RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Went and had blood drawn this morning for my rabies titer. The nurse looking at my records noted that I may not have been given the vaccine series (back in 2011) correctly at the proper time intervals. Got to overhear my nurse and her supervisor go back and forth on whether to do the titers now or just get the more expensive booster and then do titers later. Decided to just do titers today.

Very disconcerting since I got the vaccination at the school clinic from professionals who coordinate all the vaccination and titer testing for the vet school. Hopefully they just recorded the date wrong, which is still disconcerting because the majority of my medical records come from their files. I might still need to do a booster since it has been more than five years.
its Day 0.7. and 21 or 28 right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

21 is also acceptable. Teep has the schedule right. So you might have actually been good if you had gotten it on 21 days and the nurse might just not know anything

Yeah I definitely got them at 0, 7, and 21

And the way it was explained to me you can actually get that third one any time between 21 and 28.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, how I just love bombing (and probably failing, let's be honest) a final exam in a class that I actually had a really good grade in up until now.

Ugh, micro. I'm completely and utterly croaking this week. :(
Hang in there! You don't know until the final grade comes back!

Oh, how I just love bombing (and probably failing, let's be honest) a final exam in a class that I actually had a really good grade in up until now.

Ugh, micro. I'm completely and utterly croaking this week. :(
Is Griffith still teaching? Sounds about right for one of his finals. I'm sure you'll do fine in the class.

Yep, he sure is. He is such a nice man, but... yeah, his exams are brutal. I don't know the score yet, but I know that I did significantly worse on the lab final than on previous lab exams, too. It does sound like, from what a couple of VM3s have told me, that he usually curves/scales the class like crazy, though?
I think the degree of curve changes based on the overall class performance, but there is usually some cushion. Can't have half the class failing out after second year. You're doing a lot better than I did if you were able to get an A on any of his exams. I think the best I managed was a B.

21 is also acceptable. Teep has the schedule right. So you might have actually been good if you had gotten it on 21 days and the nurse might just not know anything

Nope. The date recorded puts the third shot at day 16.

Ah, this is what I need to hear right now! Thank you, Genny!
Yup, seconding what she said. He is a nice guy, but I really think he takes personal pride in making exams (the final in particular) especially brutal. I legit failed the final last year (and never got an A on any earlier exams) and still passed. It will be ok, try not to be disheartened and finish the week strong.

I think the degree of curve changes based on the overall class performance, but there is usually some cushion. Can't have half the class failing out after second year. You're doing a lot better than I did if you were able to get an A on any of his exams. I think the best I managed was a B.

****, I never managed better than a C on his third year exams. Most of my scores were D's.

Yeah I definitely got them at 0, 7, and 21

And the way it was explained to me you can actually get that third one any time between 21 and 28.
The nurse explained to me that the CDC’s research has it okay either on day 21 or day 28, but that you couldn’t do like a day 23- not that it wouldn’t work, but because those two days were the only one they actually proved

Members don't see this ad :)
Blargalarg.
My best friend is married too and was texting me with a very similar complaint yesterday. The gifts were different, but it did boil down to her husband's complete lack of thought into gift-giving. When they were dating, he used to ask me what I thought about options or ask me to tell him things, but since they've been married he stopped even doing that and gets her horrible things like a hairdryer and she was frustrated that he didn't even care to think about it or ask me anymore when I could easily help. Her situation this year involved a hamster and associated logistics rather than cats, but still. Reason #37584 I'm okay with not having a significant other right now.

Reactions: 4 users
Blargalarg.
Yeah, I totally get the frustration here. It's not that the gift itself is something you don't necessarily want but it's that 0 thought went into getting it for you. I know for me personally I could be given the single worst, most useless gift on the planet but will absolutely love it if I can tell the person put some real, genuine thought into getting it for me. It hurts feeling like an afterthought, especially when being given a gift from someone who should know you well enough to be able to get you something genuine where they can at the very least say "I saw this and it made me think of you!" about it.
hairdryer hamster
My dad is so in charge of terrible gifts like this. He got my mom bed sheets for her birthday one year and spent like a week talking about how he had gotten her the best gift ever and how she was going to love it and it would be the best present she'd ever gotten in her life. Bed sheets. She hated them.

