Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am at the point where I am thinking I might need some sort of GPA repair post graduation.
I currently have a 3.0 cGPA (though upon calculating my AMCAS GPA it is lower ~ 2.87cGPA, 2.5 sGPA). I have about 35 credits remaining - mostly in upper division science courses.
I did well this past semester, which is what brought my GPA up, so assuming I continue on this track, my AMCAS GPA is projected to be about a cGPA of 3.1, sGPA 3.0.
I have good ECs including a lot of research, clinical, and service hours. A lot of my time is also spent on helping the communities I am apart of (AA). I plan to take the MCAT in the beginning of 2019. If I do ok (> 510), is it logical for me to apply next cycle?
I am aware there is a lot of "if"s in my situation, but if I need to do a post bacc I need to start preparing for it financially. I would appreciate any insight - thank you!
I am at the point where I am thinking I might need some sort of GPA repair post graduation.
I currently have a 3.0 cGPA (though upon calculating my AMCAS GPA it is lower ~ 2.87cGPA, 2.5 sGPA). I have about 35 credits remaining - mostly in upper division science courses.
I did well this past semester, which is what brought my GPA up, so assuming I continue on this track, my AMCAS GPA is projected to be about a cGPA of 3.1, sGPA 3.0.
I have good ECs including a lot of research, clinical, and service hours. A lot of my time is also spent on helping the communities I am apart of (AA). I plan to take the MCAT in the beginning of 2019. If I do ok (> 510), is it logical for me to apply next cycle?
I am aware there is a lot of "if"s in my situation, but if I need to do a post bacc I need to start preparing for it financially. I would appreciate any insight - thank you!
Last edited:
I have no solid advice to give you (as I’m probably the least qualified person on here), but I’ll be wishing you the best of luck!! May the odds be ever in your favor 