Residency Applicant Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck!!! All of the hard work to get here is done. Relax and enjoy the closing out of rotations.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody, I'm a long time reader first time poster and looking for support during this time of stressful waiting! I applied to just one residency program, got an interview, it went very well, and I ranked it. Thus my chances of matching are somewhat lower than folks applying far and wide... I just wish Wednesday would come already! :)

:luck:Good luck to everyone waiting for the match!:luck:

Waiting these last 2 days is helllllllll...if I don't match after doing 8 residency interviews ima seriously lose it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
We should have scheduled a trip to Disneyland this week to take our minds off of the wait! :D

I was happy to get an offer for a retail position with Walgreens as my backup plan, just to take a bit of the weight off my shoulders.

Are you other waiters going to scramble if a match doesn't happen?

OK, reading my Match instructions... Looks like we can log into the system and see our results at noon on Wednesday. But we might get an email earlier than that? Does anyone know when the email might arrive? One of my friends was talking about scrambling in the morning, but is that even possible? I hate waiting! :mad::D

OK, reading my Match instructions... Looks like we can log into the system and see our results at noon on Wednesday. But we might get an email earlier than that? Does anyone know when the email might arrive? One of my friends was talking about scrambling in the morning, but is that even possible? I hate waiting! :mad::D

The email arrived around 9-10 central time last year. We get an email. You are not allowed to scramble before 12 PM EST on Wednesday. Any contact before then is a violation of the rules.

The more and more I have to wait.....the more self doubt comes into play. And my family has a horrible trial and sentencing on Wednesday. It'll be bittersweet (if I match).

It's noon Eastern Time Zone... so that equals morning in most of the country. I didn't know about that email, I guess I'll be refreshing that Q Minute PRN all morning long ;)

The email arrived around 9-10 central time last year. We get an email. You are not allowed to scramble before 12 PM EST on Wednesday. Any contact before then is a violation of the rules.

The more and more I have to wait.....the more self doubt comes into play. And my family has a horrible trial and sentencing on Wednesday. It'll be bittersweet (if I match).

I am crossing my fingers for both of us. Hang in there about the trial stuff. Have waaaaaaay too much experience with the justice system myself. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Last year I got my email at about 7:45 (Eastern Time) saying that I didn't match. Everyone I talked to got theirs at about the same time. The scramble did not start until 12 noon EST.

Hopefully mybresults are better Wednesday!!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just tried to look at my profile on the match website but it won't let me. I guess this is normal and it will be available again on Wednesday? I'm freaking out too much, and I can't even drink a beer or pop a Xanax to relax! :laugh:

Mine isn't available either....I keep checking hoping someone accidently hits the wrong button and it shows me, but no such luck. Luckily I've got a very busy day at rotation tomorrow.....tomorrow night is going to be torture. I hope that we are notified at 7:45 (thats 6:45 here) so that I'm not in agony all morning.

I am so nervous. I really hope I match with one of my six choices. March 23rd just needs to be here!

Mine isn't available either....I keep checking hoping someone accidently hits the wrong button and it shows me, but no such luck. Luckily I've got a very busy day at rotation tomorrow.....tomorrow night is going to be torture. I hope that we are notified at 7:45 (thats 6:45 here) so that I'm not in agony all morning.

Definitely got to keep busy... Idle time is murder.

what kills me is that some computer somewhere knows my destiny right now!

also, my preceptor is at a regional meeting so I'm off for the rest of the week...nothing to do tomorrow but watch time crawl by.

Best of luck to everyone.

It is way more fun being on the other side!

It is nerve-wrecking for us too, especially if we end up having to scramble.

what kills me is that some computer somewhere knows my destiny right now!

also, my preceptor is at a regional meeting so I'm off for the rest of the week...nothing to do tomorrow but watch time crawl by.

Best of luck to everyone.

I hear you! My wife is trying to match and ranked 6 programs. I'm going to be pissed if she doesn't match. We have been counting down for over a month now. I hope everything works out for you! 36 hours and counting...

