This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Majd Abderahman

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
morning

i am currently doing my Internship in Jordan, and i am interested in doing my residency in Germany...

i am wondering if there is a program there in English with no German language required for IMGs like me.

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

morning

i am currently doing my Internship in Jordan, and i am interested in doing my residency in Germany...

i am wondering if there is a program there in English with no German language required for IMGs like me.

thank you

I am not sure if this makes a lot of sense as your patients will speak German. You may consider English speaking countries for a start.

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure if this makes a lot of sense as your patients will speak German. You may consider English speaking countries for a start.

i understand that .. and i am aware that german language would be necessary to some extent ... but what i am saying is .. is there hospitals that do not require you to speak german at a minimum level ??

i've read on some site that military hospitals require no knowledge of the language at all ... however i have no idea what sort of residency programs they offer

i understand that .. and i am aware that german language would be necessary to some extent ... but what i am saying is .. is there hospitals that do not require you to speak german at a minimum level ??

i've read on some site that military hospitals require no knowledge of the language at all ... however i have no idea what sort of residency programs they offer

You need to speak German. Unlike the UK and Ireland, the majority of European countries do not offer formal residency programs and instead you apply for assistenzarzt/médecin assistant positions directly with the department.

Get in touch with the Goethe Institut in the meantime and learn the language instensively. I know a few doctors from the ME who did very well here after they learned the langauge in their native countries.

Reactions: 1 users