RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm kind of upset and it's no one's fault, really, but damn.

Had achilles surgery after 6 months of non-healing, barely able to walk normally, stairs being torture 9and living in a 2 story house. Surgeon told me 2 weeks of absolutely no weight bearing and probably 5 weeks of incomplete. Today was the day of surgery and it changed to 3 weeks. and maybe up to 5 of no weight bearing at all. i planned for 3 weeks off work so I could be sort of weight bearing when I got back but NOPE.
@dyachei ... hope you're taking it easy and coping decently with post-op discomfort. Sending lots of good thoughts your way! :cat:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate practical gifts and wouldn't be upset if I got something that was specific to my needs (he got me an electric blanket last year and I LOVE that thing and use it all the time when the weather is cold). I'm just bummed because we'd already talked about getting this together and its for the cats... not me... anyway I'm poofing the majority of that post because I was in an overly upset mood last night and really don't need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Mountains out of molehills is what humans do best.

I was just teasin’ ya. Rant on. :)

why is ansem II so hard on kingdom hearts 1?? he's like the second to last boss and I've been stuck for hours :punch:

Members don't see this ad :)
why is ansem II so hard on kingdom hearts 1?? he's like the second to last boss and I've been stuck for hours :punch:
I always thought the difficulty in KHI was rather ridiculous. @Gwenevre might have some tips too.

For that battle, avoiding attacks is helpful. If he says "Take this!" then you can stop that attack by hitting him or using your guard. If he says something about his strength, you can avoid it by walking around him in a wide circle.

Goodluck!

~From, someone who threw their controller at the screen a few time during that battle...

Reactions: 1 user
Reminds me why I'm happy my partner and I decided about a year in to just not do gifts on holidays. Most of the time we *do* things - usually dinner or Busch Gardens - together on birthdays or Christmas or whatever, but gifts are for anytime. Just if we see something the other would like or something previously discussed on sale or whatnot.

It works out really well as I suck at gift giving.
I beg to differ :p

I always thought the difficulty in KHI was rather ridiculous. @Gwenevre might have some tips too.

For that battle, avoiding attacks is helpful. If he says "Take this!" then you can stop that attack by hitting him or using your guard. If he says something about his strength, you can avoid it by walking around him in a wide circle.

Goodluck!

~From, someone who threw their controller at the screen a few time during that battle...
So, I confess, I never beat Ansem in KH1. Guarant****ingtee that if I were to pop in KH1 to my ps2 and load up my save, I'm standing right in front of that final door.

So, I confess, I never beat Ansem in KH1. Guarant****ingtee that if I were to pop in KH1 to my ps2 and load up my save, I'm standing right in front of that final door.
I literally get him down to like 1/4 of his health left and he kills me every time!! so frustrating ugh

apparently I'm underleveled lol my sora only has like 60 hp

Members don't see this ad :)
It is 2:37am and my poor postop puppy is...I have no idea what she's doing. Woke her up for meds and to empty her drain, now she's sitting on the floor staring at nothing. And apparently feels most comfortable there.

I don't want to be on the trip she's on. Poor girl. Can't be pleasant.

Getting sick...yay me. This always happens about a week after semester ends since I'm finally relaxing and no longer stressing. I guess at least it's good now rather than in 2 weeks when I have to start travelling for interviews.

Straight from a week long cold right into a sinus infection......

tenor.gif

Reactions: 1 users
I have viral thyroiditis. It's made me hyperthyroid, which comes with all sorts of fun symptoms. The worst of which is random urticaria. My wrists get some sort of stimulus and suddenly I have angry rash and welts and if I itch/rub them they spread until they disappear. Right now my forearms are on fire. :wtf:

So I got into a fairly bad bicycle accident at the beginning of last semester. I'm surprised I hadn't seen this thread earlier to bitch, lol. I went to the ER, had a gaping wound on my face that was glued up and had x-rays of my jaw and wrist. They didn't see anything abnormal. They sent me on my merry way without any discharge paperwork, a referral, nada. (but ya know, still charged me $2400 before insurance for x-rays they apparently can't read)

