Retaking many classes in own major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mriyain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. So I can't believe I didn't think of this until just now- I'm a chemistry major, and I'm planning on retaking 4-5 chemistry courses that I got C's in. I became a chemistry major because being so bad at this subject frustrated me so much that I decided to push myself and earn a degree in it (I was a sophomore when I decided to to this haha). After I declared my major, I got 2 of these chem C grades. I was wondering if DO schools would find it weird that I had to retake so many courses in my own major and think of that as a bad thing? Any info/insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Many people on this forum have done the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Grade replacement is your friend. However, if possible I'd recommend some upper level courses that you haven't previously taken so you can show them you are able to master difficult material the first time around

I had to replace quite a few grades (mainly due to illness), but I recently took biochem for the first time and aced it. I think this catches the eyes of schools and shows them you are more than capable of succeeding

Reactions: 1 user