What's even dumber is that my mom is impossible to buy gifts for (believe me, I've tried) but completely loves heartfelt expressions of love and spending time with her loved ones. Thoughtfully written cards or spending a day with her are the keys to her heart and luckily my stepdad at the very least seems to have figured that out.

Blargalarg.
The first Christmas that my parents were married my dad took my mom out to try on coats, then bought one as a gift in front of her, had it wrapped, and gave it to her on Christmas. It's a little different than your situation since it was for her, specifically, but it was completely clueless of him and not romantic at all.

In contrast, she picked out a telescope for him months earlier, put it on lay away, and paid it off a little at a time until it was finally ready to come home at Christmas. He was completely surprised - it was a really thoughtful gift, and something that he had really wanted.

I don't know, but guys are really dumb sometimes :shrug:. Do you have a mutual friend who could give your husband some hints and tips without you having to give him too much advise on gift giving?

Reactions: 2 users
My dad is so in charge of terrible gifts like this. He got my mom bed sheets for her birthday one year and spent like a week talking about how he had gotten her the best gift ever and how she was going to love it and it would be the best present she'd ever gotten in her life. Bed sheets. She hated them.

What's even dumber is that my mom is impossible to buy gifts for (believe me, I've tried) but completely loves heartfelt expressions of love and spending time with her loved ones. Thoughtfully written cards or spending a day with her are the keys to her heart and luckily my stepdad at the very least seems to have figured that out.
Interestingly, my friend DOES actually want a hamster. She had a rabbit all during vet school and undergrad that died this summer and misses having a pocket pet. He was claiming that he couldn't get her the hamster because he thought she needed to be there to pick it out. Which, okay. Her response was that he could have bought the cage for her as a surprise and they could have gone to pick it out together the day after christmas. His reply was he didn't know what kind of cage to get. That's when I got dragged into it via text because she told him that her best friend is a vet and could have told him what to get if he'd even tried and not just made excuses.

This is where I lose my "woman" card... I suck at gift giving and honestly, just give gift cards anymore because of it.

I tend to hate this time of year because of the pressure on giving gifts. I haven't bought a single gift for family and will probably do the last minute run to pick up gift cards, again. I wish my family would go back to when we were all only buying one person a gift (with a $25 max) but we were all to put together reasons why we enjoyed that family member (such as a letter or telling a story or just talking about that family member)... that was fun and thoughtful and heartfelt.

Reactions: 3 users
Interestingly, my friend DOES actually want a hamster. She had a rabbit all during vet school and undergrad that died this summer and misses having a pocket pet. He was claiming that he couldn't get her the hamster because he thought she needed to be there to pick it out. Which, okay. Her response was that he could have bought the cage for her as a surprise and they could have gone to pick it out together the day after christmas. His reply was he didn't know what kind of cage to get. That's when I got dragged into it via text because she told him that her best friend is a vet and could have told him what to get if he'd even tried and not just made excuses.
Yeah, buying pets is a bit of a wild card but even just giving a card or something that states the intention to buy one as a gift would be helpful. My plan with my mom for the longest time was to give my stepdad a puppy collar for Christmas so he knew we were getting him a puppy that he could pick out himself... But of course then we all just ended up getting a puppy like four months ago because everybody got too excited about the concept of a puppy :laugh:

Yeah, buying pets is a bit of a wild card but even just giving a card or something that states the intention to buy one as a gift would be helpful. My plan with my mom for the longest time was to give my stepdad a puppy collar for Christmas so he knew we were getting him a puppy that he could pick out himself... But of course then we all just ended up getting a puppy like four months ago because everybody got too excited about the concept of a puppy :laugh:
But ugh you did get the cutest puppy you ever did see :love:

This is where I lose my "woman" card... I suck at gift giving and honestly, just give gift cards anymore because of it.

I tend to hate this time of year because of the pressure on giving gifts. I haven't bought a single gift for family and will probably do the last minute run to pick up gift cards, again. I wish my family would go back to when we were all only buying one person a gift (with a $25 max) but we were all to put together reasons why we enjoyed that family member (such as a letter or telling a story or just talking about that family member)... that was fun and thoughtful and heartfelt.
I get this too. I am not a great gift giver myself because I tend to rank personal experiences much more highly than actual gifts and also because I have no money lol. Luckily the side of my family that always put way more emphasis on the gifts themselves is also the side I don't exchange gifts with as frequently anymore so it's become less of an issue now than in the past.

