Real doctors...fake patients?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Short and simple: I was the phlebotomist and lab tech, real doctors gave real diagnosis and provided treatment in real time, there were patient backstories and pt interaction etc- All surgeries were fake (Mannequin type chests etc), all drugs were fake and all of the patients were actors. I have done this 4 times as Army reserve simulated wartime hospital exercises…Is this considered clinical work experience? I know that deployments and humanitarian missions etc are, but what about training exercises?

Members don't see this ad.

Short and simple: I was the phlebotomist and lab tech, real doctors gave real diagnosis and provided treatment in real time, there were patient backstories and pt interaction etc- All surgeries were fake (Mannequin type chests etc), all drugs were fake and all of the patients were actors. I have done this 4 times as Army reserve simulated wartime hospital exercises…Is this considered clinical work experience? I know that deployments and humanitarian missions etc are, but what about training exercises?
Nope.

Your experience needs to be with real patients.

If you have worked as a phlebotomist, you have clinical work experience. You really don't need to pile on other stuff. Keep it Simple, Soldier (KISS).

Were you a worker or a "patient"? If you want to highlight whatever role you had in these military exercises and they weren't part of your regular military job, you could call it "other" and describe the role with an emphasis on the teamwork aspect of disaster training exercises.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have worked as a phlebotomist, you have clinical work experience. You really don't need to pile on other stuff. Keep it Simple, Soldier (KISS).

Were you a worker or a "patient"? If you want to highlight whatever role you had in these military exercises and they weren't part of your regular military job, you could call it "other" and describe the role with an emphasis on the teamwork aspect of disaster training exercises.
Roger that! I just have an excess (>25) of actually meaningful things to compress down in to my work activities and just want to know where to put different things.

Something like:
Clinical work -
- X humanitarian mission from x/xx/xxx - x/x/xxx - 150 hours Short description
- Blood donor center from x/xx/xxx - x/xx/xxx and x/xx/xxx to x/xx/xxx 300 hours Short description
- Community hospital from x/xx/xxx - x/x/xxx - 1,500 hours short description

Non- clinical work -
- Lab manager from x/xx/xxx - x/x/xxx - 1,000 hours
- Military training exercise(s) from x/xx/xxx - x/xx/xxx - 200 hours short description
and x/xx/xxx to x/xx/xxx - 200 hours Short description

ETC. For cramming those many things in to fewer slots, is that a sufficient method? I just don't want to play anything meaningful short, but if it sparks curiosity, if it matters will it come up in an interview and the longer descriptions of abnormal things is unnecessary if I just don't have the room to put it?

Also, @LizzyM You've got the wrong word for that final S :laugh:

Roger that! I just have an excess (>25) of actually meaningful things to compress down in to my work activities and just want to know where to put different things.

Something like:
Clinical work -
- X humanitarian mission from x/xx/xxx - x/x/xxx - 150 hours Short description
- Blood donor center from x/xx/xxx - x/xx/xxx and x/xx/xxx to x/xx/xxx 300 hours Short description
- Community hospital from x/xx/xxx - x/x/xxx - 1,500 hours short description

Non- clinical work -
- Lab manager from x/xx/xxx - x/x/xxx - 1,000 hours
- Military training exercise(s) from x/xx/xxx - x/xx/xxx - 200 hours short description

ETC. For cramming those many things in to fewer slots, is that a sufficient method? I just don't want to play anything meaningful short, but if it sparks curiosity, if it matters will it come up in an interview and the longer descriptions of abnormal things is unnecessary if I just don't have the room to put it?

Every full-time job of more than 12 weeks duration should have a slot, if possible. Humanitarian missions, blood center, etc, might be lower priority. Pick three and use those and dump the rest.
Also, @LizzyM You've got the wrong word for that final S :laugh:
Trying to avoid getting into trouble for being disrespectful.

Im sure SDN would let you off the hook.

You'd think but then I got this in October... "Though this is just a warning, a continued pattern of posting unprofessional content will result in infractions that limit or remove your ability to post on the forums." so I've been on my best behavior. :)

Reactions: 4 users
You'd think but then I got this in October... "Though this is just a warning, a continued pattern of posting unprofessional content will result in infractions that limit or remove your ability to post on the forums." so I've been on my best behavior. :)

You? Really?

Reactions: 1 user
It appears that there is an automated algorithm that identifies a post that proclaim an OP to be an ungrateful whiner and automatically sends a stern warning to the name caller.

That makes sense. One time I told someone they were using a logical fallacy in their argument, and I got a warning for that.