At least it's not like the medical residencies, where they find out whether or not they match and then find out WHERE they match a whole two days later...this is like a ripping off a Band-Aid, where we find out whether we match and where we match at the same time.

Best of luck to everyone!

Its a little too late but Pharmacy Schools should promote a Match Day Celebration like the med schools do. How cool would that be?

Instead pharmacists squawk around with no leadership and no general direction, as usual.

In the spirit of killing time and to not think about the waiting...

What are you going to do to celebrate when you match? :xf:

In the spirit of killing time and to not think about the waiting...

What are you going to do to celebrate when you match? :xf:

send flowers to my mom and gf, who were both amazingly supportive throughout the whole process.

then drink 80 beers.

So how will scramble work then? It's a little confusing.
It will be a post-scramble scramble. Since there will still be a lot of people who don't get a spot even after the scramble, I assume those people will look at these 20 sites. The timing is terrible though as I would think people will be trying to accept job offers if they don't get a spot after the scramble.

Instead pharmacists squawk around with no leadership and no general direction, as usual.
:laugh: So, so true :laugh:

Last year I got my email at about 7:45 (Eastern Time) saying that I didn't match. Everyone I talked to got theirs at about the same time. The scramble did not start until 12 noon EST.

Hopefully my results are better Wednesday!!:xf:

Ughh by telling this I can see us all anxiously unable to sleep and staying up straight until we see an email from ASHP lol. If I don't match after doing 8 on-sites Ima seriously punch a dog in the throat.

Dang...... I am nervous for you kids

80 beers FTWWWWWWWWW
:D:cool:

Ughh by telling this I can see us all anxiously unable to sleep and staying up straight until we see an email from ASHP lol. If I don't match after doing 8 on-sites Ima seriously punch a dog in the throat.
:laugh: dude, I only did 5 but I feel the same way. I've been telling people that if I don't match I'm dropping out of school.

I had 8 interviews too. If I don't match, I might stab myself to death with a counting spatula! :laugh:

Relax! If we don't match, we can just suffer through a lucrative year in retail and reapply next year with some cash in our pockets. Our futures are bright! :thumbup:

I had 8 interviews too. If I don't match, I might stab myself to death with a counting spatula! :laugh:

jeebus, how many thank you cards do you realistically think you sent?

With 5 interviews, I probably sent 50.

Relax! If we don't match, we can just suffer through a lucrative year in retail and reapply next year with some cash in our pockets. Our futures are bright! :thumbup:

Great attitude. Its nice to see people around here who aren't always complaining or doom and glooming.

im totally at peace....i match i match, if not, i rack up the cell phone bill in the next 2 days:laugh::laugh:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

My preceptor gave us the morning off to chill and a few hours off in the afternoon in case we need to scramble. I can't really scramble though since I'm limited to residencies in this city and I ranked the ones I would want to do (and ruled out the others). I'm hoping I match but as the time grows closer I'm getting more and more skeered. :scared:

jeebus, how many thank you cards do you realistically think you sent?

With 5 interviews, I probably sent 50.

I am sure that I hand wrote at least 75 thank you notes. I did the same after Midyear. I am going to have carpal tunnel! :laugh:

What state(s) are people going for?

NJ for my wife

What state(s) are people going for?

NJ for my wife

Oklahoma!!

And I am sooo nervous!! I'm gonna have to take some Ambien if I want any sleep tonight!!

OU is having a match watch party and on Thursday we are having a reception. Also, if someone has to scramble there are about 3-4 faculty members on each campus that have the morning off to help.

Oklahoma!!

And I am sooo nervous!! I'm gonna have to take some Ambien if I want any sleep tonight!!

OU is having a match watch party and on Thursday we are having a reception. Also, if someone has to scramble there are about 3-4 faculty members on each campus that have the morning off to help.

Oh, and match students get the day off if they want. Eeeekkk!!

My rotation was horrible - I could not concentrate at all because all I was thinking about was match...