Majd Abderahman

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2017
  1. Medical Student
    morning

i am currently doing my Internship in Jordan, and i am interested in doing my residency in Germany...

i am wondering if there is a program there in English with no German language required for IMGs like me.

thank you

Animalcules

5+ Year Member
    Oct 17, 2015
    1. Attending Physician
      morning

i am currently doing my Internship in Jordan, and i am interested in doing my residency in Germany...

i am wondering if there is a program there in English with no German language required for IMGs like me.

thank you

I am not sure if this makes a lot of sense as your patients will speak German. You may consider English speaking countries for a start.

Reactions: 1 user

Majd Abderahman

2+ Year Member
      Mar 28, 2017
      1. Medical Student
        I am not sure if this makes a lot of sense as your patients will speak German. You may consider English speaking countries for a start.

i understand that .. and i am aware that german language would be necessary to some extent ... but what i am saying is .. is there hospitals that do not require you to speak german at a minimum level ??

i've read on some site that military hospitals require no knowledge of the language at all ... however i have no idea what sort of residency programs they offer

Malthusian99

2+ Year Member
        Jun 13, 2017
        1. Non-Student
          i understand that .. and i am aware that german language would be necessary to some extent ... but what i am saying is .. is there hospitals that do not require you to speak german at a minimum level ??

i've read on some site that military hospitals require no knowledge of the language at all ... however i have no idea what sort of residency programs they offer

You need to speak German. Unlike the UK and Ireland, the majority of European countries do not offer formal residency programs and instead you apply for assistenzarzt/médecin assistant positions directly with the department.

Get in touch with the Goethe Institut in the meantime and learn the language instensively. I know a few doctors from the ME who did very well here after they learned the langauge in their native countries.

Reactions: 1 users
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.