Retaking PCAT after PharmCAS submission...is it okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xherbear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking my first PCAT on November 5th (3 days from now). To be quite honest, I am not ready....at all. All of my focus and dedication went to organic chem and anatomy, so I did not have time to study. I have a feeling I will score very low on this exam.

The thing is, most pharmD schools run on a first come first 'look' basis, meaning, the earlier you submit your application, the better your chances. I want to get my application in by November 7th, but knowing how bad my potential PCAT score will be, I decided to sign up for the January 5-6 one. If I submit my application on November 7th and the schools see my first PCAT score, will my second PCAT score be too late? As in, is the January PCAT too late and they will have already taken interest in other applicants?

Is there a specific process on how to submit two PCAT scores besides indicating 'planned' or 'taken' on the Tests section of PharmCAS, or is that just it?

BTW, most of the chosen schools' deadlines are March. My GPA is a 3.3 (approximately). My science GPA is 3.4

Members don't see this ad.

I asked about that actually to one of the pharm schools I'm looking at and they said you could submit the jan one even if the deadline is Nov/Dec, but you'd have to let them know. It might have an impact, it might not. But if the deadlines aren't until March I wouldn't worry too much, just let the schools know you're taking it twice... That's what I plan on doing anyways.

Yeah its best to have something then nothing because they only see the highest ones. If you get an interview or talk to admissions let them know you took it again. It will be sent to them automatically. The deadline is similar to my school and the January takers usually don't get in because the seats already filled up. If a student drops then they will look at it. But your person statement is the first thing they see because it doesn't need to be verified. Make sure it's good

If you take a look at the School directories on PharmCas you could see that some schools set a date on the latest PCAT score they accept.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an issue with plagiarism at school which made them decide to suspend me for summer for something worth 3% of the grade in a class. My gpa is 2.95 however, I have some volunteer work, research, shadowed a pharmacist and I am involved in some organizations on campus. Please I wanted to know the best way to study for the pcat,schools to apply into and how to explain my issue.
Thanks

Was it intentional plagiarism? I don't really know how to help but Dr Collins is really helpful for PCAT studying.

I had an issue with plagiarism at school which made them decide to suspend me for summer for something worth 3% of the grade in a class. My gpa is 2.95 however, I have some volunteer work, research, shadowed a pharmacist and I am involved in some organizations on campus. Please I wanted to know the best way to study for the pcat,schools to apply into and how to explain my issue.
Thanks

Hey,

Get the PCAT study guide by Dr. Collins and memorize it... Kaplan book also helps