You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rochester Univeristy AEGD program 2018-2019
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
But the funny thing is, where are all those guys? Because here I think we are 30 applicants, so, where the 200 others? They are not interested in share and learn from the others experiences?They are interviewing total 235 candidates.Interview process is supercool.So just be yrself guys.Good Luck.
Sorry, but I don't think so. I think I am on the last batch on November 2dn.Are they going to send more invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far 5 batches in total including nov2nd batch,approximately 150 applicantsBut the funny thing is, where are all those guys? Because here I think we are 30 applicants, so, where the 200 others? They are not interested in share and learn from the others experiences?
Hi guys, I was on the last batch. To sum up, was almost 40 people been interviewed, we wait for about 3 ours at least. 10 min interviews. The interviewers were exausted. Is very difficult to say if was a good interview or not, know is just wait, so good luck for all of us.
how to apply for this program?Hello everyone!
I created this topic to share any information about Rochester AEGD program 2018-2019 application.
Good luck for all of us!
"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. If you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai lama
how to apply for this program?
ADEA PASS/MATCH online application. 👍
Depends on ur priority, if ur desire is to get DDS degree then advance standing otherwise if u want to be able to practice in few states, AEGD is not a bad option
But, after 5 years of practicing dentistry in a particular state, one should be able to practice, by endorsement, in other states too, right?
Also, I want to clear some doubts: the AEGD for foreign trained dentists is tuition-based,but after finishing it does one have to do a further residency in order to get licensed in NYS?
Last edited:
Yes u need to done 1 more year of residencyBut, after 5 years of practicing dentistry in a particular state, one should be able to do it, by endorsement, in other states too, right?
Also, I want to clear some doubts: the AEGD for foreign trained dentists is tuition-based,but after finishing it does one have to do a further residency in order to get licensed in NYS?
Yes u need to do 1 more year of residency
Ok,thanks for clearing the doubt.Yes u need to done 1 more year of residency
What about practicing for 5 years in a particular state then move on? Are you eligible to practice in other states, without a DDS/DMD, only by endorsement?
Also I think one of the biggest factors in choosing a AEGD over an Advanced Standing program, is tuition fees, which are much less than the latter one....
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. I’m sure u can practice in NY with 5 yrs of experience from any other state. If u have DDS/ DMD it is 2 yrs. So no need of residency in both these cases.Ok,thanks for clearing the doubt.
What about practicing for 5 years in a particular state then move on? Are you eligible to practice in other states, without a DDS/DDM, only by endorsement?
Also I think one of the biggest factors in choosing a AEGD over an Advanced Standing program, is tuition fees, which are much less than the latter one....
Thanks for answering...honestly what would be the cons of doing an AEGD over an IDP of 2 year-long? I see that many international dentists still want to go for the DMD/DDS route, why? Isn't AEGD less expensive?Yes. I’m sure u can practice in NY with 5 yrs of experience from any other state. If u have DDS/ DMD it is 2 yrs. So no need of residency in both these cases.
Last edited:
I think the results will be released on December. Correct me if I am wrong. Best of luck to all!Any news from rochester??
Because it is extremely difficult to get into AEGD if u r not a recent graduate and especially for Indians it is very difficult bcz of some country quota or so. Not completely sure about the race though.Thanks for answering...honestly what would be the cons of doing an AEGD over an IDP of 2 year-long? I see that many international dentists still want to go the DMD/DDS, why? Isn't AEGD less expensive?
What about tuition fees for an AEGD? Aren’t they less?Because it is extremely difficult to get into AEGD if u r not a recent graduate and especially for Indians it is very difficult bcz of some country quota or so. Not completely sure about the race though.
Of course very less compared to the advanced standingWhat about tuition fees for an AEGD? Aren’t they less?
And, after finishing it, you’re eligible to sit the NERB/WREN etc exam, aren’t you?Of course very less compared to the advanced standing
hey everyone! i have a question regarding AEGD. i recently moved to the states. i passed NBDE part 1 and 2 with toefl : 100 and GPA 3.00 from turkey. the thing is i don't know if i should apply for AEGD or advanced standing. i don't know how high my chances are. i'm a little worried for advanced standing because of my GPA. and for AEGD i don't know what will happen after i finish the course and the requirements to licensure. any ideas?
My interview was in October 17. I don't have any news from Eastman. I wish you Happy Holidays and best of luck! Please, if anyone received any news kindly share it here. This waiting period is so difficult for all of us.No news yet about decision making for AEGD at EIOH?
Anyone??
Mid january they will let us know through email.Good luck everyone.My interview was in October 17. I don't have any news from Eastman. I wish you Happy Holidays and best of luck! Please, if anyone received any news kindly share it here. This waiting period is so difficult for all of us.
Thank you, and do you know if they’ll let the people know if they didnt make it also...Mid january they will let us know through email.Good luck everyone.
Happy Holidays and good luck to all of us!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck guys!
Best of luck for upcoming week to my fellow applicants!
Not yet..Any updates?
Not yet..
My friend got one tooThank you for sharing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did they receive acceptance letter. Is this via mail or email?My friend got one too
Last edited:
Is this notification via mail or email?Hi guys Rochester has started to send acceptances a friend of mine received this afternoon...cross the fingers
Not yet . Good luck!Email..Anyone who is currently in usa got acceptance?