This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livvvdpt

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Rosalind Franklin University? I submitted regular decision on 9/12 and received notification on 9/26 that my application file was complete and would be forwarded to be reviewed. I received an email yesterday 10/24 that included: "This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee, and, although we believe your credentials demonstrate academic potential, it is still under continued consideration. "

What does this mean--- Is my application still being reviewed then? This is not a rejection, right? Has anyone else received this email or heard back from RFU otherwise? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email two weeks ago! Im confused as to what it means as well...

I got the same email two weeks ago! Im confused as to what it means as well...
Hey! Yeah, I read it and thought it sounded positive. But part of me is wondering if it's a form of rejection/denial? Lol, I really have no clue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a similar email 3 weeks ago! I saw it as disappointing that it's not an interview offer, but good that it wasn't a rejection. Just another part of the waiting game.

I got a similar email 3 weeks ago! I saw it as disappointing that it's not an interview offer, but good that it wasn't a rejection. Just another part of the waiting game.
Agreed. Have you heard from them since? I actually sent them an email today inquiring about this "continued consideration" status and am waiting to hear back.

I received the exact same email. When I talked to one of the admissions people, she gave a very vague answering. She didn't really elaborate on the meaning of the email. She just said that there is no time frame as to when applicants will hear back if he/she received that email. In other words, it can be days, weeks, or months.

I emailed them to ask about what the "continued consideration" email meant. They said that I have NOT been waitlisted or rejected (thankfully), and that the email was simply an update letting me know that my application has gone through initial review and they are still reviewing and considering my application and will email me when a decision has been made. So I am happy to hear that it's not a waitlist/rejection! :)

Agreed. Have you heard from them since? I actually sent them an email today inquiring about this "continued consideration" status and am waiting to hear back.

I haven't heard anything since, but I just saw your post that you heard back. Thanks for sharing the response you got! It seems like just what I thought, more waiting...

I got in back in September but just declined their offer so hopefully that opens a spot for someone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an interview but had to reschedule because it conflicted with another engagement? Did they really not give you a spot for the next interview like their policy said? I have a trip that has been in the books since july and I paid in full already for the tirp

I have recently been accepted to RFUMS College of Pharmacy. Feel free to ask any sort of questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the main concerns I have noticed during my career is the mental health situation among healthcare professionals . One doctor commits suicide everyday in U.S which is something we all should be concerned about. Kindly feel free to share your thoughts/opinions to make this situation better so we can secure the lives and future of our nation's healthcare professionals.

I have an interview this Saturday 1/5, can anyone offer any tips for the MMI format? Also, will there be a pre-interview essay as well?
Thank you!

Could you share your stats?

Sure thing!

University: Loyola University Chicago

Major: Theatre, Minors in Musical Theatre and Psychology

Overall: 3.8
Pre-req: 3.45
GRE: 156Q 157V 4.5

Extracurricular: LGBTQ Activist group, Hip Hop dance team, Several theatrical productions, Dog walker, Assistant directed 2 productions

Volunteer Hours: About 250 hours in several settings

LOR's: (1) PT (1) Psych professor (1) Theatre director and professor (1) English and Theatre professor

Applied: Rosalind Franklin, Northwestern, U of Iowa, Bellarmine, NYU, Simmons College, OSU, Pitt

Waitlist: OSU, Pitt
Denied:
Accepted: Rosalind Franklin, Northwestern, U of Iowa, Bellarmine, NYU, Simmons College

Good luck!!

Have you heard any update? Getting nervous lol

I haven’t heard back yet either. I’m assuming it may take a little while for the academic update to process and be reviewed and maybe they will make their decisions soon? It’s hard to tell. But I feel the same way lol

I haven’t heard back yet either. I’m assuming it may take a little while for the academic update to process and be reviewed and maybe they will make their decisions soon? It’s hard to tell. But I feel the same way lol

I wish we knew our spot on the waitlist and it seems like they are still doing interviews so I don’t know what to think about that

I wish we knew our spot on the waitlist and it seems like they are still doing interviews so I don’t know what to think about that

Right? I thought that if they went through all the originally offered acceptances, then they would turn to the waitlist. And THEN after they went through all of the waitlist, they would do more interviews if need be. Hopefully though since they just did another round yesterday, we will hear back in the next 7-10 days along with that group of people, if we have moved off the list?

