Rearview Mirror: Ectopic should create the thread after this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yay! she did come back!

Members don't see this ad.

and she just gave me the new page

maybe that will cheer me up

BIG HUG!!! *i apparently give awesome hugs* but i don't know how well they will come across through cyber space!

Members don't see this ad :)
because you remember how CRAPPY you thought you did, and when you get the pass, you realize how bad you can do and still pass

really? cause I was a bad doctor today. I can act, and I can doctor, but I couldn't be an actor and a doctor at the same time. :oops:

anytime, babe... it doesn't mean as much to me as it apparently does to you :p:smuggrin:

I guess you weren't around when we all fought for the first on a page so that we could pick out a picture.

I wouldn't mind standardized pts if it weren't videotaped and no one was watching over my back (reading my soap notes and critiquing them.

I guess you weren't around when we all fought for the first on a page so that we could pick out a picture.

i was around!!! i contributed to allowing all of you to get pictures, but it wasn't that HUGE of a deal for me ;) plus, i miss chumbojumbo, he made it fun.. he would always get so worked up about a new page!

Step 2 CS + end-stage matchitis :(

I was hoping it wasn't more than that. Good to hear it's the normal fears than the abnormal...if that makes any sense.

BIG HUG!!! *i apparently give awesome hugs* but i don't know how well they will come across through cyber space!

hey, are you still on? I got your text message (much appreciated) but my texting isn't unlimited :p

Members don't see this ad :)
i was around!!! i contributed to allowing all of you to get pictures, but it wasn't that HUGE of a deal for me ;) plus, i miss chumbojumbo, he made it fun.. he would always get so worked up about a new page!

So true! I wish he'd follow through with his promises and come back.

I wouldn't mind standardized pts if it weren't videotaped and no one was watching over my back (reading my soap notes and critiquing them.

i just can't seem to get over the fact that they are acting!!! and they are TERRIBLE actors, esp. the ones at the philly test spot... one of them giggled in the middle of mine

hey, are you still on? I got your text message (much appreciated) but my texting isn't unlimited :p

i am still on!!! my texting isn't unlimited either, but you sounded so blue, and i wasn't sure if you were on or not... you are such a happy person and it sucks to see you blue

I dunno. I think I am seriously bummed. The stuff I forgot to ask I never would have forgotten if I was focused on just the H&P/patient and not the test and weird actor person looking at me and trying to act like this was all normal. Everyone else at the center felt like crap, too, but still

i just can't seem to get over the fact that they are acting!!! and they are TERRIBLE actors, esp. the ones at the philly test spot... one of them giggled in the middle of mine

hahahaha...

I was in the beginning of one of my interviews and I tripped over the foot step of the pt bed (pt was in a chair at the time). Then I decided that interview was over pretty much, so I relaxed and joked about it the whole time. Told the pt to watch out for the step because it likes to trip you and things like that.

So true! I wish he'd follow through with his promises and come back.

i really, really hope he matches this year!!! scramble is my biggest nightmare... i've actually had dreams and i wake up feeling awful.

i am still on!!! my texting isn't unlimited either, but you sounded so blue, and i wasn't sure if you were on or not... you are such a happy person and it sucks to see you blue

aw, you're so sweet :love:. I am a happy person, but my dark side is that I can be very hard on myself sometimes. I expected more of myself today. :(

I dunno. I think I am seriously bummed. The stuff I forgot to ask I never would have forgotten if I was focused on just the H&P/patient and not the test and weird actor person looking at me and trying to act like this was all normal. Everyone else at the center felt like crap, too, but still

darling, i know it is totally worthless for me to say this to you, but they expect you to miss out on things, you can't possibly ask a COMPLETE h/p in the time allocated; they also know it's a test... and trust me, there are some horrendous stuff that people have forgotten to ask/do during the exam and they still passed... if everyone in MY class can pass (H24g, you know why this is significant), than so can you. trust me...

i really, really hope he matches this year!!! scramble is my biggest nightmare... i've actually had dreams and i wake up feeling awful.

I can completely understand.

I think that's why I like to whine on SDN so much - everyone in real life doesn;t take me seriously when I'm worried/disappointed

h24g I'm sure it all turned out. Too bad you have to wait to get the results.

aw, you're so sweet :love:. I am a happy person, but my dark side is that I can be very hard on myself sometimes. I expected more of myself today. :(

you're preaching to the choir!!! i'm a perfectionist, and i can never please myself enough. But of all tests, this is one of the times when you should cutt yourself some slack... you know it's not a REAL reflection of your clinical abilities; it's just a reflection of your ability to speak english and a reflection that you are not a jerk!

darling, i know it is totally worthless for me to say this to you, but they expect you to miss out on things, you can't possibly ask a COMPLETE h/p in the time allocated; they also know it's a test... and trust me, there are some horrendous stuff that people have forgotten to ask/do during the exam and they still passed... if everyone in MY class can pass (H24g, you know why this is significant), than so can you. trust me...

