-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Residency Applicant Support Thread
Started by Praziquantel86
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey everybody, I'm a long time reader first time poster and looking for support during this time of stressful waiting! I applied to just one residency program, got an interview, it went very well, and I ranked it. Thus my chances of matching are somewhat lower than folks applying far and wide... I just wish Wednesday would come already! 🙂
Good luck to everyone waiting for the match!
Good luck to everyone waiting for the match!
Waiting these last 2 days is helllllllll...if I don't match after doing 8 residency interviews ima seriously lose it lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting these last 2 days is helllllllll...if I don't match after doing 8 residency interviews ima seriously lose it lol
Less than 48 hours!!!
We should have scheduled a trip to Disneyland this week to take our minds off of the wait! 😀
I was happy to get an offer for a retail position with Walgreens as my backup plan, just to take a bit of the weight off my shoulders.
Are you other waiters going to scramble if a match doesn't happen?
I was happy to get an offer for a retail position with Walgreens as my backup plan, just to take a bit of the weight off my shoulders.
Are you other waiters going to scramble if a match doesn't happen?
OK, reading my Match instructions... Looks like we can log into the system and see our results at noon on Wednesday. But we might get an email earlier than that? Does anyone know when the email might arrive? One of my friends was talking about scrambling in the morning, but is that even possible? I hate waiting! 😡😀
OK, reading my Match instructions... Looks like we can log into the system and see our results at noon on Wednesday. But we might get an email earlier than that? Does anyone know when the email might arrive? One of my friends was talking about scrambling in the morning, but is that even possible? I hate waiting! 😡😀
The email arrived around 9-10 central time last year. We get an email. You are not allowed to scramble before 12 PM EST on Wednesday. Any contact before then is a violation of the rules.
The more and more I have to wait.....the more self doubt comes into play. And my family has a horrible trial and sentencing on Wednesday. It'll be bittersweet (if I match).
The email arrived around 9-10 central time last year. We get an email. You are not allowed to scramble before 12 PM EST on Wednesday. Any contact before then is a violation of the rules.
The more and more I have to wait.....the more self doubt comes into play. And my family has a horrible trial and sentencing on Wednesday. It'll be bittersweet (if I match).
I am crossing my fingers for both of us. Hang in there about the trial stuff. Have waaaaaaay too much experience with the justice system myself. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
There will be 20 sites, most likely, with this program http://www.ashpfoundation.org/MainMenuCategories/Education/PGY-1-Expansion-Grants-Program.aspx. I suppose though, that will be after the scramble. The post-scramble scramble???
There will be 20 sites, most likely, with this program http://www.ashpfoundation.org/MainMenuCategories/Education/PGY-1-Expansion-Grants-Program.aspx. I suppose though, that will be after the scramble. The post-scramble scramble???
Like the afterparty for an afterparty? 😛
I just tried to look at my profile on the match website but it won't let me. I guess this is normal and it will be available again on Wednesday? I'm freaking out too much, and I can't even drink a beer or pop a Xanax to relax! 

There will be 20 sites, most likely, with this program http://www.ashpfoundation.org/MainMenuCategories/Education/PGY-1-Expansion-Grants-Program.aspx. I suppose though, that will be after the scramble. The post-scramble scramble???
are those 20 sites disclosed yet?
I just tried to look at my profile on the match website but it won't let me. I guess this is normal and it will be available again on Wednesday? I'm freaking out too much, and I can't even drink a beer or pop a Xanax to relax!![]()
Mine isn't available either....I keep checking hoping someone accidently hits the wrong button and it shows me, but no such luck. Luckily I've got a very busy day at rotation tomorrow.....tomorrow night is going to be torture. I hope that we are notified at 7:45 (thats 6:45 here) so that I'm not in agony all morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm freaking out too much, and I can't even drink a beer or pop a Xanax to relax!![]()
HEY there's an idea! I'll have a beer for ya tonight! 😉
No. The grant winners won't even be notified until the end of April.are those 20 sites disclosed yet?
Mine isn't available either....I keep checking hoping someone accidently hits the wrong button and it shows me, but no such luck. Luckily I've got a very busy day at rotation tomorrow.....tomorrow night is going to be torture. I hope that we are notified at 7:45 (thats 6:45 here) so that I'm not in agony all morning.
Definitely got to keep busy... Idle time is murder.
I felt this was appropriate...
[YOUTUBE]9jK-NcRmVcw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]9jK-NcRmVcw[/YOUTUBE]
what kills me is that some computer somewhere knows my destiny right now!
also, my preceptor is at a regional meeting so I'm off for the rest of the week...nothing to do tomorrow but watch time crawl by.
Best of luck to everyone.
also, my preceptor is at a regional meeting so I'm off for the rest of the week...nothing to do tomorrow but watch time crawl by.
Best of luck to everyone.
No. The grant winners won't even be notified until the end of April.
So how will scramble work then? It's a little confusing.
No. The grant winners won't even be notified until the end of April.
lol this party could go on for a while