So I interviewed yesterday and they said they sent out 60 out of the 100 acceptance they usually sound out. And that there is one more interview February 1 but that’s more to see if they need it or not or how many people accept

So I interviewed yesterday and they said they sent out 60 out of the 100 acceptance they usually sound out. And that there is one more interview February 1 but that’s more to see if they need it or not or how many people accept

Do you know how many people they have interviewed total?

Did they say when you would hear back? Keep us updated!

Hi guys, I see that a ton of people have interviewed at Rosalind Franklin already. I have been invited to the Feb 1 interview date and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on how the interview works? I was a little confused on what they mentioned on their website (health care knowledge, role playing, teamwork activities, and then mini interviews?)

Would love any advice/tips just so I can be prepared for whats coming my way. Goodluck to all of you!

Hi guys, I see that a ton of people have interviewed at Rosalind Franklin already. I have been invited to the Feb 1 interview date and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on how the interview works? I was a little confused on what they mentioned on their website (health care knowledge, role playing, teamwork activities, and then mini interviews?)

Would love any advice/tips just so I can be prepared for whats coming my way. Goodluck to all of you!
When did you receive your interview invite? I submitted my application months ago and still haven’t heard back :/ Congrats btw :)

Congrats on the interview! I would recommend looking up common MMI style questions. I found a YouTube channel that had some really tough examples and broke down the thought process/how to approach it. This method is mainly used for medical school interviews so there is a ton of information on the web to help familiarize yourself with the process.There’s really no way to prepare for what they might ask you, so it’s important to just be honest with who you are and be confident!

With the MMI there’s not really any way to prepared for it because you don’t know what the question or prompt will be. I will say though, I went to my pre-pt advisor at my undergraduate school to help me prepare before hand, and that experience was way way way more stressful than the actual MMI was. Just answer the questions in a way that is true to yourself.

When did you receive your interview invite? I submitted my application months ago and still haven’t heard back :/ Congrats btw :)

I just heard back today! I also applied months ago and they took this long to get back to me...so I would expect that they will be reaching out to you soon. I noticed Rosalind Franklin definitely likes to take their time with their apps lol. Goodluck to you!

Gosh I wonder what the size of the waitlist is? They've interviewed a lot and are still interviewing. It's all confusing to me. I hope they let people on the waitlist know soon because people need to start making decisions.

any updates??
I heard back on Friday and was accepted! We have two weeks to commit, so I think the people on the waitlist should start hearing back soon since the January 15th deadline is up and we have a short time to commit.

An update for those on the waitlist! I interviewed on 9/21 and was waitlisted 9/25. They emailed me today (1/15) that I have been accepted! I am going to decline my spot as I have already put my deposit in for another school. Good luck everyone!!

still haven’t heard back... and i haven’t even interviewed

I’m in the same boat. I asked for an update a couple days ago and got a response saying my application is still being reviewed.

Anyone who went to the admitted students day today, did they say that all of the slots were filled?

Hey! I have my interview at Rosalind Franklin soon and I was just looking for feedback on MMI? Any advice? Thanks!

Hey! I have my interview at Rosalind Franklin soon and I was just looking for feedback on MMI? Any advice? Thanks!
I have my interview November 16th! How did your's go? Were you prepared for the MMI? Any advice?

Reactions: 1 users
I have my interview November 16th! How did your's go? Were you prepared for the MMI? Any advice?
Honestly i really liked It! It was nice to focus on that instead of answers to the typical interview questions. I thought i messed up but i was accepted so i guess it went better than i expected

Hey! When did you apply? I applied a couple of months ago and still haven't heard back! I'm getting pretty anxious haha
As did I! I applied back in mid-September. Received the email 3 days later stating that I'm "still under consideration". No interview invite yet but just interviewed @ NIU on the 9th. I wouldn't get too worried as they have rolling admissions, but I admit it's difficult to keep waiting.

As did I! I applied back in mid-September. Received the email 3 days later stating that I'm "still under consideration". No interview invite yet but just interviewed @ NIU on the 9th. I wouldn't get too worried as they have rolling admissions, but I admit it's difficult to keep waiting.
Yes I applied mid/late September too and got that same email!

Hey! When did you apply? I applied a couple of months ago and still haven't heard back! I'm getting pretty anxious haha
I applied late September. I just had my interview this weekend and they said there is another interview booked for Dec. 6th and there will be two more after that. As of November 16th they interviewed 94 students.