I was never a big fan of any big holidays (plus my birthday) because my family was super dysfunctional and we always had huge meltdown blowouts for every holiday, event, or gathering of any kind and it stressed me out so much I would have rather not even participated. Crying, screaming, throwing stuff, chasing people, hours of frantic cleaning, all horrible non-relaxing crap like that. It's been way better in the past 5 years or so and I'm glad for it.

I was never a big fan of any big holidays (plus my birthday) because my family was super dysfunctional and we always had huge meltdown blowouts for every holiday, event, or gathering of any kind and it stressed me out so much I would have rather not even participated. Crying, screaming, throwing stuff, chasing people, hours of frantic cleaning, all horrible non-relaxing crap like that. It's been way better in the past 5 years or so and I'm glad for it.

Yes, there is always some kind of family drama, breakdown, argument or even just the crap of cleaning and entertaining people. It is just exhausting really. Not at all relaxing and enjoyable. "Let's celebrate the holidays by making giant messes and then having to clean them up. All while we disagree about something/argue." So much "joy". And if we do **** at my parents house my mom does the BS "clean the whole house that hasn't been cleaned in months in the next hour like STAT."

And what is super annoying is that since I am still living at home for the next 2-3 months I tend to get saddled with all the responsibility for all the things. My younger sister lives her too but my parents never make that little **** do anything. My older sister has her own family and my other younger sister lives out of state.

Here is how Thanksgiving went this year...
My mom made the turkey. I made mashed potatoes (from scratch). My younger sister magically appears from wherever-the-****-she has been for the last 3 weeks to my parents house to do her laundry (for free), spent 5 hours (not exaggerating) to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner in the only bathroom I have access too so I was unable to actually get ready in any decent time-frame myself. Didn't offer to help nor did help with any preparation. Dinner was held at my grandpa's house. She showed up for 30 minutes, ate some food then left. Like **** no... hell no.

And I guarantee she will do similar for Christmas, she will show up for 30 minutes to an hour. Enough time to get food and see if any got her any gifts, then she will leave. And the worst part... my parents just let her pull off this kind of BS. Granted she is 26 so they don't really have much say, but still, they let her get away with this **** when she was younger so of course this is how she acts now. She comes and goes whenever she pleases. Leaves all of her crap here basically using two bedrooms and the garage as storage units. She comes in and eats whatever food she wants. Uses my parents washer and dryer for laundry (including the laundry detergent and dryer sheets). Sorry, this turned into a rant about my ****-hole younger sister, but yeah. I just can't stand to be around that plus my parents just letting it happen.

Oh and Christmas Eve this year will be at the drug-addict older sister's house.... I am so uber thrilled to go to that.... :rolleyes:

Yes, there is always some kind of family drama, breakdown, argument or even just the crap of cleaning and entertaining people. It is just exhausting really. Not at all relaxing and enjoyable. "Let's celebrate the holidays by making giant messes and then having to clean them up. All while we disagree about something/argue." So much "joy". And if we do **** at my parents house my mom does the BS "clean the whole house that hasn't been cleaned in months in the next hour like STAT."

And what is super annoying is that since I am still living at home for the next 2-3 months I tend to get saddled with all the responsibility for all the things. My younger sister lives her too but my parents never make that little **** do anything. My older sister has her own family and my other younger sister lives out of state.

Here is how Thanksgiving went this year...
My mom made the turkey. I made mashed potatoes (from scratch). My younger sister magically appears from wherever-the-****-she has been for the last 3 weeks to my parents house to do her laundry (for free), spent 5 hours (not exaggerating) to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner in the only bathroom I have access too so I was unable to actually get ready in any decent time-frame myself. Didn't offer to help nor did help with any preparation. Dinner was held at my grandpa's house. She showed up for 30 minutes, ate some food then left. Like **** no... hell no.

And I guarantee she will do similar for Christmas, she will show up for 30 minutes to an hour. Enough time to get food and see if any got her any gifts, then she will leave. And the worst part... my parents just let her pull off this kind of BS. Granted she is 26 so they don't really have much say, but still, they let her get away with this **** when she was younger so of course this is how she acts now. She comes and goes whenever she pleases. Leaves all of her crap here basically using two bedrooms and the garage as storage units. She comes in and eats whatever food she wants. Uses my parents washer and dryer for laundry (including the laundry detergent and dryer sheets). Sorry, this turned into a rant about my ****-hole younger sister, but yeah. I just can't stand to be around that plus my parents just letting it happen.