what kills me is that some computer somewhere knows my destiny right now!
also, my preceptor is at a regional meeting so I'm off for the rest of the week...nothing to do tomorrow but watch time crawl by.
Best of luck to everyone.
I hear you! My wife is trying to match and ranked 6 programs. I'm going to be pissed if she doesn't match. We have been counting down for over a month now. I hope everything works out for you! 36 hours and counting...
At least it's not like the medical residencies, where they find out whether or not they match and then find out WHERE they match a whole two days later...this is like a ripping off a Band-Aid, where we find out whether we match and where we match at the same time.
Best of luck to everyone!
Best of luck to everyone!
Its a little too late but Pharmacy Schools should promote a Match Day Celebration like the med schools do. How cool would that be?
Instead pharmacists squawk around with no leadership and no general direction, as usual.
Instead pharmacists squawk around with no leadership and no general direction, as usual.
In the spirit of killing time and to not think about the waiting...
What are you going to do to celebrate when you match?![]()
send flowers to my mom and gf, who were both amazingly supportive throughout the whole process.
then drink 80 beers.
send flowers to my mom and gf, who were both amazingly supportive throughout the whole process.
then drink 80 beers.
This gets an "Awwwwwww" punctuated with a LOL at the end! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It will be a post-scramble scramble. Since there will still be a lot of people who don't get a spot even after the scramble, I assume those people will look at these 20 sites. The timing is terrible though as I would think people will be trying to accept job offers if they don't get a spot after the scramble.So how will scramble work then? It's a little confusing.
Instead pharmacists squawk around with no leadership and no general direction, as usual.
So, so true 
I will "celebrate" with an afternoon and evening of work. Yay! 😛
My days off are Thursday/Friday this week, so I'm clear to celebrate after work.
My days off are Thursday/Friday this week, so I'm clear to celebrate after work.
send flowers to my mom and gf, who were both amazingly supportive throughout the whole process.
then drink 80 beers.
80 beers FTWWWWWWWWW
Last year I got my email at about 7:45 (Eastern Time) saying that I didn't match. Everyone I talked to got theirs at about the same time. The scramble did not start until 12 noon EST.
Hopefully my results are better Wednesday!!![]()
Ughh by telling this I can see us all anxiously unable to sleep and staying up straight until we see an email from ASHP lol. If I don't match after doing 8 on-sites Ima seriously punch a dog in the throat.
Good luck everyone! Hope everything works out for the best for y'all! 👍
😀😎80 beers FTWWWWWWWWW
Ughh by telling this I can see us all anxiously unable to sleep and staying up straight until we see an email from ASHP lol. If I don't match after doing 8 on-sites Ima seriously punch a dog in the throat.
dude, I only did 5 but I feel the same way. I've been telling people that if I don't match I'm dropping out of school.I had 8 interviews too. If I don't match, I might stab myself to death with a counting spatula!![]()
jeebus, how many thank you cards do you realistically think you sent?
With 5 interviews, I probably sent 50.
Relax! If we don't match, we can just suffer through a lucrative year in retail and reapply next year with some cash in our pockets. Our futures are bright! 👍
Great attitude. Its nice to see people around here who aren't always complaining or doom and glooming.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
My preceptor gave us the morning off to chill and a few hours off in the afternoon in case we need to scramble. I can't really scramble though since I'm limited to residencies in this city and I ranked the ones I would want to do (and ruled out the others). I'm hoping I match but as the time grows closer I'm getting more and more skeered.
My preceptor gave us the morning off to chill and a few hours off in the afternoon in case we need to scramble. I can't really scramble though since I'm limited to residencies in this city and I ranked the ones I would want to do (and ruled out the others). I'm hoping I match but as the time grows closer I'm getting more and more skeered.

jeebus, how many thank you cards do you realistically think you sent?
With 5 interviews, I probably sent 50.
I am sure that I hand wrote at least 75 thank you notes. I did the same after Midyear. I am going to have carpal tunnel!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What state(s) are people going for?
NJ for my wife
Oklahoma!!
And I am sooo nervous!! I'm gonna have to take some Ambien if I want any sleep tonight!!
OU is having a match watch party and on Thursday we are having a reception. Also, if someone has to scramble there are about 3-4 faculty members on each campus that have the morning off to help.
Oklahoma!!
And I am sooo nervous!! I'm gonna have to take some Ambien if I want any sleep tonight!!
OU is having a match watch party and on Thursday we are having a reception. Also, if someone has to scramble there are about 3-4 faculty members on each campus that have the morning off to help.
Oh, and match students get the day off if they want. Eeeekkk!!
[YOUTUBE]8zH2SdusXuw[/YOUTUBE]
Now that it is getting closer I'm getting a little nervous. Was this what I was supposed to feel like at my wedding? 😳
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