do they really expect you to ask everyone about their sex lives, etc? It was unclear whether they wanted focused or complete h&ps, and I ended up with a hybrid :confused:

I think that's why I like to whine on SDN so much - everyone in real life doesn;t take me seriously when I'm worried/disappointed

SDN is always good for this. Reminds me, the test I told you guys about isn't until a week from tomorrow, so I will have to wait again.

i get the same!!! my friends tell me to shut up and stop whinning cause they are sure I aced an exam when I walk out bummed... and i try to convince them i BOMBED it and they refuse to believe me (i.e the surgery shelf!)

you're preaching to the choir!!! i'm a perfectionist, and i can never please myself enough. But of all tests, this is one of the times when you should cutt yourself some slack... you know it's not a REAL reflection of your clinical abilities; it's just a reflection of your ability to speak english and a reflection that you are not a jerk!

Ack- but I keep thinking the SPs think I'm stupid :laugh:. Time to crack out my self-help book again. I really liked this book, but now I can't find it.

do they really expect you to ask everyone about their sex lives, etc? It was unclear whether they wanted focused or complete h&ps, and I ended up with a hybrid :confused:

hahahahaha.... my friends still make fun of me about this one, we have had practice sp sessions thorughout our med school career and one at the end of the third year was a patient with a cough or something; so i go into the room and (we had just gotten the sexual history lecture), so i start asking this poor lady with a cough: men, women, or both... oral, anal, vaginal... what kind of contraception, how frequently, are you satisfied with your sex life, are you able to orgasm... etc.. and she was just like.. umm i have a cough!!!

of course a bunch of my classmates were on the other side of hte screen and won't let me forget about it...you have to admit though, i was very thorough

he will match - he got a lot of interviews :luck:

hahahahaha.... my friends still make fun of me about this one, we have had practice sp sessions thorughout our med school career and one at the end of the third year was a patient with a cough or something; so i go into the room and (we had just gotten the sexual history lecture), so i start asking this poor lady with a cough: men, women, or both... oral, anal, vaginal... what kind of contraception, how frequently, are you satisfied with your sex life, are you able to orgasm... etc.. and she was just like.. umm i have a cough!!!

of course a bunch of my classmates were on the other side of hte screen and won't let me forget about it...you have to admit though, i was very thorough

so is that a yes (I have been robbed of my humor, apparently) :confused:?

he will match - he got a lot of interviews :luck:

yeah?? he stopped posting for a while...i guess i will ride him about telling me where wants to go when he gets back; or at least where he interviewed and what he thought about it

so is that a yes (I have been robbed of my humor, apparently) :confused:?

that's a i'm so tired, i'm not making sense anymore...

i only asked about sexual history when it was relevant.... pt with abdominal pain etc.

oh and h24g, I think you missed the question on the last page...what was the name of the meat place you went to last week that was so filling?

Sorry it's so random...it's been one of those days for me.

<sigh> sometimes I wish I could just worry to my hubby and friends and just be comforted instead of poo-pooed :(

oh and h24g, I think you missed the question on the last page...what was the name of the meat place you went to last week that was so filling?

Sorry it's so random...it's been one of those days for me.

dude, I answered this - Fogo de Chao

you know what's awesome about EM... no pre-conceived rank-lists, where you feel pressured to rank some programs because of their "prestige"...

this forum goes to show you how one man's trash is another man's treasure...

i mean look at even just the people who post here, everyone loves different programs! don't you remember when em2b was asking how we felt about being in competition for the same spots!!! i don't feel that way at all.

<sigh> sometimes I wish I could just worry to my hubby and friends and just be comforted instead of poo-pooed :(

if you let me whine to you, i'll let you whine to me...

everytime i try to whine... my friends yell at me and tell me to get over myself :(

you know what's awesome about EM... no pre-conceived rank-lists, where you feel pressured to rank some programs because of their "prestige"...

i mean look at even just the people who post here, everyone loves different programs! don't you remember when em2b was asking how we felt about being in competition for the same spots!!! i don't feel that way at all.

I am noticing how well this works. Does that really happen in other areas? uggh. so glad I don't want anything but EM.

this is true - although both a classmate of mine and someone I met on the interview trail are ranking my #1 first, along with god knows who else. :scared:

everytime i try to whine... my friends yell at me and tell me to get over myself :(

Awww...you 2 should definitely keep in contact then. Always need that support system.

yeah, overachievers need love, too +pity+

this is true - although both a classmate of mine and someone I met on the interview trail are ranking my #1 first, along with god knows who else. :scared:

Then again, remember how many were on sdn that were ranking cinci #1 and I think all of them got it too?

I am noticing how well this works. Does that really happen in other areas? uggh. so glad I don't want anything but EM.

i have a friend who is going into EM, and his rank list is literally based on what the best hospitals are... 1. bwh, 2. john hopkins, etc... and it's based PURELY on where they are ranked, not based on the programs that he liked the most, because i know that if he ranked them based on where he liked them, his ranked list would have been entirely different... dude, if he even ranked them based on geography it would have been a whole other rank list.