Oh and Christmas Eve this year will be at the drug-addict older sister's house.... I am so uber thrilled to go to that.... :rolleyes:
Man our families sound very similar albeit I only have one sibling. Oh the tales I could tell :laugh:

A gift that would be great as a joint gift to us but not a gift from one of us to the other! It's like buying a vacuum for the other person! Ugh.
ugh is right. My ex got me a vacuum for my birthday last year. And by "got me" I mean we stopped at the store on the way home from my birthday dinner and he bought it there. Also, now that we're getting divorced he's claiming the vacuum is his because he has the receipt.

Sorry, side rant that yours reminded me of. :(

Hopefully your hubby will be more understanding if you're able to talk to him about it and why it wasn't the best decision.

Always thankful for my family when I read some of the stories posted on here...

We almost always have Christmas with our small clan and then do dinner with some extended relatives (or travel back East and do Christmas with lots of extended family there). My grandma passed away yesterday, so my mom flew back to the Maritimes to say goodbye before she did/do the funeral thing after and is staying there until Christmas. House is pretty lonely without her, and we haven't gotten to do any of the holiday traditions (decorating the house to her horrible Christmas CD etc). This also has devastated my mom pretty badly, and will certainly be casting a shadow over Christmas in the years to come. :/ I'm happy that my grandma has finally been let go, since her QOL has been pretty darn poor for months (obviously still sad, but no where near the levels of my poor mom).

We are definitely a little guilty of the practical gift thing within our household. My father likes useful, practical things (however it must be fully researched and by the time that happens he has already bought the exact one he wants on some sale he found somewhere) like the stereotypical engineer he is. I'm similar, but not nearly as bad. Frequently kitchen stuff, sheets, deodorant, toothpaste, gum, socks, etc will be under the tree/in stockings. @kcoughli has he done more thoughtful gifts in previous years?

Selfish rant incoming (and apparently in novel format):

TL; DR: hubby probably bought me a Christmas present that's really for his cats and I'm grumpy

For awhile I've wanted to get an automatic feeder for our cats (they're all meal-fed because they're part labrador). I've had one for my cat forever, but its just one and it only has 6 slots so limited use. I used to use it when I'd go away for a weekend or short trip. Now that I'm married, we have 3 cats together. The last time we took a weekend away I set up the feeder for my cat in the basement and we just left piles of food around the house for his cats. I hated it, I didn't want to separate the cats (it took forever to get them to accept each other to begin with) and I just knew his cats were going to gorge on all the food day 1 and then either be sick or(and) starve the rest of the weekend.

Fast forward to planning Christmas presents. I found this cool automatic feeder that you can put a bunch of food into, it measures out meals and delivers them timed. There's also a splitter that you can order separately so it doles out food into multiple dishes. Seems pretty much perfect, but its kinda pricey. I put it on my Amazon wish list hoping my parents would get it for us for Christmas. They didn't, so I talked to hubs about using the money my grandpa gave us to buy it. He mentioned that could be a good idea but we should think about it. Fine. Fast forward again and I've sneakily wrapped some of his presents and put them under the tree while he was at a holiday work party. He gets home and panics a little and says he hadn't ordered my presents yet. Gets on the computer, orders me out of the room, and claims he's ordering presents for me that he'd picked out ages ago.

Finally, today, I'm ordering the last of his presents (just came up with the idea this morning and couldn't resist), and see the price dropped on the magic cat feeder. Sweet! Go to add it to my cart and it stops me and says someone has already purchased this item for me.

I should be excited, I've really wanted this for our cats, but I am so upset at the idea that he bought me this for Christmas. I've been wracking my brains coming up with thoughtful gifts just for him, and in return he is probably getting me a gift that is really for our (and mostly his since I'm in a petty mood sorry step-cats I love you too) cats?! A gift that would be great as a joint gift to us but not a gift from one of us to the other! It's like buying a vacuum for the other person! Ugh. I know this is super selfish and I should just be happy that we're getting the feeder, because we really do need it. I just am getting tired of the less-than-thoughtful gifts (my gift exchange for the family this year was a gift card... bought that morning at Walmart...). Again, I hear how selfish it is, but I had things on my wish list that were just for me that I've been not-so-subtly dropping hints that I really want and can't justify buying for myself. And now I have to figure out what to buy with my grandpa's money (supposed to be for the both of us, have to buy and wrap the gift and bring it to that family Christmas and open it so he can see what it is, long standing tradition).

