This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Swansocl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a P3 and am interested in a career in primary care, specifically diabetes management. I'm realizing that for the most part a residency is required to work in this field, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a path to a career in primary care where a residency wouldn't be required, and if so what is it?

2. As far as residencies go, what are the options? Am care, community, etc?
 
It's very possible to get into primary care as a pharmacist without a residency in the Indian Health Service.

I've seen you post on these forums before, and you seem knowledgeable about the USPHS. I just started pharmacy school, but I'm interested in the USPHS as a potential career pathway. Is it okay for me to PM you some questions?