 lbs) and they sent only 2 guys, so they had fun lifting that, while complaining the whole time.

This reminded me of a commercial in DFW feat. Jason Witten (Tight End for the Cowboys)

Reactions: 1 users
This is a rant/rave, but I received a text message today from the owners of one of my first patients as a 4th year vet student. I had him on my IM rotation and they have periodically sent me picture updates of him. (They have my cell # cause I offered to come in on a day off so they could visit during weekend hr). Well today they texted me to say they unfortunately had to euthanize him yesterday but thanked me for helping give them 2 more years with them.

I had been wondering how he's been doing and I'm sooo beyond touched that they thought to reach out and let me know. However im also heartbroken for them. Im going to see if anyone can look up their address for me so I can send a card.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
This is predominantly a rant but I received a text message today from the owners of one of my first patients as a 4th year vet student. I had him on my I'M rotation and they have periodically sent me picture updates of him. (They have my cell # cause I offered to come in on a day off so they could visit during weekend hr). Well today they texted me to say they unfortunately had to euthanize him yesterday but thanked me for helping give them 2 more years with them.

I had been wondering how he's been doing and I'm sooo beyond touched that they thought to reach out and let me know. However im also heartbroken for them. Im going to see if anyone can look up their address for me so I can send a card.
Let me know if I can help with that.

Why must everything in life be so competitive :(

Last edited:
So I had jaw surgery ~8.5 weeks ago, and going into surgery it was going to be double jaw- break both jaws and orientate them as necessary. Primary complaint was that my teeth couldn't touch- only 2 teeth in my entire mouth touched. Secondary complaint is that my jaw popped and clicked often when I opened it. Surgery would fix all of my issues.

We got into the surgery and they decided that they could actually do the entire surgery without messing with the mandible, and it didn't have to be broken like the maxilla did. Which was great! Except it didn't fix the jaw popping, which is now increasingly more frequent. (It's popped 5 times since writing this post). I asked the surgeon about it and he basically said "well... since we were able to do only maxilla for the primary complaint, the popping wasn't important enough to warrant fixing the mandible." He then assured me that most people deal with popping jaws all the time. Which is fine and all, I just wish I would've gotten all of the benefits I was expecting from the surgery besides just reorientating my mouth. I'm not mad, I'm just kinda disappointed.

So I had jaw surgery ~8.5 weeks ago, and going into surgery it was going to be double jaw- break both jaws and orientate them as necessary. Primary complaint was that my teeth couldn't touch- only 2 teeth in my entire mouth touched. Secondary complaint is that my jaw popped and clicked often when I opened it. Surgery would fix all of my issues.

We got into the surgery and they decided that they could actually do the entire surgery without messing with the mandible, and it didn't have to be broken like the maxilla did. Which was great! Except it didn't fix the jaw popping, which is now increasingly more frequent. (It's popped 5 times since writing this post). I asked the surgeon about it and he basically said "well... since we were able to do only maxilla for the primary complaint, the popping wasn't important enough to warrant fixing the mandible." He then assured me that most people deal with popping jaws all the time. Which is fine and all, I just wish I would've gotten all of the benefits I was expecting from the surgery besides just reorientating my mouth. I'm not mad, I'm just kinda disappointed.
I'm sorry egg :( I wish things could be simple. I hope the issue gets better with time.

My jaw does this terrible pop thing every time I open up my mouth.

I know that doesn't really help, but maybe it makes you feel better to know you aren't alone.

Yeah, that's what mine does too, @twelvetigers . On the bright side, it's only the left side. But it still really sucks. My surgeon was saying that like 50 or 75% (can't remember which) of the population's jaw does that. But it still kinda sucks...

I had a similar experience with my ear surgery this summer. I had a perforated eardrum that needed replacing because my hearing was starting to get bad and it was at risk for infection. I asked if it would also get rid of constant ringing in my ears and he said it's possible. So I went in hoping for the best, but it's sadly not the case. Still fairly constant ringing, but it at least might be a little softer. Or I've just gotten used to blocking it out finally haha.

My face is tingling, my head is pounding, breathing is interesting..... my left side is weak. I really hope I get answers tomorrow because I'm not sure I can do this much longer.

My face is tingling, my head is pounding, breathing is interesting..... my left side is weak. I really hope I get answers tomorrow because I'm not sure I can do this much longer.
Definitely hoping you get answers 'cuz you need some answers.

Sending good thoughts and internet hugs.

cat hug.jpg

Thanks guys. Myself and the other resident have been asked to meet with the department head and dean of clinical sciences tomorrow to talk about stuff and what the plan will be moving forward, so we'll see how that goes.