Blargalarg.

I bought my wife a sewing machine for xmas once one year.

I don't see the issue here.

Reminds me why I'm happy my partner and I decided about a year in to just not do gifts on holidays. Most of the time we *do* things - usually dinner or Busch Gardens - together on birthdays or Christmas or whatever, but gifts are for anytime. Just if we see something the other would like or something previously discussed on sale or whatnot.

It works out really well as I suck at gift giving.

I genuinely like Christmas. I love the food and Christmas parties with my friends and the lights and I like buying and wrapping gifts... But my older sister will make it into a big production, because she's 36-going-on-6. Seriously, she throws tantrums on par with her 4 year old kid, except with wine. One of the unexpected benefits of living close this year is that I don't have to stay at my parents' house and deal with her drama (my sister and her kid usually spend the night Christmas eve). I can just drive down for the day, do gifts and food, and then GTFO before the screaming starts.

Always thankful for my family when I read some of the stories posted on here...

We almost always have Christmas with our small clan and then do dinner with some extended relatives (or travel back East and do Christmas with lots of extended family there). My grandma passed away yesterday, so my mom flew back to the Maritimes to say goodbye before she did/do the funeral thing after and is staying there until Christmas. House is pretty lonely without her, and we haven't gotten to do any of the holiday traditions (decorating the house to her horrible Christmas CD etc). This also has devastated my mom pretty badly, and will certainly be casting a shadow over Christmas in the years to come. :/ I'm happy that my grandma has finally been let go, since her QOL has been pretty darn poor for months (obviously still sad, but no where near the levels of my poor mom).

We are definitely a little guilty of the practical gift thing within our household. My father likes useful, practical things (however it must be fully researched and by the time that happens he has already bought the exact one he wants on some sale he found somewhere) like the stereotypical engineer he is. I'm similar, but not nearly as bad. Frequently kitchen stuff, sheets, deodorant, toothpaste, gum, socks, etc will be under the tree/in stockings. @kcoughli has he done more thoughtful gifts in previous years?
My dad is also an engineer and impossible to buy gifts for! I still need to find something for him this year.

I got a sewing machine for my birthday once. It was an awesome gift!

My uncle gave my aunt a “mini chop” one year, and she loved it and raved about it. Apparently she made too big of a deal about it though, because the next year he gave her TWO mini chops, so now she has three of an item that you really only need one of.

I have received all kinds of practical gifts for occasions, whether my birthday, anniversary or christmas. But they have all been welcome, as they are usually something I really wanted anyway!! Like a new carpet cleaner, or new set of pots and pans. But, he is awesome with gifts. one year, he gave me a very pretty jewelry box. I unwrapped it, and was oohing and aahing, and put it to one side...he got a funny look, and told me to check it out, to "make sure it wasn't damaged"....he had put a ring inside!! a very pretty little cocktail ring!! the man is good!

Part of my mother's gift a couple years back was an electric kettle, and geez, she uses it all the time!

Ha. This is what I mean.

I have received all kinds of practical gifts for occasions, whether my birthday, anniversary or christmas. But they have all been welcome, as they are usually something I really wanted anyway!! Like a new carpet cleaner, or new set of pots and pans. But, he is awesome with gifts. one year, he gave me a very pretty jewelry box. I unwrapped it, and was oohing and aahing, and put it to one side...he got a funny look, and told me to check it out, to "make sure it wasn't damaged"....he had put a ring inside!! a very pretty little cocktail ring!! the man is good!

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate practical gifts and wouldn't be upset if I got something that was specific to my needs (he got me an electric blanket last year and I LOVE that thing and use it all the time when the weather is cold). I'm just bummed because we'd already talked about getting this together and its for the cats... not me... anyway I'm poofing the majority of that post because I was in an overly upset mood last night and really don't need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'm still convinced that the best gift I managed to get my parents is a tie between the electric kettle and the sonicare toothbrush. I've gotten them a couple other things that they would like if they ever actually used them... but yanno.

This year, we kinda picked our own presents and will just wrap them for each other and open it in front of the family. I got him a few things separately, but not much, and one thing may have been as silly as a Matchbox car.