After a couple weeks, my wrist was still black and blue and I couldn't use it. WebMD had me scared I had torn something (lol) so I scheduled an ortho appointment to get it checked again. At first, the DO was saying he thought it was just a sprain yada yada. Like, uhh it wouldn't be this messed up after 3 weeks if it was just a sprain. I think they get a lot of pill seekers. Then the PA inspected it, found I had pain in my anatomical snuffbox, sent me back for x-rays, and lo and behold, my scaphoid was broken. Turns out this cashew sized bone is like, super important to being able to use your wrist and I could've had life-long arthritis had it not been seen. It's also notoriously hard and bad to heal, wonderful. I was also sad because I broke my wrist almost a year after getting a cast off for breaking that same wrist, just the radius. I spent a while in a cast and now I've just started physical therapy as my mobility is still poor. I'm just thankful the bone healed properly (which I also investigated by taking x-rays at my vet clinic, haha)

Anyways, for my more recent reason for a rant. I also suffered dental trauma during the accident. I couldn't eat solid food for about 3 weeks. I had a hematoma under my tongue, concussed teeth, and soft tissue issues. The NP in the ER said there wasn't a reason to go to a dentist unless my teeth were falling out of my skull and my dental insurance doesn't cover where I go to school. Since I knew I was going to be home for the first time since the accident, I decided to book a dental appointment a month ago. I had said dental appointment today. Everything was going just dandy, until it wasn't. Turns out, no cold sensation in one of my teeth, virtually no heat sensation (or some other test similar, idk?). The nerve is dysfunctional, and my tooth is dead. I have to get a root canal. Only appointment available? Tomorrow at 7:30 AM (or 2 days before my IS interview, no way lol). Mind you, I've never had so much as a cavity. I'm pretty freaked out and disheartened. I also found out I was waitlisted at NCSU just as I sat down in the dental chair.

I got out of the ER in August thinking how lucky I was to still have a face. Turns out, ya don't find everything right away, or even months later! On the bright side, I am still very thankful I didn't sustain brain damage or actually lose any teeth. First thing I did after the accident, when someone pulled over to see if I was ok, was to grasp at my bleeding mouth, spitting blood, saying "ARE ALL MY TEETH HERE?!?" before saying "IS MY FACE OK?!". Well, here is to getting a ****ing root canal tomorrow, lol!

So I got into a fairly bad bicycle accident at the beginning of last semester. I'm surprised I hadn't seen this thread earlier to bitch, lol. I went to the ER, had a gaping wound on my face that was glued up and had x-rays of my jaw and wrist. They didn't see anything abnormal. They sent me on my merry way without any discharge paperwork, a referral, nada. (but ya know, still charged me $2400 before insurance for x-rays they apparently can't read)

After a couple weeks, my wrist was still black and blue and I couldn't use it. WebMD had me scared I had torn something (lol) so I scheduled an ortho appointment to get it checked again. At first, the DO was saying he thought it was just a sprain yada yada. Like, uhh it wouldn't be this messed up after 3 weeks if it was just a sprain. I think they get a lot of pill seekers. Then the PA inspected it, found I had pain in my anatomical snuffbox, sent me back for x-rays, and lo and behold, my scaphoid was broken. Turns out this cashew sized bone is like, super important to being able to use your wrist and I could've had life-long arthritis had it not been seen. It's also notoriously hard and bad to heal, wonderful. I was also sad because I broke my wrist almost a year after getting a cast off for breaking that same wrist, just the radius. I spent a while in a cast and now I've just started physical therapy as my mobility is still poor. I'm just thankful the bone healed properly (which I also investigated by taking x-rays at my vet clinic, haha)