I hope for the best, Jayna.

Any update?

Allow me join the club. For the past couple of years, I've been having these weird chronic pains that have been adding up all over my body. The pains themselves are tolerable. However, I've been having so many of them that they create a sense of chronic fatigue. I'll be seeing a rhumatologist tomorrow about it. My guess is she'll tell me to give up kickboxing. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:
My dog is supposed to get neutered tomorrow, but this past weekend he was a little weird about stopping in the middle of walks to lay down. I chalked it up to being really hot and humid. On Monday we went to a friend's lake and he ran and swam all day and also did dumb things like jumping up on tables because he's a dope. That afternoon/evening he was super polyuric. Yesterday we went for a pretty normal 4 mile walk and he did okay but then in the evening started to be intermittently lame on his left pelvic limb. He's still polyuric too. So now I have a neuter appointment for him tomorrow and am concerned that he has some systemic disease. Sometimes I hate not being in practice where I can just deal with these things on my own.

My dog is supposed to get neutered tomorrow, but this past weekend he was a little weird about stopping in the middle of walks to lay down. I chalked it up to being really hot and humid. On Monday we went to a friend's lake and he ran and swam all day and also did dumb things like jumping up on tables because he's a dope. That afternoon/evening he was super polyuric. Yesterday we went for a pretty normal 4 mile walk and he did okay but then in the evening started to be intermittently lame on his left pelvic limb. He's still polyuric too. So now I have a neuter appointment for him tomorrow and am concerned that he has some systemic disease. Sometimes I hate not being in practice where I can just deal with these things on my own.

My brain turns to jelly when it's my own pets anyway, so I'm okay passing them off to someone trusted and saying "halp plz."

Hopefully he just pulled something being an overactive derp. I suppose the neuter could get moved if the worry was enough...

Reactions: 2 users
My brain turns to jelly when it's my own pets anyway, so I'm okay passing them off to someone trusted and saying "halp plz."

Hopefully he just pulled something being an overactive derp. I suppose the neuter could get moved if the worry was enough...

I called and talked to a tech at the teaching hospital, we plan to have a full CBC/Chem/UA and 4DX prior to anesthetizing him tomorrow. If it's all normal then I'll just assume he drank a ton of lake water and pulled something jumping straight onto my friend's dining room table or tripping over a mole hole chasing a ball and we'll proceed with the neuter since he'll have to be activity restricted after that anyway. If the lameness persists or comes back I'll have him worked up for that I guess.

Some kind of major or recurrent orthopedic problem would be semi-sad for me because he's intended to be an agility dog but I'll live.

Reactions: 4 users
Class starts Monday and we still don't have our lab schedule/groups assigned (both VM1 and VM2 have everything they need...). Meanwhile, a bunch of us are trying to schedule flights for conferences that are happening in less than a month and we can't commit to anything before we know what we're potentially missing. Ugh this school.

Haven't been on this site in a while but since my troubles are school related might as well rant here

I had a gateway exam for upper level biology classes on Monday, the day before classes started this week, and I failed it. I got an A in both Bio 1 and Bio 2 and studied and I still failed and it seems to be a constant slap in the face like "you are not smart enough for this". Can't take the exam again until December and for now I am retaking math and chem from last Fall when I had a depressive episode and **** went haywire. I'm also taking 3 classes that literally don't count for my major at all, or electives since I filled all those up trying to figure out what to do with my life in the first 1.5 years of college. I'm aiming for A's this semester but I can't take any Bio classes until I pass the gateway. This basically guarantees I won't graduate in 4 years. So I'm a junior but basically not. I know this isn't important in the grand scheme of things, but I graduated highschool at 16 and I've always felt super left out of being like "in a class" and I know seeing the rest of the people I've been around since freshmen year graduate college and not me is gonna suck.

So yea. For now, I go back to lurking lol

@Allymadeathing do you know why you didn't pass? Was there a specific section that tripped you up? I've never heard of gateway exams before, and I don't know if you get detailed feedback on your results. I'm sorry you have to take it again. Can you talk to a tutor or professor to prepare for next time?

I was in college for 5 years. When I started my 4th year I was beginning to feel so over it and I was so jealous of everyone who was graduating without me. It was fine though - I made it through, and taking an extra year is not the end of the world, especially if it helps you figure out career goals and interests. I know so many people who spent an extra semester, or extra year, or even longer in college. As long as it doesn't break you financially it can be a really helpful thing.

Maybe try hanging out with some of the people you'll graduate with? That might help you feel less alone when you start 5th year.