I missed the original post, but as long as my husband is a good husband and my best friend, I try not to worry too much about gifts. It's great when he really surprises me with something cool, but yanno... if I really want something, he never stops me from buying it (within reason).

One of the best gifts I ever got was a plug-in heated seat cover for my car. My mom got it for me on a whim while I was still driving a beater. It was the best gift I didn't know I wanted.

Mine died toward the tail end of the winter this year. Luckily this year I have a new car that has heated seats. Otherwise I was going to have to get a new one. I can't go back to having a cold butt!
I recently discovered heated blankets that plug into cars are a thing and have been agonizing about whether I want a seat or a blanket most haha.

My dad is an engineer and a lawyer. He buys everything he wants himself, doesn't like surprises, hates knick-knacks, and has awful taste in clothes. Never know what to get him. He usually buys something for himself and tells my mom to wrap it for him. He got her a sewing machine last year and she was thrilled with it! A lot better than the crystal animals he got her EVERY year since I was born. Once the curio cabinet was full she was done. She wants a new computer this year.

@TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo so sorry about your grandmother. When my grandparents died I was so sad but they really had not QOL anymore (they were in their mid 90's).

My dad was diagnosed with malignant melanoma about two months ago (completely excised, no evidence of mets!). So I got him some UV-B blocking long sleeved T-shirts this year. I feel kinda bad about being like ‘here’s your cancer-related Christmas present’ but mom assured me that was what he asked for. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

One of my all time favourite gifts was a digital clock/alarm clock for my room. Used that thing every day for years until it finally died on me.

Last year got some binoculars for birding, which was awesome. Of course my father had to spend several weeks researching exactly what brand/model would be best for birding and what ones had good reviews/were known for quality and longevity. He's adorable that way, and they are exactly what I need for birding.

Asked for them to help me out with a pair of Blundstones this year, since my leather boots of the last 5 years are finally falling apart. Upon his research last night, my father was absolutely delighted that I chose something that he would have chosen himself (Good reviews, known for comfort and quality, his favourite local store carries them, something he knows will get worn to death, etc etc).

Jayna my mom was diagnosed with something similar, and she would be ecstatic to get UV-B clothing. So I'm sure your dad will be fine with it. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate practical gifts and wouldn't be upset if I got something that was specific to my needs (he got me an electric blanket last year and I LOVE that thing and use it all the time when the weather is cold). I'm just bummed because we'd already talked about getting this together and its for the cats... not me... anyway I'm poofing the majority of that post because I was in an overly upset mood last night and really don't need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
I would be frustrated, too, so don't feel too guilty about mountains and mole hills. Practical gifts are my favorite, but there's definitely a proper way to do them. :)

Reactions: 3 users
One of my all time favourite gifts was a digital clock/alarm clock for my room. Used that thing every day for years until it finally died on me.

Last year got some binoculars for birding, which was awesome. Of course my father had to spend several weeks researching exactly what brand/model would be best for birding and what ones had good reviews/were known for quality and longevity. He's adorable that way, and they are exactly what I need for birding.

Asked for them to help me out with a pair of Blundstones this year, since my leather boots of the last 5 years are finally falling apart. Upon his research last night, my father was absolutely delighted that I chose something that he would have chosen himself (Good reviews, known for comfort and quality, his favourite local store carries them, something he knows will get worn to death, etc etc).

Jayna my mom was diagnosed with something similar, and she would be ecstatic to get UV-B clothing. So I'm sure your dad will be fine with it. :laugh:
Your dad is the best. :p

I'm kind of upset and it's no one's fault, really, but damn.

Had achilles surgery after 6 months of non-healing, barely able to walk normally, stairs being torture 9and living in a 2 story house. Surgeon told me 2 weeks of absolutely no weight bearing and probably 5 weeks of incomplete. Today was the day of surgery and it changed to 3 weeks. and maybe up to 5 of no weight bearing at all. i planned for 3 weeks off work so I could be sort of weight bearing when I got back but NOPE.

Part of my mother's gift a couple years back was an electric kettle, and geez, she uses it all the time!

I'm still convinced that the best gift I managed to get my parents is a tie between the electric kettle and the sonicare toothbrush.
Ooh, I may have to get my mom an electric kettle, thanks for the idea! :laugh: She drinks tea pretty often in the winter, but only has an old-fashioned kettle.