Retaking Classes at a cc or postbacc Hunter's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngandambitious1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am deciding on whether to retake a few premed courses(5) at a local 2 year CC or at the Hunter's post-bacc program(known for its linkage to many medical schools but I'm entitled to stay there for 2 years). I just graduated from a 4 year University. I was wondering if D.O schools will look down on me if I retake them at the CC Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I am deciding on whether to retake a few premed courses(5) at a local 2 year CC or at the Hunter's post-bacc program(known for its linkage to many medical schools but I'm entitled to stay there for 2 years). I just graduated from a 4 year University. I was wondering if D.O schools will look down on me if I retake them at the CC Thank you so much!
It has been discussed over and over if you look through. It seems that retaking courses at a CC is not a huge problem.

Ryomagoku is right, it really doesn't seem to matter. Be ready to explain why you retook at a CC however, because there is the remote possibility that adcoms want to be assured you didn't retake at a CC just because these classes are generally perceived as "easier" there. For me, it was about 1/4 the cost to repeat at a couple of local CC's (in addition to being better for my work schedule, timing of wanting to take the classes, and location).

Instead of making a new thread, you could have asked in your old one.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/retake-classes-or-masters.1188316/

For DO it doesn't seem to matter if you do retakes at CC's as long as you're not doing all your pre-reqs at one. Just do well.

The Hunter's postbacc is like 40 semester credits. The linkage makes it take the same duration as if you just did a one year post bacc since normally you'd take the post bacc then apply with a gap/glide year. If you are boning for MD, this or an SMP is a viable option.