Anyways, for my more recent reason for a rant. I also suffered dental trauma during the accident. I couldn't eat solid food for about 3 weeks. I had a hematoma under my tongue, concussed teeth, and soft tissue issues. The NP in the ER said there wasn't a reason to go to a dentist unless my teeth were falling out of my skull and my dental insurance doesn't cover where I go to school. Since I knew I was going to be home for the first time since the accident, I decided to book a dental appointment a month ago. I had said dental appointment today. Everything was going just dandy, until it wasn't. Turns out, no cold sensation in one of my teeth, virtually no heat sensation (or some other test similar, idk?). The nerve is dysfunctional, and my tooth is dead. I have to get a root canal. Only appointment available? Tomorrow at 7:30 AM (or 2 days before my IS interview, no way lol). Mind you, I've never had so much as a cavity. I'm pretty freaked out and disheartened. I also found out I was waitlisted at NCSU just as I sat down in the dental chair.

I got out of the ER in August thinking how lucky I was to still have a face. Turns out, ya don't find everything right away, or even months later! On the bright side, I am still very thankful I didn't sustain brain damage or actually lose any teeth. First thing I did after the accident, when someone pulled over to see if I was ok, was to grasp at my bleeding mouth, spitting blood, saying "ARE ALL MY TEETH HERE?!?" before saying "IS MY FACE OK?!". Well, here is to getting a ****ing root canal tomorrow, lol!
I know there are lots of jokes about root canals being horrible, but they really aren’t that bad. You should be fine for your interview. Good luck!

Damn I'm sorry, that really sucks. On the up side, a root canal isn't too bad, it just sucks to keep your mouth open for that long. It still sucks but could have been way worse. I'm glad you're ok! :D

I'm glad you're okay!! I know when I broke my ankle, the er told me they weren't sure if they'd be able to see a break on the xrays because of all the swelling, so maybe that's what happened with your wrist? They ended up being able to see a hairline fracture, but my orthopedic surgeon I saw the next day wasn't on his xray he took so then I was casted (just in case) and sent for a CT scan (spoiler: er was right, there was a hairline fracture)
And I FEEL YOU on bones that cause a mess of problems if they don't heal right. My talus was where the fracture was and my dr said if it didn't heal right I wouldn't be able to walk (or walk right?) since it's the saddle joint bone.

Also, I'm kinda surprised that they told you in the er there was no need to go to the dentist when there was trauma to your teeth..... That just seems odd to me TBH.
Hopefully your wrist starts getting its mobility back and your mouth starts to feel better soon!!

That is horrible. I've had a root canal before and it wasn't too bad. Spent several hours being 'worked in' getting one done between regularly scheduled clients and went right back to high school classes after.

I also had my four wisdom teeth extracted with only locals + another molar pulled (the former root canal tooth actually) + ten fillings in one extremely long day though (had to get it all done+recovery during spring break one year of vet school), so now that I type all that out, I'm not sure I'm the best person to give advice about how horrible dental procedures can be. ...And yes, I have horrible teeth despite brushing and flossing daily. I'm told it's a combination of genetics and living in the country using well water rather than fluoridated 'city water' when I was a kid.

I'm glad you're okay!! I know when I broke my ankle, the er told me they weren't sure if they'd be able to see a break on the xrays because of all the swelling, so maybe that's what happened with your wrist? They ended up being able to see a hairline fracture, but my orthopedic surgeon I saw the next day wasn't on his xray he took so then I was casted (just in case) and sent for a CT scan (spoiler: er was right, there was a hairline fracture)
And I FEEL YOU on bones that cause a mess of problems if they don't heal right. My talus was where the fracture was and my dr said if it didn't heal right I wouldn't be able to walk (or walk right?) since it's the saddle joint bone.

Also, I'm kinda surprised that they told you in the er there was no need to go to the dentist when there was trauma to your teeth..... That just seems odd to me TBH.
Hopefully your wrist starts getting its mobility back and your mouth starts to feel better soon!!
They didn't refer me to ortho at all. They wrote "referred from the ER" on my ortho appointment and I asked them to take that off because she literally gave me no discharge info, not even on the laceration she glued up. She didn't even inspect the wrist after the x-ray came back "negative". Apparently about 10% of these breaks don't show initially so it is a possibility. But, if she would've actually inspected my wrist, she would've seen where the pain was localized to and should've known it was likely a scaphoid fracture, splinted or casted it, and told me to consult ortho. The break was also super evident to the PA and was broken all the way through, not hairline. I'm just happy it healed with ease as I read so many horror stories online. The bone has such poor blood supply that many people have delayed or non-union.

