Research on Work/Activities Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

After trying to find my answer in the Official 18-19 thread, I still have a question in regards to entering research.

2 questions:

1) Should the create a different "research" tab for each of these projects?

I have 3 separate research projects, 1 clinical, 1 that I have/will have presented at a national conference for two consecutive years, a regional conference this year, and the school symposium this year as well as there being an associated publication, and another research project that we worked on for only one quarter but were successful in our endeavor (just ran out of money) and will not re-start until next fall however I will be presenting a poster at the school symposium and will be listed as the author on the poster at a national conference.

2) For the one with publications and multiple conferences etc. How do I organize that?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Members don't see this ad.

After trying to find my answer in the Official 18-19 thread, I still have a question in regards to entering research.

2 questions:

1) Should the create a different "research" tab for each of these projects?

I have 3 separate research projects, 1 clinical, 1 that I have/will have presented at a national conference for two consecutive years, a regional conference this year, and the school symposium this year as well as there being an associated publication, and another research project that we worked on for only one quarter but were successful in our endeavor (just ran out of money) and will not re-start until next fall however I will be presenting a poster at the school symposium and will be listed as the author on the poster at a national conference.

2) For the one with publications and multiple conferences etc. How do I organize that?

Thank you for any help you can provide!
1) You may create a separate entry for each research project under Research, in addition to a Publications space, and a Posters/Presentations space, where you can group multiple entries. You may also group those Research projects if you are running out of space, have little to say, they took place in the same lab with the same Contact, or it seems logical due to related topic. There is no one correct way to organize what you want to relate.

2) Any poster, pub, or presentation that took place at a campus venue can be mentioned with the affiliated Research entry. Any that occurred at a regional/national location or journal deserves its own spot, if you have space (but most will group them). If any of those data sharings came out of the same project, they could be mentioned together in one spot tagged under the highest prestige format: National Pub > Regional Pub > Abstract in a national journal > National Poster/Presentation > Regional Poster/Presentation > abstract in a conference brochure > campus pub > campus poster/presentation.

If the data set from the campus presentation was later presented in poster format at a regional conference and then finally published in a national journal, you would cite is under Publication and then mention after the citation in the same space, "Data also presented orally at DDDD College Research Symposium x/x/xx, and again as a poster that won second place at the YYY Conference in Tucson z/zz/zz date."

Reactions: 1 user