Residency Applicant Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now that it is getting closer I'm getting a little nervous. Was this what I was supposed to feel like at my wedding? :oops:

Yup :)

Cannot wait to check this thread after rounds today... GL!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't sleep well at all! It's a reasonable time to be awake now, so I'm just giving in...I'm so nervous!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok...we have waited long enough. This is ridiculous!

omg....the email just arrived. i cant open it

I didn't match! :thumbdown: C'est la vie!

Good luck to everyone else!!:luck:

I matched to my #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only interviewed at 2 programs so unlike everyone else here I didn't have a huge problem ranking.

Unfortunately I'm scrambling....crap I thought I interviewed well

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my #1!!!! Good luck everyone :)

It will be interesting to see whether the percentage of scramblers increased this year. There were more people applying, but I think a few new positions opened. I just hope that it's not like 50% of applicants not matching next year when I am going through this.

I only interviewed at 2 programs so unlike everyone else here I didn't have a huge problem ranking.

Unfortunately I'm scrambling....crap I thought I interviewed well

I'm sure you did interview well, it's just a numbers game! I only interviewed with one program so the odds were against me too. Good luck with the scramble, I think I'm going to accept one of my retail offers instead this year.

Oh, I'm so sorry Jen, will you scramble?

Nope I'm going to accept a retail position. I have a couple offers on the table, now to choose between them!! :) It's better for me financially, but if I would've matched, I would've loved that too.

I just matched to my #1! Very excited!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone!

I matched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!! :)

I matched to my #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my #1!!!! Good luck everyone :)

I just matched to my #1! Very excited!

Matched my number one

Matched to my #1 choice! So happy! Congrats to everyone who matched and good luck to all the scramblers! :D:)

Congrats to everyone! Looks to be a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck in here :thumbup:

Congrats to those who matched. It's on to the scramble for me!

Congrats again to everyone who matched! For those who didn't withdraw from the match, is the scramble list out yet? I can't find anything on the website to login to, and I'm wondering if maybe it won't come out until the original 12pm EDT time as planned.

Congrats again to everyone who matched! For those who didn't withdraw from the match, is the scramble list out yet? I can't find anything on the website to login to, and I'm wondering if maybe it won't come out until the original 12pm EDT time as planned.

They don't release it til 12 EST so it is fair to everyone. Everyone can get to it at the same time.

Congrats to everyone matched and good luck to hunters and scramblers!! Ugh, next source of anxiety: NAPLEX/MPJE...sigh, one day I'll be ulcer-free!

My classmates are cleaning up so far! We are a small class and not many people were shooting for residency but:

1 person got #1 choice in managed care (Humana corporate HQ)
2 people got #1 choices in hospitals in California
1 person got #2 choice (somewhere in Kansas)
1 person got a psych emphasis PGY1 (not sure where she'd ranked it)
1 person got #1 choice in community pharmacy/amb care (me!!!)
1 person still in the running for out of match DI residency

Looks like two people scrambling and two people who did couples match are still unaccounted for. I think that's everyone.

Pretty good for a candidate status school and first class applying!! :D

Got my number one!! Large university hospital with a teaching certificate!! Yeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all those who matched and good luck to the scramblers!

I have felt nervous for you guys just reading this thread!

ehhh...residency is overrated... y'all just going to be nothing more than slave labor..

:smuggrin:

Can you get on with a hospital?

I doubt it - I've submitted a boatload of online applications across the country with no favorable responses. I don't have any contacts with hospitals and no hospital experience. I'm not even sure I want to practice in a hospital (the only reason I would do so is to open future non-retail doors).

I have 10 years under my belt with Walgreens and it'll be easy for me to stick with them (once I decide what city to settle down in, I have several offers across the country) and I'll probably just do that.

My classmates are cleaning up so far! We are a small class and not many people were shooting for residency but:

1 person got #1 choice in managed care (Humana corporate HQ)
2 people got #1 choices in hospitals in California
1 person got #2 choice (somewhere in Kansas)
1 person got a psych emphasis PGY1 (not sure where she'd ranked it)
1 person got #1 choice in community pharmacy/amb care (me!!!)
1 person still in the running for out of match DI residency

Looks like two people scrambling and two people who did couples match are still unaccounted for. I think that's everyone.

Pretty good for a candidate status school and first class applying!! :D

Wait a minute, you mean we aren't a diploma mill? ;)

Congrats AFMD. :thumbup:

When you get a chance, if you don't mind shooting me an email I'll appreciate it.

Congrats!!! SDN really does cleanup on these things. The pre-Pharm acceptance rate is high, and I would say the match this year corroborates as such.

We matched our number one and two choices... Stiff competition this year!!!

1250 unmatched applicants for 146 unmatched PGY1 spots. Whoa.

Wow, the stats as to who matched and did not match are not pretty.

Gluck to all the free agents!