@Jilary and @Coopah thank you! seems like maybe people say root canals are a lot worse than they actually are?

Sitting in my car just wanting to cry my eyes out. Euthanized a cat for this lady and her daughter earlier. She came back with a second cat and elected blood work. Cat coded after we were done collecting blood. I got cat back, then they euthanized. It was the right thing, but, ****. I hate tonight. Oh and I'm leaving over an hour late and have about 6 charts to still write when I get home. I hate today. I hate this week. I hate this month.

They didn't refer me to ortho at all. They wrote "referred from the ER" on my ortho appointment and I asked them to take that off because she literally gave me no discharge info, not even on the laceration she glued up. She didn't even inspect the wrist after the x-ray came back "negative". Apparently about 10% of these breaks don't show initially so it is a possibility. But, if she would've actually inspected my wrist, she would've seen where the pain was localized to and should've known it was likely a scaphoid fracture, splinted or casted it, and told me to consult ortho. The break was also super evident to the PA and was broken all the way through, not hairline. I'm just happy it healed with ease as I read so many horror stories online. The bone has such poor blood supply that many people have delayed or non-union.

@Jilary and @Coopah thank you! seems like maybe people say root canals are a lot worse than they actually are?

wtf
that is literally all i can say to this whole post tbh. report it to the hospital because that's not right at all.

That is horrible. I've had a root canal before and it wasn't too bad. Spent several hours being 'worked in' getting one done between regularly scheduled clients and went right back to high school classes after.

I also had my four wisdom teeth extracted with only locals + another molar pulled (the former root canal tooth actually) + ten fillings in one extremely long day though (had to get it all done+recovery during spring break one year of vet school), so now that I type all that out, I'm not sure I'm the best person to give advice about how horrible dental procedures can be. ...And yes, I have horrible teeth despite brushing and flossing daily. I'm told it's a combination of genetics and living in the country using well water rather than fluoridated 'city water' when I was a kid.

Wow now I feel really lucky. I was born without wisdom teeth and there is no evidence they exist in my x-rays so I will never have to go through that. I also grew up in one of (the only?) city in the US without fluoridated water, although I did get fluoride pills in school. I think that a huge reason I don't have cavities is because of genetics, and because apparently I salivate a lot (the dentist calls me a drooler lol). I don't particularly take amazing care of my teeth. I joke that it's the only good part of my genetics, having healthy teeth. I'm sorry you've had difficulties :(

Sitting in my car just wanting to cry my eyes out. Euthanized a cat for this lady and her daughter earlier. She came back with a second cat and elected blood work. Cat coded after we were done collecting blood. I got cat back, then they euthanized. It was the right thing, but, ****. I hate tonight. Oh and I'm leaving over an hour late and have about 6 charts to still write when I get home. I hate today. I hate this week. I hate this month.
i'm sorry dvmd<3

wtf
that is literally all i can say to this whole post tbh. report it to the hospital because that's not right at all.
I was thinking about it. They sent me paperwork in the mail to evaluate how my stay at the ER had been. I kept delaying it but I should report it. As I was sitting in the ER waiting to be picked up, I kept thinking, shouldn't I have been given paperwork?

I was thinking about it. They sent me paperwork in the mail to evaluate how my stay at the ER had been. I kept delaying it but I should report it. As I was sitting in the ER waiting to be picked up, I kept thinking, shouldn't I have been given paperwork?
Please do report it, even if you have to call or something. theres so much about that whole experience that just isnt right at all. i've had to go to the er a couple times and i've always had a pretty decent experience (beyond having to wait a bit sometimes, but that's understandable because i wasn't something that was urgent and bleeding out everywhere or not breathing) and have always been given discharge papers and been told to follow up with my regular dr asap, or for my ankle to see an ortho the next day (i can't remember if they made the appt for me or not but i don't think they did, it was almost 6 years ago now :laugh:).

Wow now I feel really lucky. I was born without wisdom teeth and there is no evidence they exist in my x-rays so I will never have to go through that. I also grew up in one of (the only?) city in the US without fluoridated water, although I did get fluoride pills in school. I think that a huge reason I don't have cavities is because of genetics, and because apparently I salivate a lot (the dentist calls me a drooler lol). I don't particularly take amazing care of my teeth. I joke that it's the only good part of my genetics, having healthy teeth. I'm sorry you've had difficulties :(
Eh, it is what it is. I haven't had any major issues in the last 4 years or so, luckily! There's one spot my dentist has been watching the last couple of years, but it's apparently nothing to worry about yet. I just always make sure I have dental insurance!

You should absolutely report it, but - the paperwork you have is likely processed for overall hospital metrics, so while you should be honest on it, it probably won't do all that much. If the hospital has a patient relations or patient ombudsman or other such office, give them a call. They're the people who might actually investigate this thing. It does sound like they really messed up and skipped some steps with you. That all totally sucks. I've had some bad ER experiences and it's miserable to have to sort it all out for yourself after the people who were supposed to take care of you didn't. I'm really glad you went back to a doctor about your wrist, and I hope everything goes smoothly with the dentist tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
You should absolutely report it, but - the paperwork you have is likely processed for overall hospital metrics, so while you should be honest on it, it probably won't do all that much. If the hospital has a patient relations or patient ombudsman or other such office, give them a call. They're the people who might actually investigate this thing. It does sound like they really messed up and skipped some steps with you.
^^^yes this

I'm so sorry @DVMDream. Hope you have a day off soon to decompress.

No day off until Friday and schedule is fully packed tomorrow and Thursday but of course nothing on Friday... sigh.

Tomorrow I have 85+ pounds of aggressive dog to tackle for a blood draw. He bit three people last time he was in (just didn't break the skin). Owner can't muzzle him, took 3 techs plus myself to muzzle him. Then we had to wrangle him. He is supposed to be on an oral sedative but who knows how much it will affect him. Oh and I have myself, an office manager with a broken back, a one-handed tech and one other tech to attempt to assist. Basically only two "fully" able-bodied people and we needed 4 last time. I just don't want. Like really don't.

No day off until Friday and schedule is fully packed tomorrow and Thursday but of course nothing on Friday... sigh.

Tomorrow I have 85+ pounds of aggressive dog to tackle for a blood draw. He bit three people last time he was in (just didn't break the skin). Owner can't muzzle him, took 3 techs plus myself to muzzle him. Then we had to wrangle him. He is supposed to be on an oral sedative but who knows how much it will affect him. Oh and I have myself, an office manager with a broken back, a one-handed tech and one other tech to attempt to assist. Basically only two "fully" able-bodied people and we needed 4 last time. I just don't want. Like really don't.
I'm so sorry. That just sucks, all the way around.

Woke up this morning to an anxiety-ridden dream relating to my upcoming specialty board exam. Not how you want to head into the day. And not promising that I'm this anxious already given that a) I still don't know if I can even take it since it's pending a manuscript acceptance and b) I'm not usually someone who usually gets test anxiety (especially not 6 months in advance).

Pretty sure I have a gallstone. I've been having symptoms over the last week or two that I blamed on stress, but I had takeout last night (fatty food) and I put two and two together pretty quickly. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse over the next 3 days so I can at least take these exams and go home.

Pretty sure I have a gallstone. I've been having symptoms over the last week or two that I blamed on stress, but I had takeout last night (fatty food) and I put two and two together pretty quickly. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse over the next 3 days so I can at least take these exams and go home.
Gallstones always remind me of these:
gall-bladder.png

BjG6MLQIAAAC1NQ.jpg

Pancreatitis.png

BlJDBF9CEAAgI26.png:large

Reactions: 8 users